GRAW PC slips to..... sometime!

Rocky

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't being mean to Colin, just a little teasing. I quite respect the way he stays polite even when we dissagree streneously. ;)

Rocky: If that's the rule about not mentioning dev or UBI staff by name then we'll follow it (although i don't even know any of their names) . . .but i cant help but ask why the need for the rule. Surely their names are on public record and these days team members are used as the face of the games they make with all the dev diaries etc and interviews. So why the censorship on refering to them?

Also, i'ts been said before that we are silly for being passionate about games. I could ask you the same question. You guys put a lot of work into this site and we all enjoy and appreciate the benefits of it but it has to take some passion and dedication to make this site work. If anyone should understand how this is 'more than just a game' it should be you GR.net lads right ???????

Also, you are being a little naugty in saying that it's just been delayed a few weeks. It's an incremental thing isnt it. I mean realistically to us pc players not only has it been delayed something like 8 months now since the very first release date but . . . . . if you factor in GR2 it's been actually years.

delay, delay, delay, cancelled, delay, delay delay. The dissapointment builds up you know.

Rocky:  If that's the rule about not mentioning dev or UBI staff by name then we'll follow it (although i don't even know any of their names) . . .but i cant help but ask why the need for the rule.

Well, attacking a UBI/GRIN/RSE worker by name could easily break rule:

[3.2] Personal attacks : Any posts containing personal or racist attacks will be edited or deleted and the originating account risks banning.

Rocky:  If that's the rule about not mentioning dev or UBI staff by name then we'll follow it (although i don't even know any of their names) . . .but i cant help but ask why the need for the rule. Surely their names are on public record and these days team members are used as the face of the games they make with all the dev diaries etc and interviews. So why the censorship on refering to them?

The point was that people we directing comments towards specific people who may, or may not, have had a part in the decision. The comments were not only negative but also attacking them. So the rule isn't new, but apparently it needed to be made clear again.

Rocky:  If that's the rule about not mentioning dev or UBI staff by name then we'll follow it (although i don't even know any of their names) . . .but i cant help but ask why the need for the rule. Surely their names are on public record and these days team members are used as the face of the games they make with all the dev diaries etc and interviews. So why the censorship on refering to them?

I'm going to take a stab at it because I should be working.

But already, I've seen a couple of posts in this thread along the nature of "I bet so and so is doing X" that are a little disparriging...and more posts (in plenty of threads) along the lines of "Hey so and so, get here and confirm this for me, etc."

We're already tossing around company/studio names full of speculation, blame, and personal conclusions (e.g. "It has got to be ZZZ. Damn them!") that are basically just that. How many of these posts are based on actual "knowing" that is the real way of things as opposed to "these are the way the 'facts' make sense"?

Dragging the names of individual developers or other staff into this not only makes this one degree worse, but is unfair to them. Many of this take their personal time to visit these forums, only to be greeted with accusation and "I deserve to know this" demands...calling them out over trite matters, and putting extra pressure on them from both these boards and from within their own companies). It's also not fair to the staff of GR.net by putting them at risk of losing these great community resources even after working their tail off to make these forums welcoming.

I think Messers Berry, Buck, Mills and Stipes (or was it Mills and Boon) summed it up when they said

That's great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes, an aeroplane,

Lenny Bruce is not afraid

Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn - world

Serves its own needs, dont misserve your own needs. Feed

It off an aux speak, grunt, no, strength,turn, ladder

Start to clatter with fear fight down height. Wire

In a fire, representing seven games, in a government

For hire and a combat site. Left of west and coming in

A hurry with the furies breathing down your neck. Team

By team reporters baffled, trumped, tethered cropped

Look at that low playing! Fine, then. Uh oh,

Overflow, population, common food, but it'll do. Save

Yourself, serve yourself. World serves its own needs,

Listen to your heart bleed dummy with the rapture and

The revered and the right, right. You vitriolic,

Patriotic, slam, fight, bright light, feeling pretty

Psyched

It's the end of the world as we know it

It's the end of the world as we know it

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine"

Oh by the way 2 UK troops were killed in Iraq today with at least 50 other people killed in other incidents in or around Bagdad city. As Rocky said this aint gonna make the front pages of any news sites.

