A question about bandwidth.

PoonTaco

Serellan, or any other dev's;

Do you have any reccomendations for what upload bandwidth the host needs for each player, or the bandwidth needed for a full room.

I'm asking just out of curiosity(my 1 meg upload can handle full rooms for just about anything :yes: ).

Serellan, or any other dev's;

Do you have any reccomendations for what upload bandwidth the host needs for each player, or the bandwidth needed for a full room.

I'm asking just out of curiosity(my 1 meg upload can handle full rooms for just about anything).

and as a side note, today i was in several different rooms hosted by different people and the room became unstable connection wise after 6 players.

Some of the guys I was playing with said that they were hosting 16 with GRAW but couldn't hold more than 6 or so with GR2.

That's funny...my guys that I played GR2 and GRSS with could hold 16 with ease...now only 6 with GRAW....its lag-tastic....NOT!!!!

Strange. Were you guys getting lag? I never ot any at all. :hmm:

I never had any lag when hosting, now in GR2:SS I could only hold 12, the same is the case for GRAW.. after 12 my server becomes unstable.

I never did host a game. I also never once had any lag at all. Very strange because I see some people on the IGN boards saying they are getting a lot of lag.

:hmm:

I almost always host, and I have been running 16 player rooms with no problem(that's with a 1 meg upload).

I've also spent a couple of hours testing out other peoples rooms.

So far, it looks like you need to have a minimum of 640k, or so, upload to run full rooms

Hope this helps we've Been doing some more tests today, this probably gives a rough guidence, based on standard team v team play

Upstream 280 5 players safe (6-7 unsafe)

Upstream 384 8 players safe (9-10 unsafe)

Upstream 560 10 player safe (11-12 unsafe)

---------------------------------Not tested expected---------------------------------------------

Upstream 860 15 player safe (16 dodgy)

Upstream 1000 16 safe

The Campain games certainly do differ from the above.

Regards

www.mgc360.com

Edited by MGC360