downloadable content

sleepy m0nkey

well, as far as talking about downloadable content a week after the launch......

ah why not? The suggestions I have would be as follows, not in any relative order of importance:

1. compass

2. ability to "see your stats"(points towards achievements, ranking, etc...)

3. being able to switch the "zoom" and "stance" toggles from right to left

4. keep a ranked room open (although i've already seen this done, supposedly you set the auto start timer to like 5 min. or something)

5. one idea I had, when the ID is set to "friendly" and not when it is off, when you switch your cross com view between players it would "highlight" their diamond on the map for a sec or two.

not to mention:

6. claymores

7. and for me a silent sniper

We all know downloads are coming, who knows when they will be so enjoy the great game they have given us for a while.

well, as far as talking about downloadable content a week after the launch......

ah why not? The suggestions I have would be as follows, not in any relative order of importance:

1. compass

2. ability to "see your stats"(points towards achievements, ranking, etc...)

3. being able to switch the "zoom" and "stance" toggles from right to left

4. keep a ranked room open (although i've already seen this done, supposedly you set the auto start timer to like 5 min. or something)

5. one idea I had, when the ID is set to "friendly" and not when it is off, when you switch your cross com view between players it would "highlight" their diamond on the map for a sec or two.

not to mention:

6. claymores

7. and for me a silent sniper

We all know downloads are coming, who knows when they will be so enjoy the great game they have given us for a while.

I'm mainly interested for download content for the campaign mode:

extra weapons

shifting the scope from the click stick to the left mouse trigger.

Cheers

The only thing that they could add to the single player game would be new campaign levels and new weapons. As far as I know, with my experience at creating games, changing the HUD would be too time-intensive and may not be possible at all. New controls are also extremely hard to implement.

But the stats and new weapons (including claymore), should be a cakewalk for Ubi.

I'd like to have the 1911 as an option. That and the Mk 23 (although you need to have big hands to operate that ######).

While we're at it, how 'bout some extra weapons in general for all classes? There are plenty of weapon variants that would be a welcome addition . . . but the gunner is limited (Mk 46 please) to 3 weapons and the grenadiers are red dot handicapped in some of the more flexible weapons like the SCAR variants.

But if I had to choose between more weapons and more missions, I'd go with more missions. That and maybe a way to blow up weapons caches with C4 instead of haphazardly chunking hand grenades at them.

Great job on the game devs. Thank you. Now if I were king for a day...

-Please make giving us more MP missions a priority.

-Please make the maps in MP larger, more along the lines of Fuel Depot, Railway, Peaks, Mountain Base, Missle Site.

-Now this one will cause some moans, I know folks don't like the spawning AI, but please make Firefights more like they were in GR2. Particlarly on Fuel Depot, Railway, Ambush, Peaks, Pilot Down, to name a few.

1. More multiplayer maps

2. Ability to zoom (scope mode) from "tight aim" mode. If you think about it, the current set-up doesn't make much sense. You can't go transition to the scope once the weapon is already shouldered? You have to un-shoulder the weapon to view through the scope. I hope I explained that properly...it is kind of annoying.

MORE MAPS, please!

Ghost Recon; 25 maps.

Island Thunder; 29 maps(25, if you don't count the 4 fan favorites).

Ghost Recon 2; 31 maps.

Summit Strike; 26 maps(17, if you don't count the 4 fan favorites and the 5 downloadable maps also available for GR2).

The original PC version had 22 maps, and 2 expansions - each with 13 maps.

GRAW; 10 maps(so far).

I really hope we see AT LEAST 10 more.

Also, If past experience is anything to go by, I would expect there to be an expansion to GRAW. But, instead of a stand-alone expansion, I'd really like to see an ACTUAL expansion that is compatable with GRAW and downloadable from the marketplace. It's nice to have all of your favorite maps in one place.

What would you all think of the idea of releasing a co-op mission every week or two for like a one or two month period, as opposed to one DLC with 4 new missions?

I am just wondering if with Marketplace, it might be better to put out a little at a time and spread out the content, rather than waiting for 5 new maps to be done and sending out one big DLC. I kind of thought that is what MS had invisioned Marketplace to be.

I know very little about game development, so it would be interesting to know what the time frame is for map development is and how it works. Is it easier to develop 5 maps all at once, like an assembly line process, or is it better to work on one, get it done then move to the next, like a hand crafted item?

It would also be interesting to know if RSE already has maps in the works and how far along they are. Maybe in development they were, say, 70% complete with 10 more maps but had to focus on getting these 10 ready for launch. Who knows? All I am saying is that it would be interesting to understand the process and where RSE is in the process.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Edited by Cons72

1. More multiplayer maps

2. Ability to zoom (scope mode) from "tight aim" mode.  If you think about it, the current set-up doesn't make much sense.  You can't go transition to the scope once the weapon is already shouldered?  You have to un-shoulder the weapon to view through the scope.  I hope I explained that properly...it is kind of annoying.

agree 100%. Not sure what the devs were thinking here.

What would you all think of the idea of releasing a co-op mission every week or two for like a one or two month period, as opposed to one DLC with 4 new missions? 

I am just wondering if with Marketplace, it might be better to put out a little at a time and spread out the content, rather than waiting for 5 new maps to be done and sending out one big DLC.  I kind of thought that is what MS had invisioned Marketplace to be.

I know very little about game development, so it would be interesting to know what the time frame is for map development is and how it works.  Is it easier to develop 5 maps all at once, like an assembly line process, or is it better to work on one, get it done then move to the next, like a hand crafted item?

It would also be interesting to know if RSE already has maps in the works and how far along they are.  Maybe in development they were, say, 70% complete with 10 more maps but had to focus on getting these 10 ready for launch.  Who knows?  All I am saying is that it would be interesting to understand the process and where RSE is in the process.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

It's better to have all of the talent focused on one task than spread thin over multiple tasks. I speak from experience here.

The forum color scheme fits perfect for the occaision, doesn't it? ;)

I am just wondering if with Marketplace, it might be better to put out a little at a time and spread out the content, rather than waiting for 5 new maps to be done and sending out one big DLC.  I kind of thought that is what MS had invisioned Marketplace to be.

I know very little about game development, so it would be interesting to know what the time frame is for map development is and how it works.  Is it easier to develop 5 maps all at once, like an assembly line process, or is it better to work on one, get it done then move to the next, like a hand crafted item?

It would also be interesting to know if RSE already has maps in the works and how far along they are.  Maybe in development they were, say, 70% complete with 10 more maps but had to focus on getting these 10 ready for launch.  Who knows?  All I am saying is that it would be interesting to understand the process and where RSE is in the process.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

It's better to have all of the talent focused on one task than spread thin over multiple tasks. I speak from experience here.

The forum color scheme fits perfect for the occaision, doesn't it? ;)

Thanks for the feedback. :)