Concerned

i just want to add another pointless post to another pointless thread before it gets locked. i don't usually get one in before they get closed/locked, but looky here! i got three in!  <_<

:rofl: +1 for me... :rofl:

lol +1 for me, quick everyone before the devs realize whats goin on!!!

Too busy enjoying my beer. :thumbsup:

-John

Here they come :rofl:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Tink here's a rope to get out of that hole you've dug.....I think you best take a back seat on this one and admit defeat!.....

Hey guys go easy on the man, words like retarded have no place in here, thats just sick and offensive to people who have disabled relatives and friends.

I think in his overzealous manner he's probably just trying to say he sees GR as a PC game originally and prefers it to stay that way.

He just went a little overboard on that one. Tink.......I dont think you can say people who enjoy console formats aren't die hard mate, thats a sweeping comment, but I do agree GR has its roots in the PC format.

Oh ....and you really should know who Rocky is by the way.....he's in the big office on the top floor, it reads "the big yin" on the office door.

Personally I don't care how you enjoy GR, as long as you enjoy it! Just give us our PC release UBI... :ph34r:

I personally love the idea of consoles but hate the execution of them. Just like i loved the movie Aliens but hated A3,4 & AVP.

I don't think it mattes though that the two co exist. The market for games has become so huge that it can supporut multiple camps. I don't care what the console world does or what promos or competitions they have. I only care when that worl impacts the PC world such as delaying dev on PC games. In the case of HALO or a few other pre Xbox1 games they switch development to the console. Or worse of all . . . . PC games start to take on characteristics of console games.

Apart from that they can have their world and the PC world can do t things its way.

Funny, the very same situaltion existed in 1988 when the Amiga and Atari ST game computers were out and the other camp was the Mega drive/Genesis console.

While I may not 100% agree entirely with what Tink wrote, which may have been too general and not specific enough, I really hate how he's been treated here.

Tink never attacked anyone personally, but once a moderator went off on him, others started piling-on like a pack of rabid dogs.

Shame on you guys, you're better than this.

Agreed Connie.

People need to think about what they are saying before they mutter it out on a forum for all to see.

Like Stormcorw said, people might have family or friends that have a severe disability, like the one you suggested for Tink. And he is new and the big gr.net welcome wasn't aparant at all on this thread.

For pity's sake, he could be only 13 or something and you're all going off at him because he does or doesn't think people are hard core enough!? Does it even matter?!

Im not bashing consoles. I have a PS2 and play some raceing games on it. However, I hate people saying they are diehard PC gamers but they love the console just as much or more. It just doesnt work that way. whats so hard to understand about this?

Oh boy... I am a die hard German Beer lover and love to have a hearty German beer, but also enjoy a good American brewed Coors Light as well..... It's all just beer, enjoy it all.

It's all just games... enjoy them all. :thumbsup:

-John

Well I agree in that, everybody can be whoever he likes to be. I for instance are modest and won't state that I am a hardcore beer lover. I know a lot of different beers and like especcially the Belgium ones. Some beers I really dislike, in which some of them I even think you better not drink at all. Still a lot of friends of mine like these beers. They love them for their simplicity, they are still my friends. Sometimes I joke with them that they have no taste and vice versa. But hey, who says my taste is better than theirs?

Bottom line is, who are we to judge someone? Who are we to put people into boxes? I sometimes eat candy (liquorice, had to look that one up ;) ) which is sweet and salty at the same time. I don't know what I like best. The sweet or the salt. Oh, I like sour candy also :yes: Why don't we respect each others choices and ideas without putting them in boxes. I also get tired of console vs. pc topics, which start off like that or are turned into by people who fall over little misspronounciations and unfortunate choices of words. These things happen on International websites/forums. Please give each other some slack. Well, I usually keep away from them but this time I had to answer because of the above quote :thumbsup: . Coors light.... I think I had that one before.... isn't that a very light beer? (below 3 percent alcohol?) ok :offtopic:

Respect!

Toniezz.

Ps. Did you really not know who Rocky was? :blink::whistle: ouch!

*edit, please give me some slack on spelling and grammar ;)

Edited by Toniezz

I'm still chuckling at Iggy's first reply :D

Well on that note, Wellcome to GR net Tinks, There a good bunch here & as long as your not trying to make enemy's you get on fine. The PC v Console thing has been done to death a millioin times

Any how the bottom line is we love gaming & we're passionate about GR.

