YOTM Released!

Rocky

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can only agree to the praise said above.

big, big congratulations and two thumbs up for all the YOTM mod crew.

you've done a great job and it's really pleasing to try and play this

good campaign.

im also helping the converting wizard vir2l to port yotm to mac and i

think we're almost there.

good job guys :thumbsup:

best regadrs/ ingeloop

Great mod!  However, on "Silent Hunters", unable to steal the Sampan!  I assemble the team at the mappoint but nothing happens.

I don't have an answer as to what's going on with that as I also assembled my team to steal the sampan and nothing happened. I then tried the mission with one soldier and it worked fine. :unsure:

Congrats to the entire Mod Team, Good Job and Well Done! :thumbsup:

A lot of big mods are cut and paste jobs from different prior mods, you can tell, but YOTM..... every flows together beautifully into a complete whole... :thumbsup: like a seamless tile-able texture. Hard to put into words...

Oh, and I've been to Vietnam a few times (working), and the countryside really looks like that, the maps are spot on :yes:

Edited by The Worm

Since Tinker alerted 9ManSquad to this mod we have been addicted.

Its been loaded on our server and we just love the detail, music and the game play. The little things such as the tree snipers, lack of NVG, all of those things add up to a very, very professional mod.

Hats off to the development team from all at 9ManSquad.

*S*

:D

Edited by 9MS FISHER

Mix YOTM with your other mods. Set YOTM to highest priority. Your command map will only show your Ghosts and your NVG will be disabled. This makes for example, Alpha Squad missions even more challenging and exciting.

I don't advise doing night missions in others mods this way. The tangos will still have their original spotting distance.

What the heck, it makes it more challenging.

silent_op

I know this isn't really the right place to post this but can someone tell me who made the shades attachment for the CIA guy and how I can contact them.

Cheers.

P.S. I'm still fighting my way though the missions - excellent atmospherics! I can see why the U.S developed the doctrine of recon through firepower.

Off topic, but there's a WOI Map Pack that includes the pacific theater maps.  all you need to do is preactivate that mod to use them in yours, if they'll help.

I know what you mean, but it makes no sense for me. If i preactivate the YOTM Mod, i have to play with the YOTM Soldiers. But EOC will not contain any Soldiers, its a Mission Mod only. (BTW, EOC plays in Future ) It would be better (and simpler ) to include the Maps.

I havent this Prob with the WOI PT Mod, there was Maps inside only.

So i ask you if its allowed ti INCLUDE the Maps for EOC ?

Off topic, but there's a WOI Map Pack that includes the pacific theater maps.  all you need to do is preactivate that mod to use them in yours, if they'll help.

I know what you mean, but it makes no sense for me. If i preactivate the YOTM Mod, i have to play with the YOTM Soldiers. But EOC will not contain any Soldiers, its a Mission Mod only. (BTW, EOC plays in Future ) It would be better (and simpler ) to include the Maps.

I havent this Prob with the WOI PT Mod, there was Maps inside only.

So i ask you if its allowed ti INCLUDE the Maps for EOC ?

I wasn't addressing the use of YOTM maps for your mod, was only pointing out that WOI had some usable ones already. Use of YOTM content is solely up to SkyJockey/TheBlakeness/HotPants/WhateverHisNewestNameIs

Sixpence,

the maps from yotm is kind of a touchy subject. Since so much blood, sweat and tears went into making them, and I didnt personally build them myself, I dont really feel comfortable giving the go ahead on them without the rest of the team's blessing.

So until I can get a word from the rest of the team on how they feel about that, Im gonna unfortunately tell you no. I hope you understand that its really just not my call.

Sixpence,

the maps from yotm is kind of a touchy subject.  Since so much blood, sweat and tears went into making them, and I didnt personally build them myself, I dont really feel comfortable giving the go ahead on them without the rest of the team's blessing.

So until I can get a word from the rest of the team on how they feel about that, Im gonna unfortunately tell you no.  I hope you understand that its really just not my call.

Many Thx for your kind Words and I understand your Point. In this Case I drop the EOC Mod completly, it makes no sense with other Maps. :(

Edited by Sixpence

Just curious, but what's that liitle geyser in the day/night "steal sampan mission" map? Sometimes there's one, sometimes two. :D

Looks like a helper point ran off and hid in the bushes. :lol:

Oh, BTW, did I mention that the maps are totally awesome? They easily meet or exceed the standard set by RSE :thumbsup:

Edited by The Worm

make sure your kit restrictions were correct.  we used to test in co-op all the time with no probs.

You're right! My bad. There are 3 or 4 kits titled "Not for YOTM", so as I clicked next kit, they didn't change. I assumed there was only the one kit type allowed. But now I've found the other kits.

Finished YOTM a few days ago and must say BRAVO for a great mod. :clapping: Wished all 13 missions would have been battle missions since I only play SP but this mod still takes a place along side Frostbite as top notch. :thumbsup: