Questions, questions, questions....

BigOlBrain

I haven’t had this much fun in a long time.

I played GRAW every chance I got this weekend and what a blast I had. “Blast”….get it? :huh:

Anyway, I really think this might be the best multiplayer game I have ever played. The only game I think has ever been this good was the original GR and Rainbow 6 Raven Shield on PC. Everything is just so right on I can’t even think of anything I would want to change.

So anyway I just had to say that. RSE did such a fantastic job on this and I just wanted to give them props.

Now I have a few questions for you guys.

How has the community been for you guys so far?

It’s been surprising good for me. I was expecting a lot more idiots to be playing due to all the hype and it being new. But so far it’s been really good other than a few team killers and a few “N” bombs here and there.

Is it just me or is the team AI just awful in the single player?

I mean at one point I threw a grenade at a car that was close to some rebels and for whatever reason my whole squad decided to chase it. All 3 of them went down injured and I really wanted to finish them all off out of being annoyed…but I couldn’t. I have also had them get stuck a few times behind walls and whatnot. And a few times I would be in a fight and only one would be helping (if that’s what you want to call it) while the others are standing around like their “ADD” just kicked into high gear or something. They don’t take cover or do much of anything to keep from getting killed. I have come to the conclusion that these are the stupidest bunch of morons on the planet or the craziest bunch of b@stards ever.

What do you guys think of the music in the multiplayer and are you having a hard time turning it off?

I think the music in the multiplayer is great but with no option to turn it down where it’s not as loud, I would rather just turn it off. I love the ambient sounds and they really bring you in the game but then the music kind of drowns it out a little. When I turned off the music I was really impressed with just the environment sounds. Also I keep having to go into the options for the music to turn it off every game. Any way around having to turn off the music every time a new round starts?

Is anyone playing in 1st person only?

Just curious. I haven’t at all really because my TV cuts off part of the HUD due to a little over scan. And I have really grown to like the OTS view.

Anyone else having a hard time joining a game after an invite?

I got a few invites, some from people on this board I believe, but it wouldn’t let me get in. Kept saying cannot connect or something like that.

What gun do you like best?

There are all these guns like the SCAR and all this but for some reason I have had the best luck with the M8 Carbine.

What do you guys think of the smoke bombs?

They have come in handy for me a few times already. There have been a few times I was stuck in a tight spot and was able to get out due to the smoke…good stuff. :)

That's it. :thumbsup:

What do you guys think of the music in the multiplayer and are you having a hard time turning it off?

I think the music in the multiplayer is great but with no option to turn it down where it’s not as loud, I would rather just turn it off. I love the ambient sounds and they really bring you in the game but then the music kind of drowns it out a little. When I turned off the music I was really impressed with just the environment sounds. Also I keep having to go into the options for the music to turn it off every game. Any way around having to turn off the music every time a new round starts?

If you have music stored on your 360 just play a few notes then hit the pause button and return to the MP game...all music is now gone and you can enjoy the wind and the trees......lol

If you have music stored on your 360 just play a few notes then hit the pause button and return to the MP game...all music is now gone and you can enjoy the wind and the trees......lol

:hmm: I'll try that. I don't have any music on my hard drive but I can rip some on there just for that reason.

Thanks....wait, are you laughing at me? I like the trees and wind! :blink:

The enemy AI as well. Although, they get quite cheap - shooting and hitting me when my countersniper on 4x zoom can't seem to pick 'em up. But outstanding AIs ruin gameplay balance by being too "smart".

I like it, though turning it down like you mention would have been nice. My beef, however, is with the menu music. I really liked it, until I noticed it still plays in the lobby. 'hard to believe those testing the final build didn't get headaches.

I am, although it's hard to tell if you're peeking in this view. And you're right, my TV does cut off some of the HUD. I suppose this should go into the bug list (like when the HUD doesn't display your weapon once a game starts, or you notice your buddy is shooting an invisible gun - this happened on co-op 1-4).

I think this has to do with NAT issues. If the host has a moderate NAT, you might have a problem joining. If the person hosting the room has a closed NAT, I doubt anyone will be able to join.

My wife and I spent several hours trying to decide. Right now, I pick the same weapon she does: the SA-80.

Personally (having skipped GR2, and not finishing Summit Strike), these guns don't have the same kick or stopping power they did in [GR]/IT (SA-80, 7.62 carbine, rifle and sniper, OICW, M4 SOCOM, SR-25 - those guns were AWESOME). Did I miss something?

Also, can anyone here consistently snipe in GRAW? I noticed that any weapon in scope view, especially the snipers, move on a grid (ie. skip a few pixels), even with auto-aim disabled. This, to me, is quite frustating, as sniping is more frustrating, than difficult. If the target is moving, forget about it.

Anyone care to comment?

They work well. The smoke effect seems to me to be turned up a few notches in single player as opposed to multi.