So I might see you on the battlefield when GRAW PC is finally released. :thumbsup:

I'm at work here in the empty office early in the morning. I'm not fully awake yet either. Lemme go get some tea or something and later I'll be fully awake. -_-

Then I'll read through this thread.

But in the meantime I can say that Tink has a point. BF2 and the like has its place but it is disturbing that some think the console version of this game GRAW and the pc one are interchangeable. If it is then GRIN has failed in its goal for their project.

Oh by the way, hey foxtrot wut up? :P

Can this thread topic be changed to :

"Yawn".

I welcome the fact that the line is thinner with GRAW and 360 with PC as I posted in another thread the questions being asked for the game is more tactical. So, in my mind that says more tactical play we shall have via PC and consolers will get PC version due to that fact thus both can live in the same world.

Rather than give it a them & us look at it, just make sure we get feedback to GRIN and get this game rocking AND get people aware of its existence to sell the thing to keep things going.

If people are that worried about the PC losing that edge, learn to code / design / programme and invest in more talent for PC to make our own.

The old "Your with with us or against us" type of angle for "your not hardcore" is playground talk. Your free to choose what you like without question, even if it does niggle you. Just as much as your free to voice your opinion here, but after a while (and its been since the whole GR2 thing) the console V PC even I am bored with, and I was of the same thinking some time back. Lets face it the 360 is packing some heat and brings the level up some and if its good its good.

I havent ran out to purchase one as I am not that into it and like the PC platform, bit like me not wanted to purchase a desktop DVD player when I want one on my PC. I do like what I see on the 360 and those who are enjoying it go for it!

Welcome to the forum Tink.

I find the statement that ALL console gamers want ONLY run and gun games disturbing.

I don't think this is true at all. Look at the UBI console forum for GR. There were a good number of people that wanted GRAW to mirror the PC version. There are also a good number of console gamers there that happen to enjoy OFP, and they wanted some of the elements of gameplay that OFP offered.

I have an Xbox myself, but the main reason is because I am on a PC 8 hours a day, and when I am home the last thing I want to do is hop on another PC. I prefer an easy chair and sitting in front of a big screen.

Having said that, the PC games are "better" than the console games IMO.

My real wish is that some devs would make some console games that would be just as "sophisticated" as PC games. I hated how the RB6 series was dumbed down for the Xbox. Raven Shield absolutely rocked on the PC, but the series did a quick nosedive on the Xbox.

Don't take that the wrong way. The RB6 series still played well on the Xbox, but just not in the same way as it does on the PC. It was a matter of style, not framerates and graphics.

I really wish I could game soley on a console, but until some devs finally see that there are people like me that WOULD solely game on a console if they COULD, there will always be a divide between console games and PC games.

1.  I have seen countless "Diehard PC" players saying they love the console version of a particular game as much as or more so than the PC version.  Possibly staying with the console. If this is the case, then IMO you are not a Diehard PC player.  We play the PC version for a reason. If I must explain why then consider yourself NOT a diehard PC player.

This is a little silly. People who prefer PC games prefer them because of elements in the games themselves or in interfacing with the games that are most often more to their tastes on PC's than on console games.

If a particular console game presents those elements beautifully, should a PC gamer NOT play/enjoy that game because of fealty to a platform? If you're answer is NO, that person should remain loyal to the PC hardware, that's not "diehard" as much as it is blind fanaticism. :wacko:

In fact, most of us have been making fun of the Apple people for that sort of blind fanaticism for years. ;)

--Logos

In fact, most of us have been making fun of the Apple people for that sort of blind fanaticism for years. 

--Logos

LOL :rofl:

- yeh, just to change the record Rocky should open an "apple mac" forum section, that would realy bring the level down!

1.  I have seen countless "Diehard PC" players saying they love the console version of a particular game as much as or more so than the PC version.  Possibly staying with the console. If this is the case, then IMO you are not a Diehard PC player.  We play the PC version for a reason. If I must explain why then consider yourself NOT a diehard PC player.

