Real time footage of GRAW

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter™… one of the year’s hottest new games.  Quest to save the President of the United States, recover stolen nuclear codes and eliminate a vicious band of renegade soldiers hell-bent on unleashing catastrophe.  The game unfolds entirely in Mexico City, where numerous, meticulously researched and detailed environments will deliver complete immersion into the future of urban warfare.  Powered with PhysX by AGEIA.

Check it out here. Too small clips of GRAW PC!

First ingame footage of GRAW PC? :santa:

Source

Edited by Deosl

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter™… one of the year’s hottest new games.  Quest to save the President of the United States, recover stolen nuclear codes and eliminate a vicious band of renegade soldiers hell-bent on unleashing catastrophe.  The game unfolds entirely in Mexico City, where numerous, meticulously researched and detailed environments will deliver complete immersion into the future of urban warfare.  Powered with PhysX by AGEIA.

Source

WOW!

.........hahahahahahah............ i saw that too.................... :rofl:

I put it on the other post................. :wacko: ......lol...................the one about the AGEIA PPU.

this is too funny................. ;)

but it IS an awesome view.....................looks great.............. :thumbsup: .

Source

That looks Tha ######, man, but is the left really the normal animation? I remember that Bo said something about doing it at 4 levels:

low

mid

high

physics card

Is the left on low settings?

Bo, could you please respond?

Cheers

Nice Find!!!

From what I saw I guess the PPU makes a big difference. I noticed something very interesting in the two videos.

The High End Physics on General Purpose Processor has a tango in front of the player, stepping out to the right. When the truck explodes, he is still alive and seems to be in a kneeling position returning fire.

The Full Immersion Physics has the same tango in front of the player, stepping out to the right. When the truck explodes, he clearly goes down from the blast. He does not seem to be "alive" or able to return fire. Not to mention the explosion was so much more dramatic.

This brings up some questions..

- Does the PPU add more damage to the explosion than without it?

- How will that work out if you are playing online (co-op for me) with a PPU and others do not have a PPU?

- Will they see the same tango go down as I did with my PPU?

silent_op

haha, with PPU you kill more enemies :blink:

thats a stupid comparsion and it smells like a commercial ...

oh, it's already a commercial :lol:

if the "explosion" to the left is the maximum on CPU than

the 360 version looks better (without PPU) :nono:

Edited by Striker-1991

Hard to believe we've waited so long for any motion. Quite aside from the fact that ALREADY it looks fantastic (combat, weapon model, sound) without the the PPU, and miles better than the 360 version, then you have reason to believe THIS is why they have been keeping it under wraps.

When you add the PPU and see the revolutionary effects, you KNOW they have been keeping this under wraps for a good reason - it makes the 360 version look like its little brother. THIS is the definitive GRAW my friends. THIS is what you should be spending your money on. Who needs a 360 when you can have realistically modelled particle effects like that smoke and dust?

I can confirm it is the PC version yes :)

The fact that the events are a bit different is that they are indeed different - they played like crazy for hours to get two similar - did not want to fake the footage in terms of gameplay I guess.

Soo PPU will not kill easier no :)

Hard to believe we've waited so long for any motion. Quite aside from the fact that ALREADY it looks fantastic (combat, weapon model, sound) without the the PPU, and miles better than the 360 version, then you have reason to believe THIS is why they have been keeping it under wraps.

When you add the PPU and see the revolutionary effects, you KNOW they have been keeping this under wraps for a good reason - it makes the 360 version look like its little brother. THIS is the definitive GRAW my friends. THIS is what you should be spending your money on. Who needs a 360 when you can have realistically modelled particle effects like that smoke and dust?

Nah, sorry, mate, I've played the xbox 360 version. And this does not look much better and the sound sounds like crap in the clip. Is more due to the format, I guess. But from this 3 second clip, you can't say anything, but that the explosion with card is better than the xbox 360, without card the xbox 360 version looks better. But that is besides the point. Bo stated they did 4 levels of animation and physics. The question is, is the left movie on the lowest settings. And to be really honest, you sound like a fanboy. If it's better I will be the first to agree, but keep it real!

Cheers

Edited by M95-Sniper

The fact that the events are a bit different is that they are indeed different - they played like crazy for hours to get two similar - did not want to fake the footage in terms of gameplay I guess.

Bo, at what level of detail is the left movie? You spoke of three software levels:

low

mid

high

Cheers

Bo, at what level of detail is the left movie? You spoke of three software levels:

low

mid

high

Cheers

im sure he said 3 levels medium, high, PPU

I'm very very curious how PC will run GRAW with and without AGEIA chip. Bo, plz, can you tell us (framerate example would be great) is there some improvement in framerate on same hardware with AGEIA's help. Thnx

AGEIA does not affect Framarate or vice versa. With a AGEIA PPU you simply get another level of special effects and physics added to the game.

Every effect we do is done in 3 versions, Medium, High and PPU version.

Edited by pangbang

lol I just realized, if you take a closer look you can see that on the right one that guy is way closer to the truck than on the left one (when it explodes)

Surely I believe with that card it would look better but I stil dol believe that what we're seeing here is a little commercial fake :P

Edited by DarkG

low

mid

high

Cheers

Yepp said med, high, ppu.

This left I think is Med for that case

As I said earlier on this topic... imagine going into a parkinglot :)

low

mid

high

Cheers

Yepp said med, high, ppu.

This left I think is Med for that case

As I said earlier on this topic... imagine going into a parkinglot :)

Thank you for answering, Bo. Does the truck in the first movie not explode because it gets hit at a different spot? Or is that the animation and physics? If so, shouldn't it explode on medium settings also? Like in the xbox 360 version.

Cheers

Edited by M95-Sniper

Please, please, please tell me why the HUD is dancing?

I know the HUD in GRAW's concept is that it is seen through is visor/monacle whatever and that a shockwave in theory would 'disturb' the onscreen images but I think it would be rediculous to have the hud dancing around like that every time he lets off a nade.

Besides the stance and fire rate indicator wouldnt be in his visor view, they are there just cause we need an icon indicator for those things int he abscence of a real world view.

Please, please, please tell me why the HUD is dancing?

I know the HUD in GRAW's concept is that it is seen through is visor/monacle whatever and that a shockwave in theory would 'disturb' the onscreen images but I think it would be rediculous to have the hud dancing around like that every time he lets off a nade.

Besides the stance and fire rate indicator wouldnt be in his visor view, they are there just cause we need an icon indicator for those things int he abscence of a real world view.

I'm missing those details you talk about, will watch it over and over again. Yeah, don't like it either, the dancing part.

Cheers

Edited by M95-Sniper