Got a New Toy? Post it!

FA sear

Kinda waiting on the Sheriff elections before CCW anything.

From what I hear, he wants to make it so that all LEO in the county can easily obtain their CCW and carry when they are off duty.

So that could mean that there would be little need for issuing to none LEO/Military.

Don't know if I would even want to try for one.

Not exactly rowdy around here.

Edited by Zantar45

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't put it through it's paces, but there have been no FTF/FTE with Winchester, Blazer or Federal.

No complaints

Heard some say the trigger is a pain and needs to be broken in. Mine's nice and clean, previous owner probably broke it in already.

I'm skeptical of the smaller platforms, nothing to base it on but my opinion and you all know what that's worth. I'm gald to hear that you like it though, I hope it serves you well, and that you never have to use it.

*knock on wood*

Always wanted something compact and 9mm, had to get the Taurus, was also in my price range.

Going to snag a CZ52 or Makarov next time. If not, then the CZ75 (think it was) or Beretta they had.

Should be able to mooch off my bro in laws supply of .40S&W

:yes:

*knock on wood*

Always wanted something compact and 9mm, had to get the Taurus, was also in my price range.

Going to snag a CZ52 or Makarov next time. If not, then the CZ75 (think it was) or Beretta they had.

Should be able to mooch off my bro in laws supply of .40S&W

:yes:

Mak's aren't bad. But that damned wooden grip is a pain. Definitely get some aftermarket grips if you're going to be shooting it.

I picked up the shorter one today from a friendly pawn shop. This thing looks brand-new, it's amazing. Haven't had a chance to fire it yet. Anyway, I've got some Hogue grips on the way, and I'll be adding some Norells to it to make it look as good as it should... then I'll probably sell it to match my losses. I just wanted something to tinker with for a few days.

The long one from my grandfather snuck in the pic and was his only pump-action in a collection of over 70 guns. This thing shoots like a dream, I love it and highly reccomend an 870 to anyone thinking of buying! :)

Top - Light Wood: Remington 870 Magnum 24" - Project Gun ($200)

Bottom - Dark Wood: Remington 870 Magnum Wingmaster 26" - Inherited from my Grandfather, will stay as is with NO modifications; the way he liked it: including the homemade leather strap ($0)

n59701712_30109107_8267.jpg

n59701712_30109109_9173.jpg

n59701712_30109108_8632.jpg

n59701712_30109105_7393.jpg

n59701712_30109106_7904.jpg

I have no clue, and don't know how to find out. I've been researching this for the past few days but seem to get nowhere. Any ideas?

I worry about the rust on it, but I guess I'll just stay on top of it and keep it clean. Same with the two bolts in it, haha. He had a side mounted scope on there that I'm sure was a home smithing job of either him, or the guy who owned it before him.

Yeah, I can read the SN. So I should be able to call Remington and just ask? That's kinda cool.

In the mean time, I found a pic of what my project gun will sorta look like when I finish. Although, I'm thinking of doing a mild-tiger stripe paint on it. We'll see...

Anyway, this is the plan:

f9202a531cu.jpg

Cheap Quick Photochop of possible paint plans... you get the vague idea:

f9202a532copy4lx.jpg

Post a pic of the shotgun when it is done. :thumbsup:

Will do. My cheap photoshop gives me an idea of how it will look, and I must say... I'm pleased. I think it will look good. I should have it at least painted by the 19th... maybe.

• 2 weeks later...