This is a little silly. People who prefer PC games prefer them because of elements in the games themselves or in interfacing with the games that are most often more to their tastes on PC's than on console games.

If a particular console game presents those elements beautifully, should a PC gamer NOT play/enjoy that game because of fealty to a platform? If you're answer is NO, that person should remain loyal to the PC hardware, that's not "diehard" as much as it is blind fanaticism. :wacko:

In fact, most of us have been making fun of the Apple people for that sort of blind fanaticism for years. ;)

--Logos

I am amazed it took 3 pages for someone to finally see the point I was trying to make.

However, I never said a PC gamer should NEVER play a console game. People keep takeing my words out of context. What I said was I am tired of people saying they are "dedicated PC gamers" (their words not mine) but in the same breath say they like the console more. Maybe in my origional post I didnt make that clear and I am sorry for that, but You cant have 2 favorites. It just doesnt work that way. I have a console and play some games on it. Some are better on it then on PC. I admit that. But in the end I am a dedicated PC gamer. If I had to choose between the two it would be PC. Thats the point I am trying to make.

As for the beer comparisons, you can not compare beer to beer. Thats like compareing 2 PC games. You would have to compare beer and moon shine. However we are not compareing beer to beer or beer to moonshine or even PC to console. I am talking about the users of the system, not the system itself.

To jchung....can you show me a quote where ANYONE sais that all console gamers want only run-and-gun games?

Finally, I see many of you saying that people have a right to their opinion and we shouldnt bash them for having one. Have you read what you typed to me? I said in my origional post that it was just my opinion. Practice what you preach or dont preach at all.

Have you read what you typed to me? I said in my origional post that it was just my opinion. Practice what you preach or dont preach at all.

Ah its one of them endless threads where the original poster cant grasp the fact it was probably best not to open it in the first place - even though his point we all feel to some extent (IE: apart from GRAW loosly linked its just a thread about personal taste and probably shouldnt be in this section and under "off topic" thus we have a point to our opinion purely on that basis & will never ever end because its a subject that has no conclusion), then everyone else explains this, but thats then read wrong ... etc etc etc.

I smell a shiny metal thing that keys go into.

What I said was I am tired of people saying they are "dedicated PC gamers" (their words not mine)  but in the same breath say they like the console more.

I have a console and play some games on it. Some are better on it then on PC. I admit that.

But in the end I am a dedicated PC gamer. 

sorry if i am taking your words out of context but you do send some mixed messages yourself.

no hard fealings though i am mearly trying illustrate that message forums aren't the best mediium for comunication.

my first post in this thread was an attempt to help you get the information you wanted yet you took it as me trying to fuel your fire.

At the end of the day all we realy have to worry about is ourselves and our own happiness.

Again i would like to state

that if you are concerned about the type of game that GRAW pc is going to be the best source of information is this link Bo's posts

sorry if i offend it is not my intention :)

Edit

I just re- read your original post and it may have been myself who missunderstood

while it has points about PC dedicated gamers and UBis promotions and run and gunning i took your summation to be what you are concerned about

which is the gaming experiance you got/get from RSE's orignial games.

that is why i was trying to direct you to bos informative posts......

Edited by newman

I apologize- my anal retentive behavior towards grammar, punctuation and spelling stems from 10 years of being married to a high school english teacher.

shouldn't "english" be capitalized as you have used it? Just askin' and hey, I'm nobody, but sometimes I double as the internal affairs of the spelling police. When you spelling police get out of line, I'm on your ass....haha

I apologize- my anal retentive behavior towards grammar, punctuation and spelling stems from 10 years of being married to a high school english teacher.

shouldn't "english" be capitalized as you have used it? Just askin' and hey, I'm nobody, but sometimes I double as the internal affairs of the spelling police. When you spelling police get out of line, I'm on your ass....haha

i'm too lazy to capitalize anything. word takes care of all that in my memos and letters.

on another note: this pointless thread= the energizer bunny, STILL GOING........

edit: oooooo page 4

Edited by Iggy.

on another note: this pointless thread= the energizer bunny, STILL GOING........

edit: oooooo page 4

....and going, and going...chap05_energizer_bunny.jpg.w180h245.jpg

...There are no tactics involved.....

You obviously have no clue then.

