Article about an "occupied" Iraqi town.

Yodasplat

*nods*

Unfortunately, a dictatorial regime does not allow dissenting viewpoints, so the fury at their situation is channelled by the government towards someone else. In this case, the "evil Americans."

That's not to say they don't have potentially legitimate reasons for disliking American foreign policy, but at the moment, the relative scale is they hate Americans less than they do Saddam, and since the Americans are getting rid of Saddam, to hell with resentment-protocol, let's wave to the damned Yankees. :P

I don't think they will care ... or listen.

IMHO, they are arguing not against war, but really against Bush. I have also seen suggestions that some protestors here in the US are acting in some lawless manners. Maybe just a bunch of college kids that want an excuse to go and stand in the street and yell? <_<

C

I don't think they will care ... or listen.

IMHO, they are arguing not against war, but really against Bush. I have also seen suggestions that some protestors here in the US are acting in some lawless manners. Maybe just a bunch of college kids that want an excuse to go and stand in the street and yell? <_<

C

My wife said something about protesters in Paris blocking the American embassy, and then trashing a McDonalds's restaurant. How ironic, I thought, that they're so opposed to war and violence, but then they would turn around and commit violence against a business establishment.

:huh:

Nice point, Para. In quite a few of these protests, there are some individuals who are compleate hypocrits in this respect. I saw footage from San Fran,CA yesterday of these hippies blocking roads/traffic, causing damage/defacing property, and all kinds of stuff worthy of a good beating, or jail.. which ever you prefer. I also saw footage of all these people screaming "We don't want this Racist war", I think that sentance alone speaks for the ignorant persons who spoke it, enough where it deem not worthy of a retort.

Maybe just a bunch of college kids that want an excuse to go and stand in the street and yell?

I'm trying to refrain from saying "well duh!"... could sound harsh. ;)

Anyway, it's obvious that this is the reason. Uninformed, impressionable kids are easily manipulated by politicians or other extremist groups. On one level, this is the way the world works - everyone has to use these techniques in order to maintain support for their cause in the future. Non-extremist political parties do it but unfortunately so do the whackos.

Catholic/Protestant clashes in Northern Ireland; Iraeli/Palestine rock-throwing-fests; and now these anti-war protests (throughout Britain at least) are all examples of manipulated yobs just trying to cause trouble.

Well I think this should be pushed out because to me I think it will shut some of those mouths of the protestors.

From a post by Hot Pants over at the platoon.

Platoon Forums

Peace Protestor Getting Dish Ragged by a Pro War Iraqi

EDIT: Fehyd , Think your sig is a little big bro? (961534 bytes)

Edited by MEAN_MOFOKA-GT