Secondary Weapons in GRAW - Will the AI use them?

Does anyone know when / if an AI character will decide to use a secondary weapon over a primary?

For instance... If an AI character is equiped with a sniper rifle or other long weapon and finds him/her-self in tight quarters will the AI switch to a side arm?

P.S.

Anyone know where I can rent an XBox 360 in or around Tulsa Oklahoma? If so, please PM me.

Does anyone know when / if an AI character will decide to use a secondary weapon over a primary?

For instance... If an AI character is equiped with a sniper rifle or other long weapon and finds him/her-self in tight quarters will the AI switch to a side arm?

More weapon related questions concerning the enemy AI:

-Can the enemy AI use up all of their ammo?

-Do they each have a limited supply of ammo like your Ghost team?

-Can and will they pick up weapons from their fallen members?

silent_op

silent-op, you won´t be able to pick up weapons from the battlefield, just ammo.

I understand this is the case for the Ghost team(s). My questions are about the enemy AI/tangos. I'll live with the GRIN reasoning for not allowing the Ghosts to pick up weapons, but I think the tangos should feel free to take advantage of weapons that we don't "want" to pick up. I'd like to know how the tangos will behave in regards to their own tango weapons.

-Can the enemy AI use up all of their ammo?

-Do they each have a limited supply of ammo like your Ghost team?

-Can and will they pick up weapons from their fallen members?

silent_op

I understand this is the case for the Ghost team(s). My questions are about the enemy AI/tangos. I'll live with the GRIN reasoning for not allowing the Ghosts to pick up weapons, but I think the tangos should feel free to take advantage of weapons that we don't "want" to pick up. I'd like to know how the tangos will behave in regards to their own tango weapons.

My bad, then I misread it, sorry.

In GR1 the enemy AI were able to be detailed to carry one weapon, either a primary or pistol, or just nades or RPG. I do not recall ever seeing enemy AI switch weapons, and I don't think they were given this ability without some modification.

I do seem to recall the friendly snipers switching to pistol while running, but since you could always jump into a friendly AI body and control all weapons, then switching was possible, but the enemies just had whatever was in their hands.

I do remember the grenadiers only tossing nades because that's all they were designated for. It would be fun to see them switch weapons, but that sounds like an awful lot more variables to put into the game.

In GR1 the enemy AI were able to be detailed to carry one weapon, either a primary or pistol, or just nades or RPG. I do not recall ever seeing enemy AI switch weapons, and I don't think they were given this ability without some modification.

I do seem to recall the friendly snipers switching to pistol while running, but since you could always jump into a friendly AI body and control all weapons, then switching was  possible, but the enemies just had whatever was in their hands.

I do remember the grenadiers only tossing nades because that's all they were designated for. It would be fun to see them switch weapons, but that sounds like an awful lot more variables to put into the game.

Yes the grenade tossing by the AI was indeed possible in GR1. I even witnessed a friendly AI soldier takeout 3 soldiers at the same time in the castle mission (at night). That was awesome to see. It was however very very rare to see them toss a nade, I can only recall a handfull of moments where they did, and I have have been playing GR1 for years.

Anyway, I sure hope that the friendly AI in GRAW (pc) will be albe to use their weapons intelligently, nades included. Lets not have another Lockdown : /

- Can the enemy AI use up all of their ammo?

- Do they each have a limited supply of ammo like your Ghost team?

- Can and will they pick up weapons from their fallen members?

- Will the enemy AI tangos be able to run with their weapons down like the Ghosts?

- Will the enemy AI also use smoke grenades?

- Will the FARC fighters use different tactics than the rogue Mexican military soldiers?

silent_op