YOTM Help thread

Keen

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi YOTM Staff,

about Insertion and Extraction.

Today I started Mission I again - I'm actually at Mission 9, unfortunatly I had the same

Problem as days ago as I started Mission I the first time.

The Chopper simply failed the touchdown at the Insertion Zone. He stopped at the

Ground for a few seconds out of the Screen, you can only see the end of the Tail.

Then the Machine flies with the Seals to the end of the Map. The Unit is then placed

on a Rock and can't move.

At Mission IV, I had to steal the Sampan, I used stealth and placed the charge and set

my Man at the Extraction Point via the Boat - nothing goes. I had to kill all Enemys to

ectract my Seals. The Extraction Cinematique shows the Sampan leaving without my

Unit.

All the other Missions and Cinematiques worked great! ;)

Greetings, Keen

Edited by Keen

ok..where to start.

The heli missing the drop point in mission 1 is a rare issue that seems to be happening on a few rigs. We so havnt been able to troubleshoot it or even get the problem to happen to us.

For mission 5 (the sampan stealing one), am I correct in assuming that you were not spotted by any enemys? Because I think if you were spotted, you have to kill them all..and I think you also have to have all of your troops at the boat. I'll have to go back and review that mission more.

Also, the reason why you dont see any troops in the boat during the exit cinema is because GR has this issue where it will load up all troops even if they have been killed. Dead troops in the boat look really funny so a fix for the issue was to just an empty boat leaving.

Bottom line...use your imagination and pretend they are hiding behind the crates.

First off this is an amazing mod. We at Phoenix Soldiers just can't seem to get enough of it.

X69RZX, those bots rock as usual :thumbsup: .

Did you also use the bots mixed in with standard tango AI for any of the co-op missions?

If you guys plan on making a future patch/add-on, please make the co-op missions for multiple teams. :yes:

silent_op

ok..where to start.

The heli missing the drop point in mission 1 is a rare issue that seems to be happening on a few rigs.  We so havnt been able to troubleshoot it or even get the problem to happen to us.

For mission 5 (the sampan stealing one), am I correct in assuming that you were not spotted by any enemys?  Because I think if you were spotted, you have to kill them all..and I think you also have to have all of your troops at the boat.  I'll have to go back and review that mission more.

Also, the reason why you dont see any troops in the boat during the exit cinema is because GR has this issue where it will load up all troops even if they have been killed.  Dead troops in the boat look really funny so a fix for the issue was to just an empty boat leaving.

Bottom line...use your imagination and pretend they are hiding behind the crates.

Nothing of that is a problem in my opinion. See my post just as report not as

criticism.

I'm sure you have a vital interest of YOTM in progress. This is my reason for

writing the post " ... about Insertion and Extraction"

Thanks and Greetings

Edited by Keen

I can't get the installer to run. It keeps telling me the file contains invalid data. I could only d/l from filefront, as the YOTM main site doesn't seem to be available. Has anyone else had problems with the download or have any suggestions?

I would also like to add a "Thank you!!" to all the modders that put in a lot of work for people like us. I do not hardly ever post and play mostly single player. I have had the life of this game greatly extended mostly due to the qualitly and availability of mods.

I can't get the installer to run.  It keeps telling me the file contains invalid data.  I could only d/l from filefront, as the YOTM main site doesn't seem to be available.  Has anyone else had problems with the download or have any suggestions?

Sounds like the download got corrupted somehow, try 3d-retreat.

I tried the 3d-retreat download. Whenever I try to click the "download" button, I get "the page cannot be displayed". I checked my settings, and everything appears fine. I'm at a loss, as I've never had problems like this before. Does anyone know if the YOTM main site is down, or is it just some problem unique to me?

Edited by FletchWatson

i can only say that i DL'd the yotm installer from their site and that

it's worked great.

go to download and click on the download link.

you'll get a new window with this adress http://files.3dretreat.com/file.asp?fileid=664

click on download, bottom left corner.

if it not starts after 5 secs , follow instructions.

Ok...first of all....YOTM is freaking amazing...

and now on to my problem...

For my CO-OP team....3 of my 4 custom players appear fine....the 4th...his jungle face does not appear.....when I add in his junglemodelface.....the game then just crashes to the desktop.....take them out....and again my buddies face and forearm texture disappears.....other 3 work fine

Anyone have a problem like this before?

HACK

face and forearm textures??? thats really wierd.  unlike IT, the face and forarm textures for the yotm characters are not linked..i

f you could send me a pic, i would really appreciate it. osburt@hotmail.com

Well..I dont think it is just YOTM....I removed it from my selected mods...and I still have the problem on jungle maps..

I take off JungleModelFace and I get not face....I put them in...and I crash to the desktop.

here is my IKE ( I will go post this in the chr modding forum as it does not appear to be YOTM)

HACK

***** User's system configuration *****

CPU: GenuineIntel 1140 MHz Pentium III Coppermine

RAM: 512 MB

O/S: Microsoft Windows 2000 5.1 Service Pack 2 build 2600

Ghost Recon (RELEASE) version = 1.4.0.0(0)

RSDisplayMgr::CreateGameWindow: Creating a 1024x768 window at 0,0 on monitor Dell 1726T-HS/D1025HT attached to NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4800 SE

RSDisplayMgr::CreateGameWindow: Game running on primary display Dell 1726T-HS/D1025HT attached to NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4800 SE

HAL (hw vp): NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4800 SE R5G6B5

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file ike_fx_fire_type2.tga

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file ike_fx_fire_type2.rsb

Unable to find ike_fx_fire_type2.tga anywhere.