I am thoroughly enjoying the game and have had a lot of "wow. didcha see that?" moments. However, I'd like a few things added to the expected multiplayer update:

How about

1. Allowing the reload/rate of fire button to reload when a clip isn't fun, change the rate of fire when it is. This is useful in multiplayer, where your finger is on the left stick, not the d-pad, especially if you suddenly need to go full-auto.

2. Peeking modification: Add a custom configuration akin to Controller B in which the shoulder buttons (LB, RB) take the place of the left and right d-pad buttons (L, R). The shoulder buttons control the cross-com views, LB+LS,L becomes L and LB+RS,R becomes R - peeking like we did in the first game. The RB command that switches the camera in third person view is unnecessary in first person view. That's why I am proposing this controller config for that view.

3. Turning off the music in the lobby.

4. Removing the text that displays whose eyes you're supposedly seeing through when the cross-com is disabled.

We already ready knew the "stop and drop" play mechanics were not going to return, but how do folks here who played a ton of GR and GRIT on the Xbox and now GRAW on the 360 feel about the controls?

My brother and I have played co-op together. I've yet to experience the online community as I'm wary of another gr2/halo2 community experience. I'm not online to "kill them bitches."

Maybe I'll join in with some of you folks on gr.net.

I like the music for the most part. I've also been streaming off my iPod since I found out there's support for it. No iTunes songs suck, but I've got an extensive CD rip collection to balance it out. Haven't tried turning it off.

The AI in single player is pretty bad. It's not quite as bad once you realize the limitations of the enemy and friendly AI. For the most part the friendly AI is helpful as long as they stay behind cover . . . which is easier typed than done.

I've been meaning to try smoke in multi but tend to get distracted selecting my primary weapon. The frag grenades have been quite useful though. Less misthrows than in both previous GRs from my standpoint.

(yeah I know I'm out of order by now)

I like OTS because it gives a little peripheral vision. That and it shows off the nice models and fancy hats you've selected.

First time we tried playing online, we had a helluva time trying to get connected. Been problem free since then.

I've always been a grenadier, so I stick with that or rifleman. The MR-C is great because of the high mag capacity (for territories on infinite respawn). Otherwise I prefer the M468 and the M16 grenadier versions respectively. There could be charts and graphs and data all about stopping power, but if you shoot someone enough times they'll go down. Shoot them in the head and there's no question.

Things I'd like to see are a faster way to switch rates of fire (or at least set your default preference), leave that last round in the chamber during a reload (for magazine fed weapons), bring in the wall stick/cover dynamic from the single player campaign or leaning from gr2 (trees are much more useful with leaning), and bring back the wound dynamics from [GR]. Nothing is more interesting than the gameplay dynamic resulting from a teammate with a leg wound (should we just shoot him? leave him behind?).

btw, anyone that needs a grenadier for co-op mayhem you'll find me as kuosher.

Edited by kuo34

:hmm: I'll try that. I don't have any music on my hard drive but I can rip some on there just for that reason.

Thanks....wait, are you laughing at me? I like the trees and wind! :blink:

I'm waiting...tell me it worked BoB....and no I was not laughing at you just with you...I also like the wind and the trees...... :thumbsup:

Play on hard. Not only does your team AI get a huge boost, but the enemy does as well. I saw my team using grenades to flush enemies out of cover, law down some pretty scary suppressive fire to let me get to a new position, and know when and when not to shoot. None of which I saw on normal. I was very impressed.

I like the music in multiplayer. It really adds to the atmosphere. There is a bug that prevents you from turning it off, however.

I can play in either, with no over scan, but personally, I like the over-the-shoulder view.

I've never had any problems on my side of things, although a few of my friends have reported not being able to join my games.

(Heh, my wife and I agree on the same thing.) The SA-80. It's accurate, powerful, and has a high ROF.

Sniper has always been my strong point. I'm great at sniping. I don't really notice the "grid" effect you're talking about, but I do, on occasion, have trouble keeping up with moving targets. My favorite sniper has to be the PSG-1.

I love 'em. Though they aren't as realistic looking as CoD 2's, they get the job done.

The AI can be great or ridicuosly stupid. Its more an issue of postioning than reacting to an enemy. Playing on hard today, third mission, Opposing tank comes in, told my squad to regroup behind me.One guy decided to take cover infront of the barricade rather than behind it.Needlessly to say he got a tank shell to the face.

Other times you tell your squad to regroup, you go to take cover against the corner of wall and then the enemy starts shooting and your squad runs out in the open to take em out, unfortunately they show no intelligence and just stand there blasting away. Then they get riddled.

Its something that really bugs me. Such a great game. I wish they could of employed more sensible ai for your teammates.

On a side note I wish they employed random spawning of enemy spaning points to add to Single player replayability. The challenge of the game is kind of lost to trial&error.First time I played the game with no diamonds it was so tense and you moved slowly checking out every area. Unfortunately you tend to learn where the enemy is postioned and the tension is lost and so is the fun.

Mine is the M4 socom with the m203 attached. Cant remember the name. Hasn't let me down multiplayer(though for some reason not as good in coop)

Edited by Calgar99