ACU question

kjs7

I have a question about the ACU

I saw a picture of the ACU in 3 different colors. Grey/Blueish, Green, and desert brown/tan.

Now, why isnt the military using the desert pattern for Iraq? It would work better than the blue color, or green color ACU.....

Ill try to find the pic of the different ACU colors and post it here.

EDIT:

100732076.jpg

Edited by kjs7

It's really a question of co-ordination. Unfortunately, the desert pattern clashes with darker colours like those found in other gear such as webbing, boots and not to forget rifles! Obviously, it just isn't right to go out dressed in such a mish-mash of badly matching colours, so instead it is given that they go with what co-ordinates, and in a lot of cases brings out the colour of your eyes. After all, it is important for the enemy to see your eyes and know how much you intend to kick his ***, just as its important to project the image of someone who despite being a long way from home and in such a hostile environment, can still look the part, which thus sends them running for cover. I'm partically excited by this seasons use of the colour blue, a welcome addition to the slightly conventional green, brown and black, I can't wait to see what accessories they put out with it!

I have a question about the ACU

I saw a picture of the ACU in 3 different colors. Grey/Blueish, Green, and desert brown/tan.

Now, why isnt the military using the desert pattern for Iraq? It would work better than the blue color, or  green color ACU.....

Ill try to find the pic of the different ACU colors and post it here.

EDIT:

100732076.jpg

iraqifamily1kk.jpg

the stuff in the pic right above is ACU, and the other patterns farther up are the marines digital camo. the marines have two variations(not big on the marine gear), one for desert, and one for woodland. the army decided to do one pattern for both, and the ACU was born.

i like the ACU myself, but havent really worn it or anything.

here's a fun fact, since my dad graduated from USMA in the 70's, i was talking to him the other day about the ACU's when he was buyin his new set, and he had said that he has worn like 8 different uniform types, cant remember exactly what they all were but it was weird listening to all the different types he was naming off...

ill try to get the list of all the different uni's he has worn and post them wit pics later...

DR12

ACU's work very well in a desert AO, but if we get deployed to a jungle woodland type ao its back to bdu's.

i like the ACU's my self, unfortunatly they are as durable as the bdu's, ripped the crotch out of a pair this weekend takin a knee, it started as a hole the size of a silver dollar and turned into a rip clear dow the seem of my leg to my knee.

the velco, meaning no sewing, the glint tape, the pockets, and material that doesnt allow you to startch, all make a great combo.

just dont wash them with standard detergents, you'll light up under NODs after several cycles.