Ok I got the game!

Killer Boo

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Boo for taking the time to share with all of us that have to wait, we appreciate it.  One question, are you on right now?  Because everytime I try to connect to the camera I get a red X in Java.  And also what is time difference between PST here in US and Netherlands?

Thanks again.

FOX OUT!

No problem :)

I will be bcak online with camrea ;) in about 2 hours (ish) form now.

if you see the redX (lol) or a blank screen you may need to install the latest java from java.com

Killer Boo.

Check, check on the red X...... :rofl:

We need the indicators on?

Cheers

I for one will not play with the indicators on.......2 arcade like for me....I think I must be PC gamer with a console for brains....... :rofl:

I love PC style strategy but mouse and keyboard don't show me any love......360 all the way!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks Boo for taking the time to share with all of us that have to wait, we appreciate it.  One question, are you on right now?  Because everytime I try to connect to the camera I get a red X in Java.  And also what is time difference between PST here in US and Netherlands?

Thanks again.

FOX OUT!

No problem :)

I will be bcak online with camrea ;) in about 2 hours (ish) form now.

if you see the redX (lol) or a blank screen you may need to install the latest java from java.com

Killer Boo.

Check, check on the red X...... :rofl:

We need the indicators on?

Cheers

I for one will not play with the indicators on.......2 arcade like for me....I think I must be PC gamer with a console for brains....... :rofl:

I love PC style strategy but mouse and keyboard don't show me any love......360 all the way!!! :thumbsup:

I will not put it on either. Would spoil my experience. Diehard pc-gamer myself.

Cheers

I'll be playing with them. They're a core element of the new design, and hopefully will increase tactical depth.

I understand that they are part of the 'new design', however, I am hoping to position my squad, use cover and fire tactics to win......red diamonds are still a little hard to swallow right now......IMO

The graphics look great, character animations look fluid....the sound is amazing....why would I want to undo all of that immersion with bright red diamonds telling me where the enemy is...?.....I'm not that bright...but I at least can tell where an AK-47 is being fired from..... :o=

I for one will not play with the indicators on.......2 arcade like for me....I think I must be PC gamer with a console for brains.......

Ditto. It will spoil it for me to know that there are enemies behind some wall or building.

I for one will not play with the indicators on.......2 arcade like for me....I think I must be PC gamer with a console for brains.......

Ditto. It will spoil it for me to know that there are enemies behind some wall or building.

copy that......I can't even play GRSS with enemy radar on...this is a whole other animal..... :nono:

AI is after all...AI and the AI enemy are not that bright...I don't care what the game devs say (any game)...AI is dumb.....stuck on walls, running into each other, walking into gun fire...the list goes on....!!!

Now....Now I have a bright red diamond telling where these dummies are...lol... :rofl:

8v8 squad games over xbox live...human opposition....thats where it's at people.... :thumbsup:

:o=

Edited by ReapeR eXe

I'll be playing with them. They're a core element of the new design, and hopefully will increase tactical depth.

Nah, then it's like a shooting gallery. Imagine an offensive sniper in a Skycraper, Huge building and you spot him right away by some red indicator. That would ruin my experience any day.

Cheers

Edited by M95-Sniper

why would I want to undo all of that immersion with bright red diamonds telling me where the enemy is...?

Because, in the setting of GRAW, that's the equipment soldiers have. Whether we see that in real life or not, Scott Mitchell has little red daimonds that show him where his targets are.

I don't see how it can undo immersion.

why would I want to undo all of that immersion with bright red diamonds telling me where the enemy is...?

Because, in the setting of GRAW, that's the equipment soldiers have. Whether we see that in real life or not, Scott Mitchell has little red daimonds that show him where his targets are.

