Intel or Athlon?

Cobblers

Which processor is better for gaming at the moment, an Intel or an Anthlon?

There's no doubt at this point in time AMD is better for gaming. One of the reasons is AMD's CPU runs more instructions per cycle, so although the MHz are less than a P4, it is more powerful. The P4 seems to only be better at things like video encoding at this point. The P4's HT advantage is moot now with dual-cores coming on the market.

The P4 has hit a wall once it came out with it's Prescott line of P4's, and their dual-core design out right now is more a last-minute rush job to compete with the Athlon 64 x2's more elegant design.

This may all change by the end of 2006, when Intel comes out with their Core Duo desktop CPUs. AMD is responding by moving to a new socket and DDR2 memory, so it will be interesting who will be on top by the end of this year.

AMD, atleast theyre newest proccessors. I have an Intel P4 and i dont have any slowness or problems, its better than AMD Athlon original IMO. But that doesent change that theyre new AMD FX and dual cores are way better, mostly for gaming.

I also note, many games dont use as much Proccessor speed as RAM and Video right?