Mod Announcement - ARVN

Rebar

ARVN_SS.jpg

This mod is an add-on for "Year of the Monkey" Vietnam mod. It adds various options for multiplayer. ARVN stands for "Army of the Republic of Vietnam", the South Vietnamese ground forces, but includes the other allied nations South Korea and the Australia/New Zealand Corps (ANZAC).

Contents:

ARVN (South Vietnamese) Ranger and Marine sets

ROK (Republic of Korea - South Korea) Marine set.

ANZAC (Australian/New Zealand) set.

M1 Garand, M2 Carbine, M1903a4 Sniper, type 63 mortar, L1A1 weapons added.

Several new MP COOP missions added

Changes the default AI enemy to NVA regulars.

Adds the M48 tank to allied sets.

Adds six "OPFOR" ie Opposing Force, mods, so the AI enemy can be changed.

The mod is about 90% complete. I expect it to be ready by next weekend.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is something that you thought should have been in YotM, or something you'd like to see, now's the time to speak up. It will be considered, if I agree and I have the time I'll put it in.

Ya, make a CHR of a US boat crew officer with a big jaw. Then, during the river insertion cinematic, he comes up to you and says, "Hey, wanna see my 3 Purple Hearts?"

liberal_weiner.jpg

Do-able? :)

If there is something that you thought should have been in YotM, or something you'd like to see, now's the time to speak up. It will be considered, if I agree and I have the time I'll put it in.

Ya, make a CHR of a US boat crew officer with a big jaw. Then, during the river insertion cinematic, he comes up to you and says, "Hey, wanna see my 3 Purple Hearts?"

liberal_weiner.jpg

Do-able? :)

LMAO :rofl::rofl::rofl:

NV only available on special weapons in zoomed mode

Not possible. NV is an all-or-nothing option in GR.

is it possible to make a really crappy NVG then?(for the game)

in one of jack57's mods he had some NVG that was really bad.

IDK, the maps just seem extreamly dark with out it,(probably the way it was but...)

- Please make the co-op missions able to run with 3 teams of 9. (most important)

- If possible, please add some custom iron sites to the guns. Maybe with permission, you can use some DTD iron sites?

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

is it possible to make a really crappy NVG then?(for the game)

That would mean the VC and NVA would have it, and they had no NV capabilities. The answer has to be no.

Please make the co-op missions able to run with 3 teams of 9.

That sounds reasonable. How would that work, is there a specific way of making that work?

The following is a quote from Buehgler (Alpha Squad member). The quote is from the UBI forum. It was a response to some questions about GR:AW.

just to clarify the technical issue.. The Alpha Squad mod includes a number of game types that allow more than 9 co-op players, and also includes a number of missions that support more than 9 players in co-op. Basically this is achieved by fooling the game engine into thinking the game is a TvT game, but structuring things so that what happens is actually a co-op. Sadly, it requires a fair bit of work on a mission by mission basis to convert something from 9 to 27 player co-op support, but it can be done.

I guess you could ask for some technical help and details from Alpha Squad. I'm going to look around for some answers. In the meabtime, you could download the Alpha Squad 2.5 mod and look at the scripting for their co-op missions.

Alpha Mod v2.5:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/files/pafiledb.p...tion=file&id=94

silent_op

I posted this on the Alpha Squad Forum. I hope someone there responds...

- How do you set up co-op missions to run 3 teams of 9

- How do I set the teams to insert in the same zone?

In IGOR I do this:

-Mission Properties

-Supported Modes

-check boxes "Multiplayer COOP" and "Multiplayer Team"

It seems to work...I have to edit server and set Team, Veteran, and Mission. Then I have to set the teams up to be 3 blue and 1 red. All players go on blue teams. The problem with this approach is that the teams end up all scattered on the map.

Rebar, I think the problem with my approach is that the insert zones have to be set for each team. However I'm sure someone here may be able to respond to this.

I guess I always played co-op missions with more than 9 players. I just never understood that it was a modder "crack" on the GR engine (via IGOR). I was shocked to find out that GR really only came with 9 player co-op only (after 4+ years of playing)?!?!

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

Since I posted this question on the Alpha Squad forum today, Tim Leary and Creatch_AS responded...

(Tim Leary)

Because you are enabling multiple teams, you should also enable one of the four base zones as your sp/coop base (there is a check box for this).  I drag  the zones base 0, base 1 and base 2 to be near each other leaving base zone 3 out there as it is the red team (4th).    I'm not replying from a PC right now but I think I also check the regular insertion check box.  but you DO have to select the sp/coop base checkbox on one of the base zones.

(Creatch_AS )

You got it man,  .

Thats just how you do it.  Just make sure you have at least 2 sp/coop zones as well as your regular insertion zone and put them all in the same area. So you will have the regular insertion zone, and then 2 other sp/coop zones and all 3 teams will insert in the same area as long as you put them in the same area. Or you can split them up a bit to make it a bit more interesting.

I hope this is useful to you Rebar. I'm not a modder or scriptor, so this does not seem all that clear to me. I'm going to play around with IGOR later and see if I can do what Tim and Creatch have posted for me.

silent_op

The Alpha discussion of this issue can be found at http://alpha.websmart.ro/forums/index.php/topic,1957.0.html

Tim Leary has done a fair bit of this sort of scripting, and he has some cautionary notes in addition to mine about the complexity/cost of doing this for more complicated missions.

If you do not want to read all the details there, just be aware that there is in general much more to doing this correctly than just "getting the insert to not screw up."

The Alpha discussion of this issue can be found at http://alpha.websmart.ro/forums/index.php/topic,1957.0.html

Tim Leary has done a fair bit of this sort of scripting, and he has some cautionary notes in addition to mine about the complexity/cost of doing this for more complicated missions.

If you do not want to read all the details there, just be aware that there is in general much more to doing this correctly than just "getting the insert to not screw up."

You're not kidding. I just moved the bases around for the Phoenix Rising mission. I got everyone to insert. There were just a few issues. All of the VC were active (that was actually better than the original). The SEAL Operative Shot us all after he gave us our info (that was funny). All other teams except for first platoon can shoot civilians without the mission ending. The objectives were still set to the actions of the first platoon.

Since I'm not a scriptor, I guess Rebar can work this better than I did.

silent_op

Edited by silent_op