You for real with this statement? :unsure:

Cheers

Cheers

I sure hope not..otherwise we should all start looking for the missing T, I and D from this posters name......hehe..JK...it's all for fun.... :whistle:

i have to be honest here. i understand that at first some people might reject the thought of the GRAW hud, and diamonds, etc. But here is a small, but important point .... YOU HAVENT PLAYED THE GAME YET !!!!!! why dont you play the game. ...... make an informed statement. i hate to be harsh here, but i was just on the ubisoft forums and some guy who has NOT played it yet, actually said he hopes that better maps come later in the form of DLC. >.....How the hell does he know the maps that you get initially arent already good. ESPECIALLY when we have gotten nothing but overly positive reviews and opinions from everyone who has actually played it.

please be patient. make an informed decision once the game is out.

this must be frusturating for serellan to read prejudgements on something he made when no one has touched it yet.

just my opinion. again i hate to be harsh, i think the ubi boards put me in a bad mood. :rofl:

Edited by OPSIXDELTA

Cheers

Completely. I wouldn't complain that the aliens in starcraft ruin immersion, so I'm not going to complain that the red daimonds in GRAW do.

i have to be honest here. i understand that at first some people might reject the thought of the GRAW hud, and diamonds, etc. But here is a small, but important point .... YOU HAVENT PLAYED THE GAME YET !!!!!! why dont you play the game. ...... make an informed statement. i hate to be harsh here, but i was just on the ubisoft forums and some guy who has NOT played it yet, actually said he hopes that better maps come later in the form of DLC. >.....How the hell does he know the maps that you get initially arent already good. ESPECIALLY when we have gotten nothing but overly positive reviews and opinions from everyone who has actually played it. 

this must be frusturating for serellan to read prejudgements on something he made when no one has touched it yet.

just my opinion. again i hate to be harsh, i think the ubi boards put me in a bad mood.  :rofl:

Great post!

My thoughts, exactly.

This I do agree with, but also I can see how people this it will ruin the game... but trust me it doesn't.

just my opinion. again i hate to be harsh, i think the ubi boards put me in a bad mood.  :rofl:

Not being rude, but I have the game and have been playing both MP and SP and giving my opinions on it and people here are just posting I guess their conversations with my via MSN.

Just thought I'm mention that.

---

I have the game and played it, as so of you know so I'm just giving you my opinion of the game... you may not agree with it.

The HUD is no way 'in the way' of game play... you forget it's there when your getting shot at from all directions... this game is no way like the other GRs and becuse of the lighting (some really dark areas on all the maps!) your glad that you have the cross-com and the dimonds 'trust me!'

Cross-com - this is a usefull feature I find, because of what I said before, it's a dark game and any intel is good for your troops!

There are some things I wish they had 'put back' or inprooved on...

1. MP, SP - you can't 'roll' when laying down! this is a little anoying :(

2. MP, SP - they have taken away the 'lean' that you could do before too!

3. SP - the AI in you troops could be better but they are AI and don't take them for granted

4. SP - the enemy AI is MUCH MUCH better that before too... they WILL flank you and throg frags etc...

5. MP - there are 10 maps and I played all, I wish they had a few more bigger maps

6. MP - the maps are much more open, meaning you HAVE to communicate and hold your zone because the enemy will come at you from all directions!

7. MP - you can save your 'class' nd the equpment that goes with it so your not 'looking' for your guns when your re-spawn!

8. MP - you have to pick your gun 'after' your spawn, but look at No. 7

A lot of poeple are put off the dimond thing.. I will do my best to explain it but I find it a feature that is needed in SP, but in MP if you want to run around and just shoot then I understand but if your into tactical game play they this might hlp you achive just that, because you have to find spots so you are not seen in any way! that is after all what stealth is and tactical play is... here goes...

You ONLY get the dimond in SP (might be that same in MP Live) when you or your team mates or the drone (I will come back to that) sees an enemy... I have been is situations where there have been MANY solders all over you and they hasn't been any dimonds or not many untill you get shot, and this is the crutial but... your retcule HAS to be over them for it to come up as a dimond... so it's not like 'oh they are on the screen there is a dimond'

Back to the drone.... again I like this :) yeah I know! Again I think it will help tactical play again.... here is how it works, the drone need to be in 'scanning' mode to get intel and that meand to drop it in altitude for it to be able to scan, but if the enemy see it (in SP or MP) it WILL get shot down then you are in trouble! and it needs a few shot to shoot it!