If you think [for example] Quake 3 players are just hopping around the map grabbing weapons and power-ups so now and then before engaging the enemy you're wrong.

Ghost Recon is by far less "tactical" then most other online games, reasons:

It's slow, maps are big, can't 'rush' one side of the map without taking a lot of risk (1 player can take out a whole team easily if he's in the right position). and ofcourse 1 shot 1 kill

If GRAW has smokegrenades [like CounterStrike or Call of Duty 2] then they have to be HUGE otherwise they are useless. If you have big maps like "Train depot" or something.. what are you going to cover with smoke? (For example in Hamburger Hill mode).

And the bigger the smoke the closer your fps gets to 0,0.

Ok, ofcourse i can't tell if GRAW will be very similar to GR1's 'way of playing' but i think we can assume it's going to be.

^Ofcourse i meant Multiplayer mode^

...There are no tactics involved.....

Ghost Recon is by far less :blink: "tactical" then most other online games, reasons:

It's slow, maps are big, can't 'rush' one side of the map without taking a lot of risk (1 player can take out a whole team easily if he's in the right position). and ofcourse 1 shot 1 kill

I assume you meant: "Ghost Recon is by far more "tactical" then most other online games, reasons:

It's slow, maps are big, can't 'rush' one side of the map without taking a lot of risk (1 player can take out a whole team easily if he's in the right position). and ofcourse 1 shot 1 kill";)

If not, I am confused :blink::hmm:

CS has more teamplay, timing is very important, executing tactics precisely is very important, more skill needed too. More communication. 1on1's can be just as exciting or boring as in GR.

- ^all that in 1:45 rounds instead of 10:00 / 15:00.

The way GR1 was played:

Player A goes to spot X and covers that area (aka camp)

Player B goes to spot Y and covers that are

Player C gives some Grenadelauncher spam to player D can run a bit further then normal because the enemy is delayed on that side of the map.

Player E camps the Hamburger Hill to prevent enemy from taking any points.

Player F has mm1 and is randomly spamming nukes hoping to hit something.

That's like a normal Hamburger Hill tactic, imo the best gamemode GR has for teamplay without respawns. (Because of the objective; aka hamburger hill)

Imo it comes down to 1on1's because the map is so big, ofcourse you can do 1 part of the map (for example left flank) with 2 people but then there might be some spot open where the enemy can sneak through.

Then it's waitingtime: waiting for the enemy to come out because a)they want to take some points in the hamburger hill, or b) because 'my' team has superior positions and it's easier for us to take points when the roundtime is almost over.

Or, waiting till the mm1'er or gl'er gets a kill somewhere. And then quickly forming a group of 2 players to take over that side of the map to 'lockdown' the map so our team can get into the hamburger hill to grab some points.

Back to CS (using CS as example).

First of all in round 1 (round 1 = pistolround) you have limited money so you can buy a decent pistol or a crappy pistol with for example a grenade.

The team that wins the first round gets a lot of money and can buy real weapons in the second round. The losing team has to do 1 or 2 "Eco" rounds in order to save some money (that means 1-2 extra rounds with pistols, versus a team with real weapons).

Back to round 1. The team on offensive can 'fake' a attack towards Bomb B, how is the defense reacting? Move more players to Bomb B? Or wait till they really rush into Bomb B side? Or Pull back at bomb B and regroup and takeover the bombside with the whole team?

You also have smokegrenades to block the view for the defense, so they can't really spot where you are going to attack anyway. Or maybe used as distraction.

Flashbangs, also handy to mess with the a sniper watching a long alley or something.

I can go on about this.. but in the end GR isn't that tactical, it's more realistic and slower. You can't rush the alleys in Embassy when there is someone with GL aimed on it, that's suicide. Basicly because of the big maps it comes down to 1on1's, while in other games you can quickly move players around to make it a 2on2 instead of 1on2

And this doesn't mean it's less fun because i love to play Hamburger Hill with 0 respawns, and i love to play CS because it seems you can never fully learn all things, i love quake3's movement (strafejumping, and cpma), i love the "run 'n gunning" in CoD2 and i love old Unreal Tournament (UT99)

Or can someone explain me why GR is MORE tactical in online play then other games? Because it seems like a lot of people are under impression that all those fast run 'n gun games are for brainless people