this guy claims that he have played Graw PC

The report seems to be online now, but its in danish.  Can someone who knows danish make a quick summery of that review?  THanks! :)

Ok, heres what I think are the most important parts of the hands on preview:

He thinks it resembles GR1.

The animations are great, so is the body awarenes.

The reloading/weapons animations are very well done.

The AI took cover when under attack.

He praises the graphics over and over ; )

The physics also get a positive feedback, especially in the sence that its possible to shoot a car until almost every part falls off.

He didnt get to play any kind of MP.

Overall he gives the preview of GRAW a 9/10.

Other than this there is no real groundbreaking news in this preview. But cool that they did it imo. :thumbsup:

V.P.

A small correction to the last part of the brief translation:

GR[Dark] does not want give the game any grade ("due to it's a preview"). The 9/10 grade mentioned, was referring to GRIN/UBI for their "loyalty". However, GR[Dark] states that all his expectations of the game were fulfilled and he is sure the GRAW will be well received.

Personally, I think the review was kind of simplistic and did not reveal any exciting news, but I’m sure it’s rather difficult to penetrate the full game of playing half a mission only on a rather dull desktop… Still, my congratulations to the Danish [GR]clanmembers for having the opportunity to play the game!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bo is reading this thread... prepare for insight :D

There won't be any surprises for Bo here, he was the one showing them the game :rofl:

I think you are mistaken Rocky. As far as I understood, the game is shown off by UBI SOFT NORDIC marketing manager Harald Horsberg. And not by Bo.

Woops, that was a misunderstanding due to language, it wasn't Dark who was meeting Bo... :whistle:

When does Colin's report arrive? :whistle::whistle::whistle:

I just have to comment that the Falkonet and his Ghost Recon Elite Platoon are serious hardcore GR PC gamers, and that I'm glad they were chosen to preview the new game.

It's been a long time, but I still remember playing the FLAVA mod campaigns with no respawns with couple of those [GR] guys, and it was a really a top notch frag session.

Congrats on getting your dirty hands on GRAW PC!

Anyways I read the preivew as I'm Norwegian I can read Danish & Swedish(Lovely ain't it?)

Some of the key things they were impressed with:

-HUD: well integreted within the game

-Body awearness: detailed animations when you crawl & run(elbows flexes out)

-AI was aggressive(took cover bedhind objects)

-Bullet impact: They shoot towards a car, impressive details

Some other stuff:

-Ubisoft Nordic didn't have a PC good enough to run GRAW on max, graphics card was not good enough and were 1GB short (?) Hence they ran it on 800X600 res.

-Ubi marketing director says the server requierments will be much like GR1

Just a little short summary before they translate the whole thing ;)

I made an english translation on the article that you guys wrote - I wont post unless you allow me to do so.

It is basically just copied the best I can, and I thought that you guys might appreciate it. If you want to do it on your own, I wont post it.

let me know if its ok, and the english version will be up asap . either on your page or on this one?

It's great that the PC crowd is finally getting some news!! :) . I'm sure this game will be what us consolers wanted, if they didn't mess up the series and put the OTS view. I just have a question for you guys (and maybe RSE).

If the XBOX 360 is so powerful, then why do the PC shots look so much better? I don't know much about hardware, but when I play GRAW, the framerate chugs (in multiplayer), there is no V-sync, and it takes me 5 seconds just to turn around (non responsive aiming).

Has the 360 been maxed out? I know the aiming in PC games is very fast/responsive, why isn't that incorporated when in FPV on GRAW? Can the system not handle it?

I miss the fluid controls, and look, of [GR] and GRIT. Will we ever get those controls with PC quality graphics?

What do you guys think?

and again, congrats on the stellar looking screens!!!! :D

Edited by Trinity22

It's great that the PC crowd is finally getting some news!!  :) .  I'm sure this game will be what us consolers wanted, if they didn't mess up the series and put the OTS view.  I just have a question for you guys (and maybe RSE).

If the XBOX 360 is so powerful, then why do the PC shots look so much better?  I don't know much about hardware, but when I play GRAW, the framerate chugs (in multiplayer), there is no V-sync, and it takes me 5 seconds just to turn around (non responsive aiming).