The guns, scopes, retecule.... I like this as they have changed it again to a much more better 'reallife' feel to them... when scoped in the retecule will move then your scope/you kind of... you know when you look into a camera lens sometimes you see the inside of the lens move round a little, that kind of wht I mean...

Also some of the 'usual guns have 2 step scopes!!! ones I remember SA80, G36K! also on some of them as well as the all the snipers when you are scoped in you have to hold your breath (bars to indicate) to get it steady they shoot more accurately

There is a new feture (left trigget) is anothe scope kind of thing where you just aim cliser without looking throught the scope... quick and easy.. also this will help with accuracy.

One think you can do any more which I thing is good! to to run around when your scoped! you can move, slowly but not run.

in MP the D-Pad is no longer in use... they have moved the action buttom and the crouch/lay is done by the left thumb click, also when you are running you can press and hold to jump forward and laydown for cover! COOL! I think you can do it some way to slide crouch but haven't been able to do that. You can go from laying down to standing up whith the same click so no more getting shot coz you can't move quick enough! hehehe

Just some stuff I have noticed... I'm sure there is more but I will leave you with that for now...

Kileer Boo

PS the camera was off yesturday because my daughter was sick all over the place and I have to take care of her... also today but I will get the camera working again soon! Thanks again guys :)

This I do agree with, but also I can see how people this it will ruin the game... but trust me it doesn't.

Not being rude, but I have the game and have been playing both MP and SP and giving my opinions on it and people here are just posting I guess their conversations with my via MSN.

---

I have the game and played it, as so of you know so I'm just giving you my opinion of the game... you may not agree with it.

The HUD is no way 'in the way' of game play... you forget it's there when your getting shot at from all directions... this game is no way like the other GRs and becuse of the lighting (some really dark areas on all the maps!) your glad that you have the cross-com and the dimonds 'trust me!'

Cross-com - this is a usefull feature I find, because of what I said before, it's a dark game and any intel is good for your troops!

There are some things I wish they had 'put back' or inprooved on...

2. MP, SP - they have taken away the 'lean' that you could do before too!

3. SP - the AI in you troops could be better but they are AI and don't take them for granted

4. SP - the enemy AI is MUCH MUCH better that before too... they WILL flank you and throg frags etc...

5. MP - there are 10 maps and I played all, I wish they had a few more bigger maps

6. MP - the maps are much more open, meaning you HAVE to communicate and hold your zone because the enemy will come at you from all directions!

7. MP - you can save your 'class' nd the equpment that goes with it so your not 'looking' for your guns when your re-spawn!

8. MP - you have to pick your gun 'after' your spawn, but look at No. 7

A lot of poeple are put off the dimond thing.. I will do my best to explain it but I find it a feature that is needed in SP, but in MP if you want to run around and just shoot then I understand but if your into tactical game play they this might hlp you achive just that, because you have to find spots so you are not seen in any way! that is after all what stealth is and tactical play is... here goes...

You ONLY get the dimond in SP (might be that same in MP Live) when you or your team mates or the drone (I will come back to that) sees an enemy... I have been is situations where there have been MANY solders all over you and they hasn't been any dimonds or not many untill you get shot, and this is the crutial but... your retcule HAS to be over them for it to come up as a dimond... so it's not like 'oh they are on the screen there is a dimond'

Back to the drone.... again I like this :) yeah I know! Again I think it will help tactical play again.... here is how it works, the drone need to be in 'scanning' mode to get intel and that meand to drop it in altitude for it to be able to scan, but if the enemy see it (in SP or MP) it WILL get shot down then you are in trouble! and it needs a few shot to shoot it!

The guns, scopes, retecule.... I like this as they have changed it again to a much more better 'reallife' feel to them... when scoped in the retecule will move then your scope/you kind of... you know when you look into a camera lens sometimes you see the inside of the lens move round a little, that kind of wht I mean...

Also some of the 'usual guns have 2 step scopes!!! ones I remember SA80, G36K! also on some of them as well as the all the snipers when you are scoped in you have to hold your breath (bars to indicate) to get it steady they shoot more accurately

There is a new feture (left trigget) is anothe scope kind of thing where you just aim cliser without looking throught the scope... quick and easy.. also this will help with accuracy.

One think you can do any more which I thing is good! to to run around when your scoped! you can move, slowly but not run.

in MP the D-Pad is no longer in use... they have moved the action buttom and the crouch/lay is done by the left thumb click, also when you are running you can press and hold to jump forward and laydown for cover! COOL! I think you can do it some way to slide crouch but haven't been able to do that. You can go from laying down to standing up whith the same click so no more getting shot coz you can't move quick enough! hehehe

Just some stuff I have noticed... I'm sure there is more but I will leave you with that for now...

Kileer Boo

PS the camera was off yesturday because my daughter was sick all over the place and I have to take care of her... also today but I will get the camera working again soon! Thanks again guys :)

Great review, mate.

Cheers

There are some things I wish they had 'put back' or inproved on...

Hey man sorry to hear about your lil girl ...hopes she's not doing too bad ...and there I was bashing the F5 on killerboo.com ...a Big get well soon to her.

Yeah one thing about the above post ..."you can't roll" I've watched a few clips where at least in SP you could roll while laying down ...there's like an icon next to the stance indicator that's like a single looped circle/arrow thingie and perhaps the action button when that indicator appears executes the roll

I'll try and attach a mini clip ...if I could do a .gif but no clue ...but I'm sure it's possible to roll

Edited by Trunker

Hey man sorry to hear about your lil girl ...hopes she's not doing too bad ...and there I was bashing the F5 on killerboo.com ...a Big get well soon to her.

Yeah one thing about the above post ..."you can't roll" I've watched a few clips where at least in SP you could roll while laying down ...there's like an icon next to the stance indicator that's like a single looped circle/arrow thingie and perhaps the action button when that indicator appears executes the roll

I'll try and attach a mini clip ...if I could do a .gif but no clue ...but I'm sure it's possible to roll

I will try to have a look at this again a little later... yeah I'm sure you can do it but wasn't able to find out how...

here's my clip ...few secs but it's a roll alright >>>roll

Just tried it...

You have to lay down, left thumb (left or right move) then action button ('Y' Yellow)

MP, shows a little icon bottom left but SP it doesn't

Killer Boo

sorry everyone here, i didnt mean to be rude i hope no one took it that way, i apologize, basically i spent about 10 min on the ubisoft forums, which.....well......usually end up ticking me off. I am sure you can relate, i guess thats why i spend my time here, lol . anyways. sorry for the somewhat harsh comment.

I CANT BELIEVE THEY TOOK OUT THE LEAN IN MP !!!!! are you sure about that Killer Boo, there is NO lean,. that sucks, when i played mp i thought i saw people doing it, but i might have been wrong, now that i think about it, i dont remember doing it.

I'm playing now in MP and looking for the 'lean' and can't find it :(

I will have a look at the manual too...

Killer Boo

Killer Boo

hey killer boo you the clip I posted was for SP and it does have the icon bottom left it sort of pops up and hides ...anyway I read somewhere there was defo a lean ...I think one of either LB or RB is held down and then direction ...should be there

Killer Boo

hey killer boo you the clip I posted was for SP and it does have the icon bottom left it sort of pops up and hides ...anyway I read somewhere there was defo a lean ...I think one of either LB or RB is held down and then direction ...should be there

Yep your right...

'LB' the left thumb in the direction you want to lean :D

COOOOL!

Killer Boo