GRAW media stranglehold

I am curious why you think it should be deleted outright though. It's on topic, wouldn't deletion be censorship and isn't that not what you want to see in a public forum? :flowers:

A -- censorship is an issue when it's a government exercising the censorship, not a private citizen on forums paid for privately.

B -- as far as why it could be deleted outright, look at the sticky on constructive and non-repetitive posting; it's explained there.

Also... you imply Rocky :rocky:  is a jerk, just not a big one.

No, he didn't, Chilly. :) That wasn't his intent. Now don't go making trouble for folk where none exists. ;)

--Logos

I see your point. Wasn't trying to make trouble but I can see how it appears that way to those of you who don't have access to my thoughts.

:thumbsup:

I doubt there will be another GR2 cancellation. Unlike GR2 we actually have PC screenshots and a true PC dedicated development company. If we were only seeing GR:AW 360 screenshots and just receiving talk about the PC GR:AW, then I would be very worried.

With that said anything is still possible. However, since UBI has had "record sales" for GR:AW 360 so far, it would be insane for them not to release the PC GR:AW and bask in the PC GR:AW's (possible) record sales.

My opinion:

The only way the PC GR:AW could be cancelled, would be if GRIN is unable to get their engine/code to work properly. Since Bo comes here to read and post about GRIN's GR:AW progress, I think this particular scenario is unlikely.

silent_op

Agreed. This information blackout can´t be good for the pc version. When I read other forums it's scary how little people actually know about this game. Many say things like "oh, it'll just be another crappy console port" or "it'll be dumbed down like "Letdown".

I mean, it's been ages since a decent tactical shooter saw the light of day, and from reading Bo's posts here, I am confident that GRAW is the game that will fill this void. But, people who don't visit GR.NET also has to become aware of this, the sooner the better.

If this game doesn't do well, UBI really only have themselves to blame.

Oh, and hi btw. I've been lurking around here for a while. :hi:

Of all the conspiracy theories I've heard the MS-XB360 one seems the least credible. I think the one where UBI needs content for E3 is more believable. IMHO

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what's going on. When GRAW is released somewhere around late March, there will still be no information about it untill May 10 when E3 starts.......

Edit: Or has GRAW been delayed again? :ph34r:

Edited by Zaxis

Hi griz,

I respect your right to have an opinion on this thread.  :thumbsup:

I am curious why you think it should be deleted outright though. It's on topic, wouldn't deletion be censorship and isn't that not what you want to see in a public forum? :flowers:

Also... you imply Rocky :rocky:  is a jerk, just not a big one. That's not very nice.  :nono:

It isn't censorship as much as cleaning house but that's my opinion. I wasn't implying anything about Rocky - if I thought he was a jerk I would've said so. I see why Sup uses sarcasm disclaimers now :bday:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what's going on. When GRAW is released somewhere around late March, there will still be no information about it untill May 10 when E3 starts.......

Edit: Or has GRAW been delayed again?  :ph34r:

Yep, somewhere May 2006. No exact date given (yet) :D:whistle: Edited by Toniezz

Considering how much time was put into the 360 version, I just think the resources were all tied up. GRAW PC may simply have been put on the back burner. Not completely shut off, but slowly simmering. With the 360 version out now, I'm sure PC progress will now move at a pace that is much faster than before.

With the 360 version out now, I'm sure PC progress will now move at a pace that is much faster than before.

Completely different developers. 360 work has not been delaying PC work.

--Logos

I know that is what is constantly being said, but I question to what degree that it is true. I'm not saying that the PC version is or will be a port, nor identical to the 360 version in anyway, however, I think to whatever degree it may be, there may be SOME measure of resources being limited by the production of the 360 version.

Yep, somewhere May 2006. No exact date given (yet)  :D  :whistle:

D'oh! [understatement]That ain't good.[/understatement]

:huh: offcourse I meant "no exact day given. In your post you stated the release date of "end March", so I was under the impression that you didn't know about the 'new' delay of May (which you also said in your post'). Now I assume you were being sarcastic. :unsure:

My mistake... :sheep:

Yep, somewhere May 2006. No exact date given (yet)  :D  :whistle:

D'oh! [understatement]That ain't good.[/understatement]

:huh: offcourse I meant "no exact day given. In your post you stated the release date of "end March", so I was under the impression that you didn't know about the 'new' delay of May (which you also said in your post'). Now I assume you were being sarcastic. :unsure:

My mistake... :sheep:

Now you got me confused too! :rofl: Nope, didn't know about the new delay... D'oh as in "damn, that ruined my joke", and [understatement]That ain't good.[/understatement] as in "Waaaaa!!! Ohgod why do they continue delaying this bound-to-be great game???". There. :thumbsup:

You know you've got a language issue when you need to make your own subtitles. :lol: