Some New COOL PC SCREENSHOTS

Bo, is that helicopter screeny on high detail? if so wot card was you using and wot fps was u getting :P those graphics are crazy :D

Nope thats medium detail.

I dont get it, why wont/dont you post ALL pics at Highest setting. The way I see it; the prettier, the better! Why dont you use all the tricks and sparks when you got it? :ph34r:

Beacuse the high setting requires some cards not available yet.

I'm seeing a little confusion here.

Bo in this case (V.P. asked about HIGHEST) means high settings (med, HIGH, ppu) or highest=ppu?

And the 'card not available yet' is AGEIA ppu or a new generation VC?

Its a good question, but I think Bo is talking about a "next gen" videocard, because he reffers to a gf7900 (or some other brand) with 512 mb ram on the previus pages. Correct me if im wrong Bo.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice screens.. but is it just me or do the weapons look just too big on the screens? It seems like the rifle takes up a huge part of the lower right area of the whole picture :blink:

lol actually its even more realistic than in all the other games...a rifle isnt just a tiny toy.. :o=

there has been discussions about this before lol....

lets just say its not realistic... for many reasons

nah not really. there's only one reason it's unrealistic: you're on a monitor with quite an unsignificant FOV as compared to human eyesight. but if you can't get past that you're probably not going to be satisfied with the realism of any game.

some would argue that even with you're view being partially blocked by a gun, thus having your FOV reduced even more, FPWV still feels more real than FPNWV (?) because it adds to your level of immersion (hopefully this will be especially true with the body awareness feature in GR: AW).

having said that i definately wouldn't be against a toggle in the options menu.

Edited by zwitherow

Bo, how would your wife like you calling her a guy? The ladies we have around here are drooling and asking you questions too. I am suprised Miss Loki didn't knock you around with her purse (or what ever it is she carries).  Do we need to do a photo chop contest of you in a dress?  :whistle:

I said this in another thread already, but the night shot with the helo is an older build while the others are from an earlier build (you can tell by the HUD and the compass, different brightnesses.

Just hoping for female character skins in multiplayer... :please:

I hear you, girl! There is a female carachter in GRAW for xbox 360, there should also be one in the pc version. But, it's in campaign mode. Don't o much ladies who like to shoot, but I encourage it! You go, girl!

Cheers

Just hoping for female character skins in multiplayer...   :please:

Listen carefully to the audio on the AGEia PPU vs. non-PPU demo videos. It sounds like there's a little feminine groan, which I took to be a female character-type being used as the camera and groaning when hit. Or is my audio that bad?

--Logos

Edited by Logos

Nice screens.. but is it just me or do the weapons look just too big on the screens? It seems like the rifle takes up a huge part of the lower right area of the whole picture :blink:

It looks fine, the weapons take up less of the screen than most games i've seen!

The screenshots are really impressive, except for the indoor one :D

Edited by whoa182

Just hoping for female character skins in multiplayer...  :please:

Listen carefully to the audio on the AGEia PPU vs. non-PPU demo videos. It sounds like there's a little feminine groan, which I took to be a female character-type being used as the camera and groaning when hit. Or is my audio that bad?

--Logos

Could have been a freudian thing.

Okay I just figured out what was bothering me. The windows aren't reflecting the environments! Say it ain't so Bo!

The other thing is that the lighting on the models looks... flat. On the ghosts especially. At least compared to this:

dsc011323vm.jpg

dsc011337bb.jpg

Is it because you are using differently "structured" models for the ghosts, or is the lighting purposefully that way?

Edited by Deepblue

Sorry about this folks, but the night screen is a newer build while the day screens are from an older build. I was extremely tired when I posted that last night. To make matters worse, I had to change to night shift.

Thanks for the clarification, WK.

Okay I just figured out what was bothering me. The windows aren't reflecting the environments! Say it ain't so Bo!

The other thing is that the lighting on the models looks... flat. On the ghosts especially. At least compared to this:

dsc011323vm.jpg

dsc011337bb.jpg

Is it because you are using differently "structured" models for the ghosts, or is the lighting purposefully that way?

well its been said that the HDR lighting has been toned down a bit for PC, which is good. in real sunlight the ghosts wouldn't appear washed out like they do in your last screen (at least not to your eyes, perhaps to a camera lens).

dunno what to say about the windows, i'll have to go back and look at them.

if they are as you say, hopefully they are still tweaking the less important materials (like car windows) since we haven't seen any screens from the current build.

edit: i just noticed in the last screen that you can see the selector switch on the weapon model and actually make out the fire modes.

i wonder if it moves? wouldn't that be over the top and wonderfully satisfying :)

Edited by zwitherow

Listen carefully to the audio on the AGEia PPU vs. non-PPU demo videos.  It sounds like there's a little feminine groan, which I took to be a female character-type being used as the camera and groaning when hit.  Or is my audio that bad? 

--Logos

Could have been a freudian thing.

It might be a freudian thing, but I can still hear it. It's in the video on the left WITHOUT the PPU card. The moment after the truck explodes, there's a groan that definitely sounds feminine.

--Logos

dsc011323vm.jpg

dsc011337bb.jpg

well its been said that the HDR lighting has been toned down a bit for PC, which is good. in real sunlight the ghosts wouldn't appear washed out like they do in your last screen (at least not to your eyes, perhaps to a camera lens).

dunno what to say about the windows, i'll have to go back and look at them.

if they are as you say, hopefully they are still tweaking the less important materials (like car windows) since we haven't seen any screens from the current build.

edit: i just noticed in the last screen that you can see the selector switch on the weapon model and actually make out the fire modes.

i wonder if it moves? wouldn't that be over the top and wonderfully satisfying :)

How is that over the top? I would expect AT LEAST that level of detail considering America's Army has done it since the beginning.

I think zwitherow is calling the "hot lighting" which seemed to make things extremely hard to see as being over-the-top. I never played the 360 GR:AW, but I did notice this in some of the 360 GR:AW videos. From what I understand, this is part of what the GRIN team has been adjusting for the PC.

Also remember, all of the PC screen shots have been shown in "medium setting" (according to Bo). The PC GR:AW preview that took place at UBIsoft Nordic was on a low end PC set in low resolution (with a poor video card). We still have not seen any screens or video footage set in "high".

Maybe Monday will bring some new PC goodies. :whistle:

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

They can't show anything in high, the video cards arn't out yet XD

the current gen cards could show what we've seen in the current screens on high, when bo said the cards weren't good enough to have everything on high, i think he meant HDR + AA with aegia ppu explosions. a couple of 7800 GTs in SLi could do it at a suitable framerate im sure, if they could only do HDR and AA at the same time.

Edited by zwitherow

They can't show anything in high, the video cards arn't out yet XD

the current gen cards could show what we've seen in the current screens on high, when bo said the cards weren't good enough to have everything on high, i think he meant HDR + AA with aegia ppu explosions. a couple of 7800 GTs in SLi could do it at a suitable framerate im sure, if they could only do HDR and AA at the same time.

I think Bo meant he couldn't show anything in ultra-high, because there are no video cards out that support that yet (1 gig cards). We could see things in high though. That was my take on what he meant.

EDIT:

(FuryTM @ Mar 23 2006, 07:01 PM)

Hmm I don't get it.. so an ATI X1800XT/ X1900XT videocard isn't enough to run this puppy on high settings?

Bo:

Yepp it is If you got a 512mb version.

silent_op

Edited by silent_op