YOTM Released!

Rocky

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more i play this mod the more impressed i get. Between Frostbite WOI and YOTM the GR community really has some amazing expansion packs. IMO as good if not better than the origional game and expansions themselves. just goes to show what can be done with talented modders and a good game to start with.

Just like to say that this is THE best "unoffical expansion" since Frostbite.

Excelent work. Im busy at the moment and only been on Mission 1 and cant get a decent angle on the damn sniper(s) ... grrrrrrrrrrr.

I have tried a few firefights with some open maps and the maps are pro top-end business without fail.

THE only thing that "niggled" me was some of the gun sound FX one of them is a bit "gated" / dry ... not much reverb on the end after shot ... mind you who cares! this is as they say "off the hook" in certain places where kids hang outside the shopping centers / Malls :P:D

Anyone going to do a CD cover / label for download like Frostbite so I can package this little puppy up and stand it amongst my other GR cases?

Infact ... anyone got the raw artwork, id be happy to make the CD cover/label artwork for this loverly mod, I havent helped on anything since ive been on these forums so thats something I could do ... if creators see this then PM me.

hell, its another game! great job boys!

I had to try miss 1 5 times to realize that there were snipers on trees! simply, for me was "impossibe", and didn't care about those "movin things" between the leaves! heehhe

and also the night battle of mission 3: walk between al those tracers is pretty fantastic!

lookin forward for all ya guys workin on GR:AW ehhehe

This mod turned out awsome! :D I had to go through all the moving boxes to find my GR cds and reinstall the game. After not playing GR for about 2 years I felt pretty stupid on the first mission. Snipers! In the trees? :wall: That was cool.

Anyway, been playing one mission a night. It's pretty cool to see my work in the mod. :P I love how you incorporated my DSHK (dish-kah) machine gun. I should've contributed a lot more but my hobbies have changed. ;)

Thanks for giving me credit in the readme.txt file.

Jay Hodgin

M96Jay

Thanks for giving me credit in the readme.txt file.

Jay Hodgin

M96Jay

It goes where its deserved. For those of you who didnt know, Jay was an early member of the team and perhaps the only person who could rival me in Vietnam era SEAL trivia.

Many of the mods neat little features are a direct result of him

OK , i played now the whole Mod and have to say: Congrats to the Team ! IMO the best inofficial Expansion Pack for Ghost Recon 1 !

OK, and here ist the Question: Is it allowed to use the Maps for my ESSENCE OF COMBAT Mod ?

Need Jungle Maps, and the YOTM Maps are great for this Mod.

Release Date is in Summer 2006 !

Edited by Sixpence

I'm having a spot of bother with mission 3, the night one with the demo and rescue objectives, and all that tracer fire. If I use quick save or load I get CTD'd so I could do with a hand here :thumbsup:

After you meet up with the friendlies at the very start, is it best to loop back around and go up the west side of the map (across the river) as is kind of hinted at in the briefing, or do you guys go straight for the downed chopper then up to the villages (which is not the order the briefing says to go for).

I keep losing team members to all that incoming fire :wall:

I didn't lose anybody to the DSHKs for some reason, I think they were concentrating their fire on the Air Cav guys.

I went straight toward the chopper, took out the gunners and went up the East side to the village, then came back down the West side after I had the hostages, securing the chopper on the way.

I'm having a spot of bother with mission 3, the night one with the demo and rescue objectives, and all that tracer fire. If I use quick save or load I get CTD'd so I could do with a hand here  :thumbsup:

After you meet up with the friendlies at the very start, is it best to loop back around and go up the west side of the map (across the river) as is kind of hinted at in the briefing, or do you guys go straight for the downed chopper then up to the villages (which is not the order the briefing says to go for).

I keep losing team members to all that incoming fire  :wall:

I personally go straight up the rice paddys towards the chopper, mostly so the demo objective will already be done when i have the POWs.

I cant explain the CTD when using quick save, but i have to admit that this wasnt a feature that i personally tested on the missions. I know for a fact that saving the long way does work because i regularly had to use that.

As for losing men....I found that on that mission I kind of liked to have a smaller team just so it was less bodies to worry about. I know that there were times i got sniped just while trying to get the brieing from the SGT.

hey rocky. it works for me if i put all team members accross the river, take a lone sniper up to the hostages,picking 'em off as you go. you may wanna position your other team members behind some cover to deal with the little suprise coming from behind.

hope this is what you were after. if not, ignore this post!

rock on. haha, too funny....no really. ill get my coat..

ypu know a thing rocky? u should put some new voices, such as "die ######***" and so on, as in vietcong buahahahah (I was really collapsing on my PC when i heard the instructor in the training, ir reminds me Full Metal Jacket, the 1st part)

What the hell, great job, its a new experience!

FYI to the dev team.

We are almost done converting the mod to a mac friendly format. All that is left is fixing some of the .rsb textures that are showing up as rainbows on our side, and it should be done.

I'm guessing we'll be complete by Wednesday, March 8th.