Ghost Recon.net Forums

Silenced Weapons

Hello.

Something that I noticed is Redstorms firm belief that the MP5SD just makes noise from the cyclingaction.

To bad that this isn´t true :(

Is it possible to tweak it a little so that nearby enemis not just may notice when their scripted buddies falls, but also hear the weapons fired from a distance of 10-30 meters? :o=

Check the effects.xml file in the sound folder. I tried messing with this for Vympel, but I think I screwed it up. I *should* let you adjust the audible ranges for every sound file you use in the game.

I think the values are for radius and falloff - but I don't think I got them to work properly. Anybody notice that the suppressed weapons in Vympel aren't actually suppressed? The enemy seems to notice you just as easily as if you were using a regular rifle. I'll have to figure it out before the patch.

If anybody can help us out -- please do.

Earl, I might be wrong, but I was uder the impression that you make the weapon supressed simply by editing the gun.file. While I was testing some weapons, I coded them as supressed, and although I left the sound unchanged, the enemy was reacting like they couldn't hear the gun going off.

I found it more reliable to edit gun.files with notepad then with Igor...so under line <silenced> just enter value "1" instead "0".

Hope it helped ;)

Something that I noticed is Redstorms firm belief that the MP5SD just makes noise from the cyclingaction.

To bad that this isn´t true  :(

I dont know, I think they got it pretty close...check out the video

MP5SD Video

Edited by Cobra6

Streinger - I did make the "silenced" value = 1 but even still some of the AI seemed to act like it wasn't.

My intention was to add some variation to the level of suppression - a suppressed 9x18mm would have a different signature from a suppressed 7.62x39mm.

I think it was the AKMS in Vympel that I first noticed the problem, but also the VSS I think.

Well, Earl, Eastern Block supressors aren't that great anyway. I've heard supposedly 'supressed' AKs, and they still sound pretty damn loud.

As for your VSS, it works. At least when I play it. The AI does react, but not as fast as if I fire unsupressed. I always thought it's due to the above fact.

Out.

Quote:

"It remains that the velocity may go down but because of the (usually) longer barrel accuracy should go up."

Actually the barrel is shorter than a standard MP5; it only extends about half the length of the silencer body.