Night Vision Goggle Cheating

BiggSlic

After watching almost all of the videos on ghostaholic.com, I have noticed that the guys playing are using the goggles during daytime missions to see the heat signatures from enemies. I see this as a problem for multplayer matches. I know there are a plethora of controllable options for these matches but would removing the night vision goggles be included as one of them?

I also noticed that some of these guys have very happy trigger fingers and they love to shoot "full-auto" just to hear the sound...but I digress.

Am I wrong for worrying about this night vision thing or what?

"Server Options Several of the past Ghost Recon games were very customizable. Advanced Warfighter returns to this customization, and may have even more customization. For example, one of the options is the ability to have a limited number of respawns, a limited number of TEAM respawns, or a variety of other characteristics changed such as “no night visionâ€. On top of that the menu system is VERY well put together. As I recall there were several map (radar) settings like "no team on map" and "no map" options.

source - http://www.ick.bz/pdfs/Red_Storm_press_release.pdf

Edited by W1ngsh0t

"Server Options Several of the past Ghost Recon games were very customizable. Advanced Warfighter returns to this customization, and may have even more customization. For example, one of the options is the ability to have a limited number of respawns, a limited number of TEAM respawns, or a variety of other characteristics changed such as “no night vision”. On top of that the menu system is VERY well put together. As I recall there were several map (radar) settings like "no team on map" and "no map" options.

source - http://www.ick.bz/pdfs/Red_Storm_press_release.pdf

Thanks...I am stupid sorry...I even read that whole document... :wacko:

How is something that was designed for the game for everyone to use cheating???? I have the hardest time in the world trying to figure out the logic on that. It may be something you may not like or may not agree with but its in no way, shape or form cheating. If you dissagree I would love to hear the logic behind it.

How is something that was designed for the game for everyone to use cheating????  I have the hardest time in the world trying to figure out the logic on that.  It may be something you may not like or may not agree with but its in no way, shape or form cheating.  If you dissagree I would love to hear the logic behind it.

Do you own a mad catz turbo controller? just asking

I can't say it's cheating, but it sure does take the fun out of tring to play hide and seek with someone who lives off of it. I also have to agree it's not a cheat, but i do have to say it sure is cheap!

It is among the first of many things that are getting turned off when i make my first room online. When it comes to daytime maps its off, but for nighttime it is fine just not when its a daytime map. I like to make everyone work for there kills and not take the cheap way out of getting them. If you want it come and find it the old classic way and if it's to tough for you than move onto the next room.

Well, the good thing about it is that when someone moves while it's on it creates a blur motion effect and basically creates a stretched shadow of the target being looked at through the NV.

Plus, you can throw a Smoke Nade & the Night/Thermal vision wouldn't be able to see through it.

I can't say it's cheating, but it sure does take the fun out of tring to play hide and seek with someone who lives off of it. I also have to agree it's not a cheat, but i do have to say it sure is cheap!

It is among the first of many things that are getting turned off when i make my first room online. When it comes to daytime maps its off, but for nighttime it is fine just not when its a daytime map. I like to make everyone work for there kills and not take the cheap way out of getting them. If you want it come and find it the old classic way and if it's to tough for you than move onto the next room.

Well, I respect that opinion. I even understand why you feel that way. However, I have to disagree with you a bit. I could argue in return that if you really think you have skill the "classic way" you should use a bow and arrow.

Technology advances, techniques and tools of war evolve. You either accept the change or you get slaughtered the old fashion classic way. But on the same note I also believe that the lone wolf weapon in GR2 is very cheap. Exploiding bullets? Using your gun to shoot people while behind cover? I thought it was a good novelty, but it did not, in any way contribute to the bebefit of the gameplay. AT least in my opinion. As you can see, I very much see why you have a gripe. I cant necesarily say the new vision is bad or good until I have at least tried it out. But if I were to enter one of your rooms I wouldnt complain about it being off.

Camaroguy, no I do not own a turbo. I strongly believe that is cheating because it gives the user an unfair advantage over his oponent because he has access to it and his opponent doesnt. Not only that, the game wasnt designed around a turbo controller. It was designed around the standard controller. Any device or exploitation of the game that wasnt designesd as a means to play the game or that allows you an unfair advantage over your oponent is cheating. Another so-called "cheat" is the ots. Again, I dont understand how it is a cheat. It was specifically designed as part of the gameplay for everyone to use. Its the way the game was designed. Because some people dont believe its realistic they call it cheating. To put things in perspective a video game will never be realistic compared to its real life counterpart and there is a million reasons why.

