The best games that never were

chilly-willy

Does anyone recall any game, other than GR2, that they were wating on and sounded like it would be totally cool but it never made it to market.

I can only recall one, it was a Navy Seal game with Richard Marchinko as a consultant. Man I just knew that was going to kick ass but it evaporated. Well correction, there was a follow on project to Falcon 4.0 that died too as I recall.

:o=

Hey Sierra... you stink! Bring back Demo Dickey!

the Babylon 5 Space Sim.

oh yeah, they never really finished the tv series :rocky:

was the game called Into The Fire by Sierra? I can remember some screens

in Valen's Name when I look in the mirror sometimes I see Londo :D

nah, I need a comb...

EDIT: how about Space Quest X: Latex Babes from Estros

Edited by Striker-1991

the Babylon 5 Space Sim.

oh yeah, they never really finished the tv series :rocky:

was the game called Into The Fire by Sierra? I can remember some screens

in Valen's Name when I look in the mirror sometimes I see Londo :D

nah, I need a comb...

EDIT: how about Space Quest X: Latex Babes from Estros

Actually, they did finish the series.

Duke Nukem Forever?

Man, I still hold out hope for that game. DN rocks ! !

GR:AW?

*Hides*

:ph34r::rofl:

Does anyone recall any game, other than GR2, that they were wating on and sounded like it would be totally cool but it never made it to market.

I can only recall one, it was a Navy Seal game with Richard Marchinko as a consultant. Man I just knew that was going to kick ass but it evaporated. Well correction, there was a follow on project to Falcon 4.0 that died too as I recall.

Well considering that the entire SEAL community despises the guy - don't believe what you read - cancellation was a good thing.

Well considering that the entire SEAL community despises the guy - don't believe what you read - cancellation was a good thing.

Sorry off topic Question: This is not the first time I've read this. HF, are you in the position or able to enlighten us to why the SEALs hate this guy?

I've heard that before, and I've read some books that referr to him in unfavorable ways. The original book, Rogue Warrior, I think is most likely true. A bit, one sided and arrogant but true.

You also have to give him credit, he did build SEAL 6 into a serious force very quickly.

Sorry off topic Question: This is not the first time I've read this. HF, are you in the position or able to enlighten us to why the SEALs hate this guy?

He stepped on toes left and right and long story short ended up in prison for a while. I don't think they all dislike him, from what I've read there is a set of guns at the seal UDT museam that were given to him by his men and then placed on display.

I have no first hand knowledge here though so take it for what it's worth.

I go up to Va Beach a bit. As a SOF Frogman, I have ties with that community. I have buds from ST 3 and buds from way back in HALO school. Dick Marcnko is a liar and a thief. he tried to paint a conspiracy but the fact is he was abusing funds. Not in a cool "We needed this so we acquired it" sort of way. But rather in a personal gain way. Illegal and dishonorable.

Bob 'the Eagle' Gallagher was one of the most respected SEALs from the Vietnam era. As he stated, "I love Dick Marcinko like a brother. But the fact is the incident on that boat never happened". The people that know Marcinko and the other SEAL he claims to have grabbed in anger also know that guy would have torn Marcinko's lungs out.

You need to read this book:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/052594326...glance&n=283155

You will see the mess Bob Gormly had to clean up. Also insulting is the fact that Marcinko has alluded numerous times to the fact that he had a bigger hand in the heroic action of Drew Dix. I am not sayiong the guy did not do a great deal that should be looked on with repect. But he also isn't the guy he paints himself to be.

Some boooks just need to be cross referenced. Case and point:

http://www.navyfrogmen.com/SOF4.html

He stepped on toes left and right and long story short ended up in prison for a while. I don't think they all dislike him, from what I've read there is a set of guns at the seal UDT museam that were given to him by his men and then placed on display.

If you are talking about the UDT museum in Ft Pierce, that is natural as Jim Watson was, and may still be, the curator there.

Latest editions of the Speedball series. Used to live that on my Amiga and PC. Pity they went console only. :(

Oh and Guantlet, yet another game I used to love playing which they haven't brought out on the PC. The original was superb fun to play.

I go up to Va Beach a bit. As a SOF Frogman, I have ties with that community. I have buds from ST 3 and buds from way back in HALO school. Dick Marcnko is a liar and a thief. he tried to paint a conspiracy but the fact is he was abusing funds. Not in a cool "We needed this so we acquired it" sort of way. But rather in a personal gain way. Illegal and dishonorable.

Bob 'the Eagle' Gallagher was one of the most respected SEALs from the Vietnam era. As he stated, "I love Dick Marcinko like a brother. But the fact is the incident on that boat never happened". The people that know Marcinko and the other SEAL he claims to have grabbed in anger also know that guy would have torn Marcinko's lungs out.

You need to read this book:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/052594326...glance&n=283155

You will see the mess Bob Gormly had to clean up. Also insulting is the fact that Marcinko has alluded numerous times to the fact that he had a bigger hand in the heroic action of Drew Dix. I am not sayiong the guy did not do a great deal that should be looked on with repect. But he also isn't the guy he paints himself to be.

Some boooks just need to be cross referenced. Case and point:

http://www.navyfrogmen.com/SOF4.html

I enjoyed Gromley's book, it was quite good. I'm still a Marchinko fan though, at least the fictionalized version anyway.

My alltime favorite SEAL book to date is Warrior Soul by Chuck Pharr. I felt as though every word in that book was fact. What's the communities attitude toward his writings?

If you are talking about the UDT museum in Ft Pierce, that is natural as Jim Watson was, and may still be, the curator there.

Yes that must be it. I'm saying the act of presenting Marchinko the guns in the first place says something, he can't be all bad.

Edited by chilly-willy