re-installing

Destoval

Well i recently deleted my GR :wacko: yes i know...but i want to put it back on but now when put the cd in but instead of having instal ghostrecon i have uninstall so i'm just like alright i'll click that but when it goes to startup the installshield wizard i tihnk it moves over 2 bars and then i get the error

An instalation support file could not be installed.

The parameter is incorrect.

I can't seem to install my GR anymore... can anyone help? :yes:

in ure uninstalling guide you said to do this

DELETE THE FOLLOWING REG KEYS AND CONTENTS:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\AppPaths\GhostRecon.exe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsft\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\D89EF3B3-4665-B7A9-A4235A6DC787

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\applications\GhostRecon.exe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Red Storm Entertainment\Ghost Recon

but for the files in currentversion....i didnt even find a current version?

ok well i used it and now my firefox is all mest.....for gr.net the backdrop is wht not longer green, ican't access gmail anymore on the fron page of gr.net i cant access any of the pictures? its like something got taken off from firefox's plugin?

oh ya also Ghostrecon is still in my add/remove but when i try to remove it it says that c:\program files\common files\Installshield\engine\6\Intel32\iuser.dll could not be installed then it says underneath the parameter is incorrect.

That shows it still has an entry in the registry in the uninstall section. To get there follow this path and delete the entry. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Microsoft>Windows>Current Version>Uninstall. ;)

ok well the problem is that in my microsoft folder there is no current version!....but also my firefox is all messed bcause of ccleaner because i think my gmail and my gr.net was open when it cleanded out the reg so i cant access my gmail and now the format of gr.net is all messed. anybody know how to fix that to?

• 2 months later...

Hello - I had EXCACTLY the same problem: i deleted GR without installing it and thus had major problems afterward ... if u dont know very much (=not expert-like) about computers and about (re-)programming in general this is what i suggest. Reformat. It is as simple as it is effective and it is exactly what i have done. Its 100% sure (if yr cd is still good) that the game will work; plus u have cleaned up yr pc so it probably will run even faster and thus better. Ive did it today, so i know what i am talking about ... stop screwing around and just format yr hard disc. That's what u have to do

GReetz