real world effect of a bullet on a body

Looked like he was aming for the family jewels in that second shot. There was some danger of it sliding down the vest and getting him in the nuts, knee or foot.

Yeah the 'third' shot was a bit wide.

He he maybe these days just spend every weekend shooting each other. If that was a fetish what would it be called? . . . Homocidophillia?

Actually for the kind of money that Second Chance is paying that guy, the Darwin Award is the last thing he ought to be getting.

They make some of the best Body Armor in the world.

And what he was saying a bout the physics is right on the money.

Laws of physics: Any action produces an equal and opposite re-action.

Those guys make darn good money. Darwin Award? I don't think so.

In both 7.62mm shots it seems like he shot the vest at an angle, and not directly at it. I assume so that the projectile has to travel thru more layers of the vest and to reduce the risks even further. I agree the 2nd (7.62mm) shot was very much on the side, but I think, due to the angle, even if it was even further to the right he would have just missed the guy. Maybe I´m wrong, the video was tiny and highly compressed.

If I'm not mistaken, and HF would know more about this than I would, each hit a vest takes weakens it it in that particular spot, and I'm not sure how much of the immediate surrounding area of the hit is weakend. Perhaps he just wanted to make sure he wasn't too close to the weekend area, to prevent a mishap.

Again, I'm not sure, but I know that this used to be the case, that once the vest took a hit, it wasn't really reliable anymore if it took a hit in the same immediate area.

I haven't kept up with recent body armor advancements, but this makes sense.

Actually for the kind of money that Second Chance is paying that guy, the Darwin Award is the last thing he ought to be getting.

Laws of physics:  Any action produces an equal and opposite re-action.

Those guys make darn good money.  Darwin Award?  I don't think so.

Oh you give me a chuckle. One of these days when your grandkids look you in the eye you will realize money isn't everything - life is everything. And about money - you can't take it with you.

Oh you give me a chuckle. One of these days when your grandkids look you in the eye you will realize money isn't everything - life is everything. And about money - you can't take it with you.

meh, life, money. life sucks without money.

I know that better than anyone, believe me. As k around.

But, some people just get their jollies making money doing that kind of thing.

Whatever floats their boat.

Although you would never catch me doing it. I like being on the other end of the gun.

I have been on the wrong end once or twice, and it did nothing for me but scare the ###### out of me. Not to say it didn't get dealt with, but not my thing at all, even if I know the guy pointing at me.

I wonder if he aimed to the side just in case it did penetrate. I didn't referance an anotomical chart but I think that if the bullet went in around that area nothing major would be damaged.

Of course, he could have been aiming for center mass and the guy was weaving becasue he was on 1 foot so it ended up on the side. He does kind of take a long look like he is thinking "OH S H I T he moved!!!"