Has the 360 been maxed out?  I know the aiming in PC games is very fast/responsive, why isn't that incorporated when in FPV on GRAW?  Can the system not handle it? 

I miss the fluid controls, and look, of [GR] and GRIT.  Will we ever get those controls with PC quality graphics?

What do you guys think?

and again, congrats on the stellar looking screens!!!!  :D

so, you say you can play this game on high settings ? :rofl:

btw: compare 1500 polygon ghost member versus Xbox360 15000 polygon ghost member

oh, and Xbox 360, is new thing for developers....oh and Graw is using only 60% of x360 power, or wait only one processor....and i shut up now, as im not Pc or X360 fanboy :rofl:

Edited by capteenix

It's great that the PC crowd is finally getting some news!!  :) .  I'm sure this game will be what us consolers wanted, if they didn't mess up the series and put the OTS view.  I just have a question for you guys (and maybe RSE).

If the XBOX 360 is so powerful, then why do the PC shots look so much better?  I don't know much about hardware, but when I play GRAW, the framerate chugs (in multiplayer), there is no V-sync, and it takes me 5 seconds just to turn around (non responsive aiming).

Has the 360 been maxed out?  I know the aiming in PC games is very fast/responsive, why isn't that incorporated when in FPV on GRAW?  Can the system not handle it? 

I miss the fluid controls, and look, of [GR] and GRIT.  Will we ever get those controls with PC quality graphics?

What do you guys think?

and again, congrats on the stellar looking screens!!!!   :D

btw: compare 1500 polygon ghost member versus Xbox360 15000 polygon ghost member

oh, and Xbox 360, is new thing for developers....oh and Graw is using only 60% of x360 power, or wait only one processor....and i shut up now, as im not Pc or X360 fanboy :rofl:

I don't mean to be rude, but I have no idea what you're talking about. Can you be more specific? The devs already said it's using all three cores. Also, if it's only using 60% of the power, then it should have any problem running the game fluidlt, right? But it is not. It chugs along.

Edited by Trinity22

so, you say you can play this game on high settings ?  :rofl: 

oh, and Xbox 360, is new thing  for developers....oh and Graw is using only 60% of x360 power, or wait only one processor....and i shut up now, as im not Pc or X360 fanboy  :rofl:

Wow, drop that Microsoft propaganda pipe, it might affect your brain functions. ;)

What do you guys think?

and again, congrats on the stellar looking screens!!!!   :D

Who said the PC uses only 1500 polys per character?

What do you guys think?

and again, congrats on the stellar looking screens!!!!  :D

Unfortunately not m8 as long as they keep making you guy's use that horrible controller.

It's a physical impossibility to make the movement as fluid or accurate as a mouse with a thumb stick. Not a limitation of the XBOX 360 just the control method.

so, you say you can play this game on high settings ?  

oh, and Xbox 360, is new thing  for developers....oh and Graw is using only 60% of x360 power, or wait only one processor....and i shut up now, as im not Pc or X360 fanboy

Capteenix from the UBI forums?? I see you brought your big spoon with you. <_<

Where did you get these numbers? :huh: Enquiring minds want to know. Seems like you have some bad inside info or are just making up numbers.

Unfortunately not m8 as long as they keep making you guy's use that horrible controller.

It's a physical impossibility to make the movement as fluid or accurate as a mouse with a thumb stick. Not a limitation of the XBOX 360 just the control method.

Microsoft decided long ago NOT to allow keyboard/mouse support for game control in the XBox360 because it unbalances gameplay in multi-player between those that have keyboard/mouse and those who don't.

--Logos

Edited by Logos

so, you say you can play this game on high settings ? 

oh, and Xbox 360, is new thing  for developers....oh and Graw is using only 60% of x360 power, or wait only one processor....and i shut up now, as im not Pc or X360 fanboy

Capteenix from the UBI forums?? I see you brought your big spoon with you. <_<

Where did you get these numbers? :huh: Enquiring minds want to know. Seems like you have some bad inside info or are just making up numbers.

EDIT: ah, thats my brother. i stole his nivk..so cool :P

Edited by capteenix