Got a New Toy? Post it!

FA sear

my toy is still under process although its barrel is quite big and the trigger isnt working out right. . . im using 3ds max 7 but somethings not right. if you have any advice on how to help me, please send me a message,

:) thank you, sniper

If you are talking about modding a weapon, you might want to try one of the modding forums or the Design Forum. These are real weapons the guys are posting about in here.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, no 3d models here. Recently got some goodies for my 10mm Witness. Just now got around to pumping out some handloads for it. Lets just say, 9gr of 800x over a 200gr XTP makes for a nice load*. I've also got a load I'm working on with some 165gr Gold Dots. The other is mainly for hunting purposes. Had to install a 22lb recoil spring and +10% mag springs from Wolff as well. Even modified some Hogue grips to fit.

Here's a recent pic. You also might notice the box of Black Talons I happened to run across last weekend. :o=

tanfogliobt.jpg

*Use data at your own risk.

10mm, I like it RooK. I like the grip you put on it too. :thumbsup:

I like the Hogue grips for the 1911s too. The standard 1911 grips are just too skinny and wierd to me. Just my opinion, I know most people like standard 1911 grips.

I got a cheek piece for Commando, but the carryhandle I ordered was damaged, so I am returning it, and now that I think about it, I'm not sure I want to even keep it. Here is a pic ot the cheekpiece. Obviously it sits too high for use without the carry handle, so I may keep it to use for another upper at some other time.

full_20637_p336760.jpg

I also picked up a SIG P220. Just sold the last of my "tupperware" guns. I still like HKs and Glocks, but I just prefer an all metal gun.

full_20637_p336761.jpg

Edited by jchung

I love Hogues. Got a set on my RIA 1911 (I have posted a pic of that, right?). Anyway, I recently purchased a McCormick beavertail and hammer for it. I just need to get around to cutting the tang and installing them. I've been tempted to start buying parts for it and beef it up for some .45 Super action. Might not be the best idea on a cast, Philipine gun, but you only live once right? If I break it, I guess I could covertly send it back for their 'lifetime warranty' and just build that Caspian 1911 I've always wanted.

I like steel guns as well. It just sucks that they have to weight so much. :P

Not a new toy, but here's my first K-31 I picked up some time back. I say it's not new because 1) I got it a while ago, and 2) it's a milsurp older than me. :) I have plenty of modern stuff I could post, and plenty of old Commie stuff, but others have those two categories covered in this thread, so I thought I'd post something a little different. The K-31 is a nice little shooter. Fine Swiss craftmanship and accurate as heck.

Does yours have a name under the buttplate? I hear some of them have the original issuer on them and people have tried contacting them in Switzerland. A few with positive results. One in particular even gave the gun back to the original owner. :)

K31s are fine guns, and a .308 Win before its time.

Does yours have a name under the buttplate? I hear some of them have the original issuer on them and people have tried contacting them in Switzerland. A few with positive results. One in particular even gave the gun back to the original owner. :)

K31s are fine guns, and a .308 Win before its time.

K31's are awesome weapons, and are my favorite bolt action rifles. I consider them the most accurate off the shelf milsurp guns, especially with the standard milsurp ammo. I have two, both have the tags with the militiamen's information on them.

The only downside to them is the state of their stocks, because the Swiss kicked the stock as part of their drill routine.

Here is one of mine, with a "no gunsmith" scope mount:

k31_scope_01.jpg

k31_01.jpg

Any idea if someone has a setup for cutting new stocks for them? I'd be tempted to buy one if I could slap a new, black walnut stock on it. I've heard nothing but stellar reviews over them and because I handload, ammo wouldn't be an issue. With a new stock, I could also make it look really nice without worrying about modifying the original stock (or messing it up).

Any idea if someone has a setup for cutting new stocks for them? I'd be tempted to buy one if I could slap a new, black walnut stock on it. I've heard nothing but stellar reviews over them and because I handload, ammo wouldn't be an issue. With a new stock, I could also make it look really nice without worrying about modifying the original stock (or messing it up).

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/

I normally stick to the GR: AW boards but this thread intrigued me so I had to indulge myself. :)

Here is the humble beginnings of my collection (click the thumbnail for a larger image):

This is my Colt M1991A1 .45ACP. It is a stock Series 80 aside from the Hogue monogrip. This is what I plan on carrying concealed when I come of age exactly one year from today.

thumb_1158301097_1911.jpg

Glock 22 .40S&W.

thumb_1158301250_glock.jpg

And now for some hand cannons :).

Ruger Redhawk .44 Magnum.

thumb_1158301394_redhawk.jpg

And the ever popular Desert Eagle .50AE.

thumb_1158301495_desert_eagle_1.jpg

thumb_1158301540_desert_eagle_2.jpg

And a group photo (don't have pictures of the Beretta 92FS 9mm Luger yet).

thumb_1158301685_pistols.jpg

Ruger P85 MkII 9mm Luger. This was replaced by my .45 and currently resides at my mother's house.

thumb_1158301846_p85.jpg

And now on to my baby. :)

Bushmaster AR15 .223 Remington.

thumb_1158301958_ar15_1.jpg

thumb_1158301993_ar15_2.jpg

EOTech holosight and Aimpoint 3x magnifier mounted on hardware by LaRue Tactical.

thumb_1158302036_ar15_3.jpg

thumb_1158302187_ar15_4.jpg

The magnifier can be removed by a flick of the top cantilever, or both the holosight and magnifier can be removed as one with a flick of the bottom cantilever.

thumb_1158302218_ar15_5.jpg

Here is the reticle without the magnifier.

thumb_1158302367_reticle_1.jpg

And here it is with the magnifer.

thumb_1158302422_reticle_2.jpg

Hope you enjoyed it.

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Check out the RIA's newest additions:

riabt.jpg

Amazing what a dremel, file, and sanding block can do, eh? Also, cut down .44 magnum case heads and some machine screws make an excellent jig (made it myself and cut the frame myself). Still likes some blending on the lower side and refinishing.

Next improvement: sights. I'm thinking Novak, but I'll have to contact a local smith and see.

Here's the before for those who didn't see it, just standard GI:

riar.jpg

Serellan, what FCG did you go with? Run into problems with the safety not working? I have the 16" Saiga in .308, identical to yours except for barrel length. Yours really needs a wooden forend. ;)

I didn't do the conversion on this one, so I actually don't know. I think it was upgraded by Atlantic Firearms. I do know it was done "pre-ban," thus the welded MB.

I actually like the look of the wood stock with the poly forearm, along the lines of some of the later SVD's.

svd.jpg

Welded MB might not be preban. It might exist just because it's an easy way to attach one to the Saiga. They have oddball front sight assemblies that won't allow most slip-ons and there isn't enough material to thread.