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file lighthalo_effect3.rsb

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file lighthalo_effect3.rsb

Unable to find lighthalo_effect3.rsb anywhere.

RSSoundMgrPC: Selecting sound device SB Live! Audio [FFE0]

driver is ctaud2k.sys

RSSoundManager: EAX 2.0 Support Detected

UIHuman: Could not initialize models for Reno

UIHuman: Could not initialize models for Reno

Not a major issue, just thought I would give a heads up.

After playing mission 11, I'm getting an errror in my ike.log:

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file demoshortsleeve1_cuba.chr

There is no file that matches that in the mod. There is a file named demoshortsleeve1.chr in the mod. Are there bad references somewhere that are looking for the wrong file name?

**edit

After further investigating, I found 45 occurances where demoshortsleeve1_cuba.chr is being referenced, in .atr files, yet no file found by that name exists.

Edited by Vir2L

you're right, there is no file named demoshortsleeve1_cuba.chr.

it's just GR looking for a _cuba file cos there is a jungle tag in the .env file.

like in island thunder.

if GR can't find a _cuba file, it turns and shows the plain demoshortsleeve1.chr file.

face and forearm textures??? thats really wierd.  unlike IT, the face and forarm textures for the yotm characters are not linked..i

f you could send me a pic, i would really appreciate it. osburt@hotmail.com

Well..I dont think it is just YOTM....I removed it from my selected mods...and I still have the problem on jungle maps..

I take off JungleModelFace and I get not face....I put them in...and I crash to the desktop.

here is my IKE ( I will go post this in the chr modding forum as it does not appear to be YOTM)

HACK

Just a heads up....the problem has been fixed....Dont know what I did......But I went and got the file in question from my buddy...copied it into the main program and it worked...so evidently I just was typing something wrong....but again...everything is A O K

THanks for the help

HACK

Hats off to you, gentlemen. What a great mod... atmosphere, music, I've not felt this level of immersion since Frostbite, and that's saying something, since I'm only on mission three.

Actually, I'd probably still be on mission one if it hadn't been for the old heli drop problem...

ok..where to start.

The heli missing the drop point in mission 1 is a rare issue that seems to be happening on a few rigs.  We so havnt been able to troubleshoot it or even get the problem to happen to us.

Beautiful cinematic - but I'm left halfway up that mountain. FWIW, I've tried that old teleporting trick that you could use to drop off the cliff into the Frostbite Eagle's Nest sniper mission: ie

enter

teamsuperman

teleport -170 -100

enter

which teleports me nicely to the intended DZ. Unfortunately, once I'm there, I can't move. On one occasion I could shoot, the other times I couldn't. (And I so wanted to see those snipers in the trees, and the gooks working in their paddies!!)

Any clues there for you devs? eg for a little tiny actor activation patch or something?

But again - *what* a great mod!! Thanks to you all!!

:thumbsup:

Theo

hi YOTM dev group!

have tested to play the shinto temple firefight. very nice indeed guys.

good idea to have the ai bot.

but when i look at my ike.log there seem to be a missing file, eo_temple_candle.rsb

have tried to search for it in the folder, but i can't find it.

can you shed some light over this?

does anyone else have this problem?

best regards/ ingeloop

This is a Great Mod, loved it! :thumbsup:

However...

The players guns' sound only comes out of my right speaker. Tango guns sounds work beautifully :)

Gun sounds from other mods/stock EPs work fine... tried tweaking my sound/speaker setings, but no dice... :(

Other than that, good job!

The players guns' sound only comes out of my right speaker. Tango guns sounds work beautifully  :) 

OOOPS! This is so embarassing, :stupid: I was using a new soundcard on previous soundcard's drivers, all solved now.

So now I can say that this is the awesome-est mod to come out in a very long time! :thumbsup:

Edited by The Worm

• 4 weeks later...

To the Dev Team.

Thnx once again for YOTM, we really enjoy it. Also quick thanks to Rebar for his new adaptions to come.

Problems we at 9MS are having lately:

Ever since we all have installed the mod we regulary have other server issues, when NOT using the mod.

1. Our dedicated server experiences lag now regulary.

2. We often freeze on the after-action screen.

3. We often drop a member from the server when using other mods.

4. When the mod is activated we have no issues at all.

I always ensure that we use YOTM alone, or in the future with Rebar`s extras.

When not in use it is taken out of the servers GR/MOD folder.

There is no indication at all that YOTM has caused any of these issues, but we never had them before it was installed. All members have been advised to take the mod out of there GR/MOD folder when not in use. Can someone confirm that if you are not using YOTM it should be:

a> removed from your mod folder completly by all people in the server and obviously the hosts...

b> left in the mod folder but not activated.

Also is it fine to activate YOTM but leave other mods in your GR/MOD folder, although you must ensure they are de-activated?

We really do like these mods and hope this is a seperate incident but any info would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this info is already posted, i can`t find any.

Thnx

Tinker

:(

If YOTM is activated for SP without using the launcher (I hate them; in my experience launcher=trouble), YOTM runs fine but none of the DS, IT, or Original GR missions are available any longer under the QM Menu?

Can anyone explain why? Please. :unsure: