Questions about the Online Multiplayer....

Icy X

Yeah I've been thinking about weither or not to get the game. I originally wasn't going to, but after hearing my friends not being able to shut up about it, I'm thinking maybe I should get it. Well if I did it would be for the online multiplayer.

So since I know nothing about the game really, what is the online multiplayer like? What gamemodes are there? I'm assuming there is a DM, TDM, and CTF type gamemodes, so besides that what is there? (and those are in it right?) Lastly can you please give me some info on these game modes like how they are played?

Thnx a lot in advance.

Let's just say there's about 1000 different options you can choose from, so that means a lot of ways you can customize your standard gametypes (all the ones you mentioned are in there).

There's also Territories... pretty much King of the Hill. There are also others, but I'm not sure they've been mentioned.

I'm sure someone'll give you a link pretty soon, I can't remember any. Sorry. :(

Oh yeah, and close to no lag, even with 16 players running on a server... never enough to not let you aim properly.

Let's just say there's about 1000 different options you can choose from, so that means a lot of ways you can customize your standard gametypes (all the ones you mentioned are in there).

There's also Territories... pretty much King of the Hill. There are also others, but I'm not sure they've been mentioned.

I'm sure someone'll give you a link pretty soon, I can't remember any. Sorry.  :(

Oh yeah, and close to no lag, even with 16 players running on a server... never enough to not let you aim properly.

Well that is good news no real lag issues.

So if some one else could help me out more? Thnx.

I got another question... This is probably really dumb to ask as well as I think I already know the answer.... Just to make sure though since I haven't played a Ghost Recon game before....

Is this game really strategic? Like you gotta play smart, and play as a team to really do well? Or is it more of a run 'n' gun game and/or where you just do whatever you want and don't really play with real teamwork for the most part?

I am a Call of Duty fan and love the original on PC and CoD2. Besides them having awsome single player, I really like the multiplayer since in it you gotta think about what you're doing and use a real strategy and be careful. You can't just run around in the open field and expect not to get sniped rather easily. Also it is a game that you really can benefit from by useing team work instead of every one doing whatever they want. Is GRAW the same as CoD in that same kind of way?

Is this game really strategic? Like you gotta play smart, and play as a team to really do well? Or is it more of a run 'n' gun game and/or where you just do whatever you want and don't really play with real teamwork for the most part?

the game is very strategic with team using the uav's as spotters but sometimes it gets upclose and personal :thumbsup:

the game is very strategic with team using the uav's as spotters but sometimes it gets upclose and personal :thumbsup:

OK good. I was already pretty sure that is how it was, but can't be too sure I guess. So I'm guessing it is similare to SOCOM.... I'm not really a fan of 3rd person games so I maybe end up playing a bit in 1st if I get this game (I'm thinking I probably will). Probably switch a bit back and forth. Meh I don't know.... Does it also play well in 1st person? Seems like it is more ment to be played in 3rd....

Anyways more info on gamemodes would be appreciated. Thnx.

i tried first person and its ok ,now they got rid of rock peekers it isnt an issue anymore.

the only issue ive got is when you think your hidden in grass your not from a distance

but im not bothered about that .the game pays you to be a camper/spotter, run and gunners will get nailed in this game (thank god)

and believe me ten minutes in a match isnt long enough anymore

No one has really given me a great deal of info on online multiplayer gamemodes.... The game so close to being released, or actually is now released and no one on the official GRAW forum can help me out? Maybe I just came to the forum at a bad time.....

No one has really given me a great deal of info on online multiplayer gamemodes.... The game so close to being released, or actually is now released and no one on the official GRAW forum can help me out? Maybe I just came to the forum at a bad time.....

There are tons of previews, interviews, etc... that you can read.

Go down to the multiplayer interview, it should help you get an idea.

Hey Audiolab, would you be able to your own personel review of the game

(I apologise if i'm hijacking this thread)

On the multiplayer options it looks like you have the standard, solo, team based games like team kills, capture the flag, King of the hill, territories but you are given a vast amount of freedom to customize these gametypes, ie number of respawns number of territories, customize your character looks and which class you are in etc.

Hope that gives you an insight. There are numerous previews around and videos explaining the multiplayer aspect of GRAW. Maybe Colin or Bigolebrain can clue you in the best source of info

OMG.....Psychic :rofl:

Edited by Calgar99

Well I did go to Gamespot.com and IGN.com looking for answers, but didn't find much details about what kind of gamemodes.

Anyways from that vid at Gametrailers.com I am surely gonna get this game! OMG such a close one! I wasn't even considdering getting this game till last night when a couple friends kept talking about it and then I couldn't get it off my mind (still can't at the moment). I really almost missed out on some thing real great I believe and I'm happy I won't now. After watching that vid at Gametrailers.com I am so hyped up for it right now lol.

There is a 17 minute video of the first mission that is absolutely amazing. I'm a pc gamer, but, I have watched this several times, I am blown away by the size and detail of the maps, the gameplay, the sounds, both 360 and pc players will have a great game.