Real time footage of GRAW

2. if they are the same explosion, just with two diff processors, why does the enemie next to the truck die differently? wouldnt the shrapnel travel the same distance and still kill him the same?

Read Bo's post on the top of page 2.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bo will GRAW's PPU phyics work with the upcoming Nvidia SLi Physics and have the same results? or will it only be compatible with AGEIAs

The Nvidia physics is not supported now as it is upcoming and GRAW is imminent :)

I personally think that is a mistake. Would it be possible then to add nvidia physics support in a later patch?

Bo will GRAW's PPU phyics work with the upcoming Nvidia SLi Physics and have the same results? or will it only be compatible with AGEIAs

The Nvidia physics is not supported now as it is upcoming and GRAW is imminent :)

I personally think that is a mistake. Would it be possible then to add nvidia physics support in a later patch?

there is no nVidia physics, it's Havok FX showed on a sponsored event tomorrow at the GDC San Jose on nVidia hardware ... but they stated it will run on all SM 3.0 cards

I think there will be no patch for GRAW, maybe in the next GRAW version. It's not just an easy addon, it takes time to integrate this in a game depending on how different the API for PhysX and Havok FX is and if a generalized modelling and programming layer is possible. And a licence for Havok FX is needed too. Who wants to pay that after release of the game?

Edited by Striker-1991

Wow...some actual in-game footage!!! Well, sort of, not very well done and very short, but still!!!

Even better than this is the fact that Bo was here answering questions about it. :yes:

My favorite part of this whole thread:

:thumbsup:

Edited by Uncle_Buck

Wow...some actual in-game footage!!! Well, sort of, not very well done and very short, but still!!!

Even better than this is the fact that Bo was here answering questions about it. :yes:

My favorite part of this whole thread:

:thumbsup:

my thoughts exactly...

yay finally a video with audible noise.

what are those noises thogh? throughout there seems to be a humming noise and is that slap/rip noise jsut the impact of the bullet?

the guy on the right who walks over looks like some 2d figure in some olde tyme game. is that just because of hte video quality and the fact he is shooting at the guy the whole time and therefore will face him the whole time?

im also a little unclear does the HUD shake like that only if its a headshot?

I might be over analyzing this 4 second clip, its all we got though.

there is no nVidia physics, it's Havok FX showed on a sponsored event tomorrow at the GDC San Jose on nVidia hardware ... but they stated it will run on all SM 3.0 cards

I think there will be no patch for GRAW, maybe in the next GRAW version. It's not just an easy addon, it takes time to integrate this in a game depending on how different the API for PhysX and Havok FX is and if a generalized modelling and programming layer is possible. And a licence for Havok FX is needed too. Who wants to pay that after release of the game?

If it doesn't matter which havokFX supports then (ati or nvidia) at least I know it works with a 2 card solution. I guess it would be SLI or crossfire. But the point is with havokFX you don't have to buy a seperate physics card. I think that would be better than the seperate aegia solution.

Thats why I think GRIN should patch GRAW in the future to support it.

so can we confirm that the HUD duznt shake like the footage? and if it duz, can we turn it off. cos straight up, if it looks like that in game - the realism is lost, and i wont buy this game.

love the work GRIN is doing so far, but something like this would *&^% it right up.

Edited by PoW_LigHtsPeEd

so can we confirm that the HUD duznt shake like the footage?  and if it duz, can we turn it off.  cos straight up, if it looks like that in game - the realism is lost, and i wont buy this game.

love the work GRIN is doing so far, but something like this would *&^% it right up.

oh boys!

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...12entry344612

Confirmed

It's nice to see some footage. I definitely don't think I'll be buying a PPU anytime soon. How long will it take for developers to start making games that make use of PPU's? I also think the the explosion in the vid on the left looks more realistic. The game looks great and I wish I didn't have to wait any longer to play it! :)

It's amazing what total of 10 seconds (?) of ingame footage can generate so much activity!

I can only hope Ubisoft will get their finger out and do something, an official trailer or another real ingame footage would generate allot more buzz around this game.

Anyways, another thing I noticed about the commenting by Bo here.

Though as he is in reccording mode he cannot be killed.

My question is:

Is "recording mode" an ingame option that's featured in the Diesel engine? Or are they using a third party software & turned on godmode to capture the footage?

I'm on thin ice but I can try right? :o

If it doesn't matter which havokFX supports then (ati or nvidia) at least I know it works with a 2 card solution.  I guess it would be SLI or crossfire.  But the point is with havokFX you don't have to buy a seperate physics card.  I think that would be better than the seperate aegia solution.

Thats why I think GRIN should patch GRAW in the future to support it.

Thats my thoughts too. I really don't like to buy another card with extra memory, when I already have a powerful gfx card (or two). These effect physics are very bound to the gfx, so adding physical behaviour to graphical objects is a nice effort. Let's see and evaluate it when it's ready.