Kinda like Thermal but without the purty colors  :rofl:

Wouldn't daytime temperatures in Mexico City be the same or higher than our body temperatures? If so, would thermal imaging even work?

I know.

Either there are mystical technologies at work here that we cannot possibly expect to comprehend... or the devs didn't over-elaborate for once and said "Okay... people are hot, environment is not" :rofl:

Truth is, I haven't seen one object that would light up on the HV (Hybrid Vision :D ), even things that should be hot, like generators and whatnot. Just the real-time stuff like humans and vehicles... and casings and muzzle flashes.

i asked this same question.

I got a "not in the future" reponse

hehe... That might have been me. :devil:

In the year 2009, the principles of thermal dynamics will change, allowing for this technology to be implemented in any temperature. :whistle:

So you mean just the sweat shows up, and not actual body temperature? Genius! :rofl:

figuring the tech is advanced enough to outline people.

i guess it could possibly filter only human signitures making it brighter, but...

in daytime/hot weather i still dont see it beeing possible unless theres somthing beeing worked on i dont know about

If this is thermal WITH night vision it should just all "wash out" in daytime light.

I don't know what it is like with today's equipment, but MANY years ago I knew a WWII vet that had all of the techno gizmos, and he had a couple pairs of NV. The fact was that if the NV optics were exposed to daytime light it would damage them. Heck, he even said that a car with the highbeam on could cause damage to them.

Maybe the new new stuff made today is different, but they should still "wash out" in daytime light. Not like [GR]/GRIT where you could practically use them on every mission.

If this is thermal WITH night vision it should just all "wash out" in daytime light.

I don't know what it is like with today's equipment, but MANY years ago I knew a WWII vet that had all of the techno gizmos, and he had a couple pairs of NV. The fact was that if the NV optics were exposed to daytime light it would damage them. Heck, he even said that a car with the highbeam on could cause damage to them.

Maybe the new new stuff made today is different, but they should still "wash out" in daytime light. Not like [GR]/GRIT where you could practically use them on every mission.

Well, truth is, it looks more like Thermal... but with a green hue.

Not really sure exactly where the Night Vision ends and the Thermal Vision beings...

Well, truth is, it looks more like Thermal... but with a green hue.

Not really sure exactly where the Night Vision ends and the Thermal Vision beings...

I was gettting the impression that it was NV with a thermal function included. I guess we will find out soon.

• 3 months later...

Reminds me of the tome a split screener accused the rest of the room of cheating by using the over the shoulder view.

By the way, mad catz has released a "turbo controller " for the 360. "Game pad pro"

What they don't tell you, nor do any of the third party hardware reviewers, is the the trigger key cannot be turbo initialized (only the action buttons and left/right bumper)

Has microsoft put a restriction on trigger turbo's. A good thing!

NEUTRILIZER

• 2 weeks later...

How is something that was designed for the game for everyone to use cheating???? I have the hardest time in the world trying to figure out the logic on that. It may be something you may not like or may not agree with but its in no way, shape or form cheating. If you dissagree I would love to hear the logic behind it.

An exploit; utilize for one's own ends, to gain an advantage, happens all the time in every game.

An exploit; utilize for one's own ends, to gain an advantage, happens all the time in every game.

I agree...I would not say it was cheating, however, it kinda takes away from any stealth that the game is desperately trying to hang onto........glow in the dark Night Vision points out targets and just encourages the run & gun style.....its an easy way 2 pick out the enemy.

My group of friends call it 'cheat vision' :P and is always toggle OFF, however if the night vision from GR2 and GRSS were some how introduced via DLC then I would always have it available. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by ReapeR eXe

In the Dev Match RSE's settings for both their map picks had "Night Vision - Off".

And that is one of the great things about GRAW - the ability to tweak server settings to our heart's desire ... or close to it. Now we just need more custom game and kit slots and the ability to name them ... :thumbsup:

In the Dev Match RSE's settings for both their map picks had "Night Vision - Off".

And that is one of the great things about GRAW - the ability to tweak server settings to our heart's desire ... or close to it. Now we just need more custom game and kit slots and the ability to name them ... :thumbsup:

Still, kind of odd. I don't want to be too presumptuous, but if they chose off, then they must prefer that. wouldn't you think? Would you bother to take the time to put something in a game that you knew you didn't like? Couldn't they have inferred from that, the general GR fan would not want to use this new Thermo/NV? Strange.

I would have liked to see NV from GR2 kept in this game.