Enemy density....

Trinity22

Hey guys,

I was hosting a 16 player matches all last night. I had a blast playing teams and solo. However, the coop missions were relatively easy with 16 players. I switched the gametype over to Defend. I then put the enemy density on Low, and 35 enemies attacked. This was waaaaaayyy to easy, so I switched it to High. This didn't make much improvement because only 50 enemies attacked. I've been watch and listening to interview for the past 2 months, and the developers said when the density is on high, like 500 enemies attack.

Am I missing something? On GR2 and SS, when I selected hard, 250 enemies attacked. Why is 50 the max on high density? Is that really the highest it goes?

Set it on infinite. ;)

The number of enemies adjusts per map based on density.  So on smaller maps, you get less enemies.

Also, have you turned off respawns?

Thanks for the response!! :D

So, if I put it on Infinite, the number of enemies vary with the map selection? Do they ever stop? How will I then win (Time limit?)?

Again, thanks for talking the time out. I appreciate it!!

Oh, and BTW.... I had the room set up with 5 team respawns. I'll try with no respawns (just trying not to break my disc and throw my new 360 outta the window, haha). I'm the only black guy on my street, so I'm not trying to help the stereo type out, :D . You know, the black guy NEVER makes it to the end of the movie!!!!

:rofl: If you set it to infinite, they never stop coming. Ever. And the density of troops is incredible. I think that at one point in a game with a few of my buddies, there were 100+ AI on screen, AT THE SAME TIME. I was just amazed at how there was no slowdown. However, my gawking did manage to get me killed.

The only way to win on this mode is by way of time limit. And even then, it's tough.

Hope this helped, and good luck! ;)

I wish there were more enemies on the Firefight type of games too. I always like GR2 the best in that area because there were about 120-140 enemies on a lot of the maps, it was WAY more fun since most of the time you're in a room with at least 4 people in it. With so few enemies, it's like you're only killing about 10 a piece. That's an absolute joke to me and so easy...I mean, I used to do "The Dam" level on GR2 with 145 enemies by myself with no explosives on Firefight.

Wait, you can set enemy density to infinite? WHAT? -runs off to check-.

On Co-Op Terriritory, you can.

Try three-zone Territory with infinite enemies, with the enemies set to win if they capture any zone.

If that is too easy for you, set it to five zones. :rocky:

We were playing some 3 zone yesterday with infinite enemies, but made the enemies take all 3 zones. Still we had problems holding on for 10 minutes. It seemed we usually were overrun finally at about the 6-7 minute mark. We played about 5 or six games of that with 6-8 in a room. I don't think we ever won a round. :thumbsup:

I'll make a video tommorow.

My buddies and I are loving this mode, and by far our favorite level is Old Town, which is perfect for it.

There's nothing like hearing and seeing five or six light machine guns empty tens of thousands of rounds into hundreds of enemies. Oh MAN, this game is cool.

Keep up the good work, Ubi. ;)

Edit: I just realized that this post sounds almost the same as my last. Ah well, that's what I get for staying up until four in the morning. ^_^

Edited by Avalon Drew

Infinite enemies is hilarious, Old Town where you have to protect that Mucho-importanto umm ...shack is just brilliant fun ...no wait is that Nowhere? Something Gulch with all the rocks is just too funny, I was in 16 player room and we killed a combined 1800+ enemies and still lost as about 30 of them enveloped the last 4 of us.