Concerned

I am growing more worried every day as I read the posts from people in many different forums. I am a dedicated PC FPS type. I started out playing the origional R6 many years ago. Now with all the hype obout consoles, and the WW2 run and gun shooters, I have become concirned about the future of the games I have come to love playing. Here are a few thoughts.

1. I have seen countless "Diehard PC" players saying they love the console version of a particular game as much as or more so than the PC version. Possibly staying with the console. If this is the case, then IMO you are not a Diehard PC player. We play the PC version for a reason. If I must explain why then consider yourself NOT a diehard PC player.

2. UBISOFT, BestBuy and GGL are already talking of CASH prizes for the game. This leads me to believe that the console version is much more important than the PC. If they wanted to push sales for the PC then they would delay the tourney for a few months.

3. The description on the tuouney page...here...says "run-and-gun through..." Since when is a tactical game "run-and-gun"? I have played run and gun games...AA, BF2, MOH:AA, UT2004...I dont like them. There are no tactics involved.

I want my GR back. I want the 2 hour matches where it comes down to a 1v1 where each player is looking for the perfect position to take the final shot. I want to not be able to sleep at night because the game was so intense that it got my nerves all wound up. And Finally I dont want to hear how a game made for PC is now better on console!! :nono:

Just my rant weather you agree or not.

Tink

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.  I have seen countless "Diehard PC" players saying they love the console version of a particular game as much as or more so than the PC version.  Possibly staying with the console. If this is the case, then IMO you are not a Diehard PC player.  We play the PC version for a reason. If I must explain why then consider yourself NOT a diehard PC player.

I guess you think Rocky is a "sellout" then? He's enjoying the console version, so according to you he, among other people aren't "diehards". Ok whatever. People can have fun however they choose, and you have no right to tell them they aren't "PC diehards".

nice way to answer someone. (iggy)(sarcasm)

I dont think all Console is bad, i play console when im not for realistic super tactical stuff and theres nothing wrong with it besides most of the games arent realistic on console.

Its certainly better when it comes to not having to buy new hardwares 24/7 (But the games are 60$... So thats where the good things about a console stop.)

Edited by Foxtrot23

1.  I have seen countless "Diehard PC" players saying they love the console version of a particular game as much as or more so than the PC version.  Possibly staying with the console. If this is the case, then IMO you are not a Diehard PC player.  We play the PC version for a reason. If I must explain why then consider yourself NOT a diehard PC player.

I guess you think Rocky is a "sellout" then? He's enjoying the console version, so according to you he, among other people aren't "diehards". Ok whatever. People can have fun however they choose, and you have no right to tell them they aren't "PC diehards".

If he is playing to pass the time then fine. If he is playing because he likes the console as much or more then PC then he is not a diehard fan. Simple and easy.

If he is playing to pass the time then fine. If he is playing because he likes the console as much or more then PC then he is not a diehard fan. Simple and easy.

You've lost all your creditbility right there, unless you have no clue who Rocky is, which I doubt.

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but all the nonsense console bashing, and anything not l337 PC gaming bashing, is getting tiring.

You've lost all your creditbility right there, unless you have no clue who Rocky is, which I doubt.

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but all the nonsense console bashing, and anything not l337 PC gaming bashing, is getting tiring.

Im not bashing consoles. I have a PS2 and play some raceing games on it. However, I hate people saying they are diehard PC gamers but they love the console just as much or more. It just doesnt work that way. whats so hard to understand about this?

And no I dont know who Rocky is. It doesnt much matter either. He could be the GOD of all GODs . Dont read things into what I say. Theres no hidden meaning.

Edited by Tink

Im not bashing consoles. I have a PS2 and play some raceing games on it. However, I hate people saying they are diehard PC gamers but they love the console just as much or more. It just doesnt work that way. whats so hard to understand about this?

Oh boy... I am a die hard German Beer lover and love to have a hearty German beer, but also enjoy a good American brewed Coors Light as well..... It's all just beer, enjoy it all.

It's all just games... enjoy them all. :thumbsup:

-John

"Im not bashing consoles. I have a PS2 and play some raceing games on it. However, I hate people saying they are diehard PC gamers but they love the console just as much or more. It just doesnt work that way. whats so hard to understand about this?"

Thanks for sharing Tink. I think your very very wrong in this over blatent assumption. Who said a player can not be "hardcore" in both? A diehard pc gamer doesnt have to be blindly rejecting of being a hard core console gamer, or hand held gamer, or flash gamer, ect. He/she can be as diehard as they want about what ever they want.

But your really not a hard core FPS gamer, you feel you are. You may be a diehard Tacsim FPS player, but there goes reading what we type again.

GR.net is for positive constructive posting, if u cant add anything, just leave, well forget about u in 10 min. so chill out, and be constructive.

plus u obviously dont know rocky, or half of the people here for that matter.

just take a chill pill and relax, dont tell people how they have to act or what they have to like.

"Just my rant wether you agree or not">i found another gramatical error...

Edited by desertranger12

"Im not bashing consoles. I have a PS2 and play some raceing games on it. However, I hate people saying they are diehard PC gamers but they love the console just as much or more. It just doesnt work that way. whats so hard to understand about this?"

Thanks for sharing Tink.  I think your very very wrong in this over blatent assumption.  Who said a player can  not be "hardcore" in both?  A diehard pc gamer doesnt have to be blindly rejecting of being a hard core console gamer, or hand held gamer, or flash gamer, ect.  He/she can be as diehard as they want about what ever they want.

But your really not a hard core FPS gamer, you feel you are.  You may be a diehard Tacsim FPS player, but there goes reading what we type again.

OK so by that reasoning, I can be a Methodist, Baptist, Prespitarian, Catholic, and devil worshiper all at the same time. Yah makes sence to me now. Thanks.

I'm understanding what your saying, but what gives you the right to say someone isn't a diehard because they are having as much fun with a console game as GR1PC? Seriously. Who said you can say Rocky isn't a diehard? Who said you can say HF isn't a diehard? Dannik? CR6? Myself? Do you want me to list more names, because I can. Everyone of us is as diehard as you can get, heck 3 of the people I named are webmasters at primarly PC fansites. We can have as much fun with a console game as we do playing a PC game, that doesn't make us any less diehard than you.

And since you do not know who Rocky is, he's the owner and operator of this very website. GR.net low and behold still runs its own GR1 PC dedicated server, and has its own competitve GR1 PC team, which he and I are active members of. Diehard? Damn straight.

You should take John's advice, and if you don't know who he is look at your GR1 credits. You still have it installed right? ;)

Insanity check.  Read your own post. Your are wrongly assuming platforms are mutually exclusive.  But me posting wont help you.  Your eather lost, or having fun on a boring monday night with some flame bait.

My point got lost in their minds long ago. They just want to bash anything I say now so I figured I would keep fueling the fire. :rofl:

Ok well tink your killing your point by making it PC vs console.

you can play any game you want any way you want.

i have GR2 and summit strike on Xbox and i play slow and methodical

its just the way i like to play.

if your worried about GRAW pc being tactical just search for posts by BoGRIN

and read those.

and read those.

I flat out said I was just talking smack to fuel the fire and you keep giveing me reason too?

and read those.

I flat out said I was just talking smack to fuel the fire and you keep giveing me reason too?

then shut up! :stupid: how much more retarted can you get?

and read those.

then shut up! :stupid: how much more retarted can you get?

FUEL!!!

i just want to add another pointless post to another pointless thread before it gets locked. i don't usually get one in before they get closed/locked, but looky here! i got three in!  <_<

:rofl: +1 for me... :rofl:

lol +1 for me, quick everyone before the devs realize whats goin on!!!

Too busy enjoying my beer. :thumbsup:

-John