Where is Colin to tell us how it's actualy a great thing to have the delay and that UBI just care about us so much that they want to make the most perfect game possible?

I am trying to find out who and why, AND IM HAVING A DRINK.

You can bug me when I get an answer, and I will get an answer even if I have to stay on the phone allnight.

Where is Colin to tell us how it's actualy a great thing to have the delay and that UBI just care about us so much that they want to make the most perfect game possible?

You can bug me when I get an answer, and I will get an answer even if I have to stay on the phone allnight.

Okay, I nailed two Jameson's in a row. I'm finally calm again. To those who seem to wonder why we are upset, for me personally:

I tend to play these games to Unstress. And they do a mighty job at that! But it has a timespan. Being spoiled by other games, you just get excited about your old favourite companion being revived.

Now, I don't mind about the delay. It will have a reason. Either marketing or technical wise.

What I do mind is the utter lack of information and respect to it's customers. As to GR on the PC-platform. I think the majority is above the age of 18, so-called adults, please treat us in that sense!

All in all flabergasted. Just some simple official statement would be enough.

My 2 dimes!

Cheers

Edited by M95-Sniper

:thumbsup: This is the reason guys you are all here at gr.net rather than at gr.com. The staff here is really on your side! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: This is the reason guys you are all here at gr.net rather than at gr.com. The staff here is really on your side! :thumbsup:

We appreciate it, mate. Thumbs up!

Here's something to chew on. Someone over at the UBI forums has suggested that UBI has zilch to show at E3, so they're saving GR:AW PC for E3 where they can make a big splash with GR:AW AND the AGEia card at the same time.

Interesting thought.

--Logos

Sickeningly crap news I have to say <_< .

Well that gives me plenty of time to upgrade my PC with extra bits (anyway) plus now im heading straight over and watching progress & release of :

FSW:10 Hammers

And ...

Waiting and dribbling for GTR2 :D

GRIN although still get payed I hope arent getting annoyed as much as we are with the work they have put into it .... mind you, I cant tell what they put into it ... we havent SEEN anything apart from a few screens ... LOL.

Maybe its a joke and GRIN actualy develope XBOX and shoved us piccies at lower res to keep us going ... its a conspiracy .... were dooooooooomed!!!! :ph34r::ph34r::D

Here's something to chew on.  Someone over at the UBI forums has suggested that UBI has zilch to show at E3, so they're saving GR:AW PC for E3 where they can make a big splash with GR:AW AND the AGEia card at the same time.

Interesting thought.

--Logos

That would be awesome a hole booth just for GRAW PC I could definitely go for that!

Here's something to chew on.  Someone over at the UBI forums has suggested that UBI has zilch to show at E3, so they're saving GR:AW PC for E3 where they can make a big splash with GR:AW AND the AGEia card at the same time.

Interesting thought.

--Logos

That would be awesome a hole booth just for GRAW PC I could definitely go for that!

If they don't come out with GRAW PC they may have a hole in the booth! :whistle:

I'm sick and tired of this. I really have no other way to say things.

UBI needs to talk to their customers like their best friends. It is beyond me what fool is in charge of dealing with GRAW for UBI but if the best way they see to announce a delay is through their reports rather than a direct statement to the community, then they need serious help.

The last time I spent money in UBI was in 2002 when I bought Ghost Recon. First and last time if GRAW fails.

Another thing, with all the time they're wasting this game better be just like what we picture, I don't want any ###### of not being able to develop everything due to a time frame or no resources. This is ridiculous.

Advanced Warfighter on PC slips into second quarter, and Untold Legends 2 and Field Commander slip into May, amongst other delays.

With so many titles scheduled for release in March, it seemed inevitable that some would face a delay of some kind. After the recent Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter release date shuffling, it looks like the PC version has fallen behind schedule and will now miss its targeted March 31 release. The game has now been given an unspecified quarter-two release date. The Xbox 360 version is a go for March 10, followed by the Xbox version on March 17, with the PlayStation 2 game hitting stores on March 31.

There's your answer right there, folks.

It's all about the lunchboxes. You can bet on it.