Biggest Armed Robbery in Britain

the.ronin

I gotta tell you this story reads like something out of a Bruce Willis flick ... I mean, kidnapping the head security dude and threatening him with his family???

Talk about life imitating art here.  The scary part is that it worked.

The two north hollywood shooters used Heat as an influence on their bank robbing attempt. Least no one was hurt in this one.

I dunno, according to that, they had a lot of time between the robbery and the police being alerted to the crime, and Kent isn't really that far from Heathrow, is it? Smart thing to do would be split the cash between them and jump the first EasyJet flights out to anywhere, then you're gone.

That said, Rocky, if you were to need a safehouse somewhere, I dunno, say in the NorthWest of England to store anything or anyone at all, I'm sure I could put ya up in the spare room.*

* For a small cut of course :whistle:

According to the news report I read, the workers that were bound up were able to set off the alarm an hour after they fled. Considering they took off about 2.15 in the morning, streets virtually empty, and assuming the same degree of mastermind planning went into the getaway procedure, I wouldn't be surprised if they were in Jaco, Costa Rica, enjoying the women by now.

They must have really good internet connection in Costa Rica since I still see Rocky logged on here now and then.

I wonder how the bad guys got the handguns? Is the security in the UK allowed to have guns?

hand guns are all but totaly banned over here but what's happened in this case and what the gov't dont realize is anti gun laws are only going to affect the law abiding who wouldn't do anything illegal with them in the 1st place... i'm a nice normal (relatively speaking :P ) mostly law abiding person but i could if i wanted have a hand gun & ammo within a couple hours if not less

I wonder how the bad guys got the handguns? Is the security in the UK allowed to have guns?

hand guns are all but totaly banned over here but what's happened in this case and what the gov't dont realize is anti gun laws are only going to affect the law abiding who wouldn't do anything illegal with them in the 1st place... i'm a nice normal (relatively speaking :P ) mostly law abiding person but i could if i wanted have a hand gun & ammo within a couple hours if not less

According to NCIS there are some 4 million, yeah that is correct, 4 MILLION illegal firearms in England. Of course more than 90% of these are handguns.

You can ban all the guns you want, people will just ship them in illegally from a small factory in the jungles of SE Asia, or wherever else you can find them.

Heck, there are illegal manufacturers in virtually every country. I wouldn't be surprised if a small number of those guns were made in England. Of course you wouldn't find a Made In England stamp on them. <_<