Woah woah what the hell just happened !? *SPOILER*

Diab

Okay sorry about the elaborate title but I just jumped on and started to continue my campaign and I'm at the very last part and I have been killed several times here so I know it's difficult (Hard level) but the strangest thing just happened and I don't knhow if it's supposed to or if it's a very strange bug/glitch.

I'm at the section where you run upto the Plaza to take on Carlos and his soldier elite and like several times before I have run up and scoped the area trying to find the best place to take out all the machine gunners and also to be able to watch my flanks but on this time I decided to check the other side out. Now here's the strange part, I was killed in the previous try because my contoller just wouldn't do anything to move my ghost but the controller's fine as I could Pause, tactical map, switch weapons, order my team etc.... Anyway an enemy ran upto me and just took me out.

So I retry but this time go down the right side, order my team to hold behind cover, scope the building, same enemies everywhere but I go back without firing a shot into the middle section. I then hear a load of the "Mexicana" language being said and again without a single bullet being fired by me or the enemy Carlos died !! I heard an explosion, saw the small movie play and he was dead !! WTH !!? I paused it right after this before it saved as I want to kill him not some bug/glitch, anyone else had this ?

DAMN it just gave the achievement as I reloaded my Last save which is funnily enough where I have started from numerous times heading towards the Plaza so how could I have killed al his soldiers, killed him, located the football without firing a single shot at anyone in the Plaza.

http://live.xbox.com/en-GB/profile/profile...=newage+custard

Edited by Diab

I had a similar experience.  I was looking at the map behind cover trying to figure out how to assault the building, and pop Carlos dies.  I think my AI rocketman took him out, but who knows for sure.

I know that's not it as my Rocketman died, all I have is 2 gunners plus they were ordered to stay behind cover and were showing as "Holding position". Plus no shot had been fired so they weren't in Assault mode either.

I just repeated this and caught it on video, anyone want to see this ?

....or is this meant to happen ? Cause it seems a major strange way to go seeing as what he's done and how you really want to get him and kick his ass.

Edited by Diab

didnt happen to me on normal. maybe when i get there on hard it might...

I think i Know. Carlos has a rocket launcher. So maybe when he was trying to shoot you he accidently shot the wall or ground below or around him. Killing him sorta like your AI does some times like idiots. Thats what I think.

Did anyone ever notice when you try to pick up a downed freindly Ai's rocket launcher that it doesn't show up when he picks it up. It is invisible and it shoots bullets that hurt no one. GLITCH. Still a cool game.

Really? I had to shoot him myself on hard, though I can't quite say for sure. Well, I'll finish downloading the movie and then I'll put my thoughts on what I think happened.

Edit: It's just as ghost627 says, Carlos shot himself with a rocket launcher. -sighs-. What a dumbass.

Edited by Avalon Drew

Are you sure it is not just a scripted death and he will die at a certain point regardless of what happens?

I thought my anti-tank gunner had taken him out with a rocket, but after reading some of these posts it almost sounds scripted like he will die regardless of what you or any AI do.

Are you sure it is not just a scripted death and he will die at a certain point regardless of what happens?

I thought my anti-tank gunner had taken him out with a rocket, but after reading some of these posts it almost sounds scripted like he will die regardless of what you or any AI do.

you have to shoot or your freinds. But if he just falls he must have killed himself on accident . A glitch.

Well, now i am done with the game on hard and normal, and he dies the same way both times. He kinda dies out of nowhere. I found something interesting though........After he takes over the chopper, there is a point where that chopper is in front of you, so i ordered my anti tank guy to take it down, and he did. But i guess it is all scripted so it didnt matter.

I was shooting all the guys out of the building there in the end, but both times it had a rocket sound and then he dies. I duno, just glad i am done on both difficulties.

I did manage to pick him off the last time. He shows up a little after you start engaging enemies in the building where the football is up on the roof.

No boom the last time I took him. Maybe I'll just sit tight and see if it just happens next time.

He DOES blow himself up with a rocket launcher. I left my guys at the back of the plaza, and just sat in the middle of the plaza looking at him through a scope, and he shot, what I assume, was towards me, and it hit the top of the embassy about three feet in front of him.

Maybe it's a scripted event, but one can't say. Nonetheless, it seems kind of silly for Ubi to overlook something like that in the final moments of the game.