Need some technique and skills help please!

WarlikeFlea

I haven't played GR since the first one came out many moons ago. As a result I'm not a savy as many of you and these may (will) seem like "What a dork" questions, but try to be kind. :devil:

I'm having difficulty blowing vehicles up in SP mode and weapon caches in co-op mission modes. I was able to get a small vehicle to blow up by shooting it, but that doesn't seem right. Dropped a grenade near some weapons caches and blew them up, but that didn't work on some others. In SP mode is there a way to direct my grenaider to blow up the vehicles? I know that if I choose the weapon with the grenade launcher I can do it, but if I have a team member who is capable and equipped for it I'd like to use them. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

Hey man, we're here to help. :)

So, here's the scoop:

Vehicles in single player can be destroyed in a number of ways. First, and probably my most used method, is to kill them using my squad. Simply target an enemy vehicle and press "Up" on the d-pad. Now, if you're not about staying back and keeping your head down, you can use the ZEUS missile launcher, or a grenade launcher that you happen to have on one of your weapons (though it may take two or three grenades). If you're REALLY feeling rambo, go ahead and get in real close, and toss a few grenades onto (or into) the vehicle, rolling them under the chassis seems to be less effective. If you're talking about civilian cars, all of the above methods can be used, save for your squad command, in addition to shooting them. Shooting them is probably the most effective way to detonate the civilian vehicles.

Now, for weapons caches in co-op, basically all of the above applies. If you have a few grenades handy, just toss them into the lot. You can also destroy them by just shooting them. If I remember correctly; it takes about 2-3 shots with the M107 to effectively eliminate half of the cache.

I hope that helps! Feel free to ask any other questions you may have, I'm always available.

- Drew

Edited by Avalon Drew

Thanks! I'll give them another whirl. I know in SP mode when near a enemy vehicle and looking at it an icon appears at the bottom of the screen with an "explosion" type look and the "up arrow" indicated. When I press the "up arrow" my player says something like "Take the shot", but no one on my team does anything :o= .

Make sure that you have a grenadier on your team, first off. Second, if your teammates can't get a good shot at it, they will refuse to take the order.

If the vehicle has been spotted, hit the "Back" button, and order your command from the tactical map. They will rarely refuse the order then.

If none of those work, let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

Got it! I'm not sure what I was doing wrong. Maybe I was too close to the vehicle. I've been able to strike all these vehicles from the tactical map and giving the command from the game screen. I really don't know what I was doing wrong before, but it's good to blow stuff up now! :devil: