IGN Review of GRAW!

Clum-Z-Boy

Review

There you have it. Final score of 9.2!

"Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter is a next-generation game in the fullest sense, whether it's the loaded package of impressive graphics and special effects, the top-notch sound, or the tactically enhanced gameplay. Red Storm's four-plus months of extra time have served the game incredibly well and you can see the difference in the screenshots and you will feel it in the gameplay. It's still Ghost Recon, which is to say it's still a rather acquired taste in first/third-person shooters, but as the series goes, this one is easily the best one yet. You'll be impressed with the stunning single-player game, and when you're done, you'll finally get to play long sessions on Xbox Live with an online game that's fully equipped to deliver a next-gen package. My advice, get this game, or get thee to a nunnery!"

Haven't read it myself, I'm gonna do that right now ;)

They worked hard on this game, I am sure reading the threads and reviews is very important to them, and probably part of the celebration. I see Serellan is posting, so we'll see what he has to say. :)

FYI Serellan... I absolutley LOVED your mods for Rogue Spear. :)

Edited by kingotnw

Seriously, stop reading this thread and celebrate. Two words....

Capt. Morgan  :pirate:

That was Saturday. ;)

captain_art_popup.gif

They worked hard on this game, I am sure reading the threads and reviews is very important to them, and probably part of the celebration.

Yep. It is a chance for the team to see what people (and the critics) think, and stop holding their breath. ;)

FYI Serellan... I absolutley LOVED your mods for Rogue Spear.

Thanks, glad you liked them.

I supose the other question would be did you pay Gamespot enough so they dont crap on your game? ;) Always seems to me no matter how good or bad a game is, their reviews have nothing to do with reality.

Please don't take that in a bad way... It was meant as a rip on gamespot, not you guys.

I'll say this... Heres to hopping you guys restore my faith in ubi after the lockdown fiasco!!

Edited by kingotnw

Is this fishing village in the background..... ;)

:rofl: Looks like it, doesn't it!

"Serellan" i want to thank you for all the hard work you and your team put in to this game :thumbsup: . You deserve that vacation :D

The team did all the work. I just write documents and have meetings. Well, maybe a bit more, but that is my main job. ;)

The amount of experience on this team, just in MP is amazing.

Jeff Wesevich, of GR fame, lead the sound group. Robbie Edwards, Producer of GR1 & GR2 Xbox, led the team. Jeff McGann, coming off of working as Lead Designer of Summit Strike, focused purely on MP UI, to give you the polished system you see today. Chase Jones, scripter on GR2, headed up the team of Co-Op Scripters, while Gary Stelmack, Lead Designer on GR1 & GR2, headed up MP scripting and systems design. We had THREE Stelmacks in total! THREE! And that is just the tip of the iceberg, be sure to look at the credits for lots of familiar faces, like David Hamm (Igor inventor), who polished the AI and (really), saved the drone in MP after my original (bad) design failed to be fun. Jason Snyder, the guy who saved Lone Wolf in GR2 returned to make the a lot of the customization possible. And that is without even mentioning the awesome art staff, including Pete Sekula, Brian Tate, and tons more folks, or the graphics and network engineers, led by Clark Gibson, who has worked on like every GR title made. Or all the testers, led by GR vet Prince Arrington.

And all that is just in MP. Not even talking about the SP folks. I can't begin to mention everyone's name.

Lots of names that aren't mine are the people that toiled to bring this title out. Over two hundred of them. There are probably around 400 man-years worth of work invested in this title.

C.A. Comparison Post.

Part Off full List.

Game title genre score Posted

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter Shooter 9.2 07/03/2006 Dead or Alive 4 Fighting 9.0 2/28/2005

Call of Duty 2 Shooter 9.0 11/15/2005

Burnout Revenge Racing 8.9 3/06/2006

Project Gotham Racing 3 Racing 8.8 11/15/2005

Condemned: Criminal Origins Action 8.7 11/17/2005

EA Sports Fight Night Round 3 Sports 8.5 2/17/2006

Perfect Dark Zero Shooter 8.4 11/23/2005

Kameo: Elements of Power Adventure 8.4 11/15/2005

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland Sports 8.3 11/15/2005

QUAKE 4 Shooter 8.1 11/21/2005

Zuma Deluxe Puzzle 8.0 1/04/2006

Peter Jackson's King Kong Action 8.0 11/23/2005

Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved Shooter 8.0 11/21/2005

Need for Speed Most Wanted Racing 8.0 11/16/2005

Madden NFL 06 Sports 8.0 11/15/2005

Outpost Kaloki X Strategy 7.9 12/12/2005

Nice Spot :yes:

Lots of names that aren't mine are the people that toiled to bring this title out.  Over two hundred of them.  There are probably around 400 man-years worth of work invested in this title.

Excellent work guys!

The financials of such a title boggle the mind. :wacko:

-John

What college courses do you have to take to be prepared to develop a gme like this one?

I need to know to plan for college. I want to make a career out of this and I have high hope and I know i'm going to make it.

Edited by ghost627