Real time footage of GRAW

Please, please, please tell me why the HUD is dancing?

I know the HUD in GRAW's concept is that it is seen through is visor/monacle whatever and that a shockwave in theory would 'disturb' the onscreen images but I think it would be rediculous to have the hud dancing around like that every time he lets off a nade.

Besides the stance and fire rate indicator wouldnt be in his visor view, they are there just cause we need an icon indicator for those things int he abscence of a real world view.

Ah looked closely. The guy who shoots get hit like TOO many times (no wonder he is not in cover) so the hit sakes his head. Though as he is in reccording mode he cannot be killed. Remeber that was a Physix simulation. One hit like theat he would topple over and die. The dance will not apear like that in the game.

Then the shake form the explosion is a shockwave.

Ok hope that clear up things

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe me Sniper, you'll be eating your words - that's if you've still got room. Was it not you who was moaning that after 2 weeks of the 360 version you were now fed up and wanted the PC version?

Yeah, mate, I want the depth of the ^c version. i know it will look smart with my new x1900xtx around may. Won't hear me complaining, but you can't judge it from this small clip, that was my whole point.

Cheers

I know the HUD in GRAW's concept is that it is seen through is visor/monacle whatever and that a shockwave in theory would 'disturb' the onscreen images but I think it would be rediculous to have the hud dancing around like that every time he lets off a nade.

Besides the stance and fire rate indicator wouldnt be in his visor view, they are there just cause we need an icon indicator for those things int he abscence of a real world view.

It is a shokwave Poita. And to move some parts of the HUD and not others was not really working well.

Does it also happen when hit by a bullet?

Cheers

Absolutely, I agree, but this clip is indicative of what we have been hearing all along - it was just a question of whether you chose to believe in the team or not. I don't mind if you call me a fanboy - I think its important that in these final days of development that the dev team get all the support we can muster AND that we ensure that the wider community are aware of the greatness that this game will surely live up to.

After the huge drought of information, and the over-emphasis of the 360 version, people need to be aware that this is the version that they will be playing in a year's time.

It is a shokwave Poita. And to move some parts of the HUD and not others was not really working well.

Does it also happen when hit by a bullet?

Cheers

Right... in the Head - killer shot.

Bo, i dont know if you would know, but will these PPU cards have different spec. Like a graphics would? i didnt find anything on there site, except that they have 128mb ram etc.. hope it doesnt end up like a graphics card thing

Marketingwise, it would be smart to get some variations of the product. So, people can feel l33t about the piece of hardware they have. An interesting question. But more interesting would be:

Bo, do you recommend the card? Based on the gameplay experience? Does it add from a gamers perspective?

Cheers

Edited by M95-Sniper

Bo, i dont know if you would know, but will these PPU cards have different spec. Like a graphics would? i didnt find anything on there site, except that they have 128mb ram etc.. hope it doesnt end up like a graphics card thing

Marketingwise, it would be smart too get some variations of the product. So, people can feel l33t about the piece of hardware they have. An interesting question. But more interesting would be:

Bo, do you recommend the card? Based on the gameplay experience? Does it add from a gamers perspective?

Cheers

I like the extra bang you get for that buck yeah. I hope lots of devs use it in games after us.

The physics looks awesome, but I have a question thoe.. In the video on the left the soldier by the green car doesn't die because of the explosion, but the soldier in the video on the right does die because of the exploding truck.. :unsure: Maybe the guy on the left was slightly more away from the truck but still.. Can anyone eleborate more on this?

Edited by FuryTM

Thank's for the quick clear up Bo.

Does that mean that if he is taken out by a nade or shot there will be one quick jerk of the hud image before he dies?

also, is the death anim/action as long as it was in GR1? It seemed to take ages to slump to the ground and die in GR1 hehe.

Marketingwise, it would be smart too get some variations of the product. So, people can feel l33t about the piece of hardware they have. An interesting question. But more interesting would be:

Cheers

I like the extra bang you get for that buck yeah. I hope lots of devs use it in games after us.

It looks like more than just a marketing gimmick, let's all hope more developers will use it. Can you elaborate abit on the graphical settings here? What gfx card was used? And at what settings. Gun animation looks good, btw.

Cheers

Awsome stuff, but shouldn't the shockwave from an explosion that powerful send the guy next to it flying? It looks like he just drops to the ground.

Nope that explosion is not powerfull enough to fling him far. The grenade explodes in the truck. But if you hit something like a larger tank of fuel, hit with more than 1 nade, or with c4 or just blow up a gas station or such then ppl will be flying. Bodys when they die drop pretty straight down from shrapnel and bullets at high speeds.

It is a balance.

Cheers

It looks like more than just a marketing gimmick, let's all hope more developers will use it. Can you elaborate abit on the graphical settings here? What gfx card was used? And at what settings. Gun animation looks good, btw.

Cheers

The movie res is low so I can't really tell what was used there actually.

At least this connection will calm the fears of those who think GRAW still might get cancelled. I doubt a graphics card componant company would be touting it if it was vapor ware.

Not that i needed that, GRIN being so active here gave me faith a while ago.

Could this be the start of a trickle of media?

At least this connection will calm the fears of those who think GRAW still might get cancelled. I doubt a graphics card componant company would be touting it if it was vapor ware.

Not that i needed that, GRIN being so active here gave me faith a while ago.

Could this be the start of a trickle of media?

I think, we'll have to wait till after the E3, and to some extent, the hype of the xbox 360 version has worn off.

Cheers