Ghost Recon.net Forums

First of all, who exactly cleared and confirmed this date on UBI's side? I hope it wasn't another Dutch website owner (ok, I couldn't resist :P ).

That demo news was a big let down. I hope this March 31st PC launch date sticks.

Rocky, do you have any (real) news on a GR:AW PC Demo by any chance?

silent_op

Edited by silent_op
First of all, who exactly cleared and confirmed this date on UBI's side? I hope it wasn't another Dutch website owner (ok, I couldn't resist  :P  ).

That demo news was a big let down. I hope this March 31st PC launch date sticks.

Rocky, do you have any (real) news on a GR:AW PC Demo by any chance?

silent_op

Exactly.

we can't trust anyone anymore..... its all a pack of lies. :P

The ONLY thing I'm sure of at this point is that we will not find out one way or another until just before 31 March 2006 - it's a secret which is being jealously guarded.

I've just spent the last few mnutes reading the Lockdown forum (no, this isn't offtopic) and the apparent confusion over release dates etc etc. I'm becoming very jaded with the Ubi "marketing" team and their "strategy", although I still think this game is going to be amazing. I'm fairly sure someone in Ubi read Sun Tzu's Art of War and thought it was a marketing manual :unsure:

The ONLY thing I'm sure of at this point is that we will not find out one way or another until just before 31 March 2006 - it's a secret which is being jealously guarded.

I've just spent the last few mnutes reading the Lockdown forum (no, this isn't offtopic) and the apparent confusion over release dates etc etc. I'm becoming very jaded with the Ubi "marketing" team and their "strategy", although I still think this game is going to be amazing. I'm fairly sure someone in Ubi read Sun Tzu's Art of War and thought it was a marketing manual  :unsure:

Yeah well I wish there was some way to get UBI back for being annoying. :rofl:

So far my desire to buy this game is based soley on words. (screens don't show gameplay and videos don't exist). And as we know UBI's word is not worth the breath to say it. :whistle:

Prove me wrong UBI..... Prove me wrong. :shifty:

I read or I've been told, can't remember, that they must push this title out of the door on or before march 31st because of UBI's fiscal year ending which is supposedly also march 31st...

Is this theory viable or just BS?

Buy the game now, based on a few ugly screenshots with 2 good ones?  no trailers, no gameplay videos, no video interviews? 

=/

Heck I was so excited LAST YEAR that I pre-ordered it LAST September!!

">Thank you for your order with the Ubisoft Store.

>

>This email confirmation message is your receipt, so please keep it in a safe place for reference. As soon as your order has been processed, we will send you an additional email confirming the shipment of your order.

>

>To check the status of your order, visit http://store.ubi.com and select My Orders at the top of the page. Log in using your ubi.com user name and password.

>

>If you have any questions regarding your order, visit our Customer Care web site at: http://store.ubi.com/help or call us toll free at (888) 824-7038. Have your order number ready to expedite your request.

>

>------------------------------- RECEIPT --------------------------------

>

> ORDER #UBW-XXXXX

> 14-Sep-2005 08:09:08P"

Edited by Cutter
Buy the game now, based on a few ugly screenshots with 2 good ones?  no trailers, no gameplay videos, no video interviews? 

=/

And i believe that You'll not be disappointed, but those delays and this dead calm about the game is killing me. :wall:

But hey .... look on the bright side.... We could be waiting for STALKER :rofl:

=/

And i believe that You'll not be disappointed, but those delays and this dead calm about the game is killing me. :wall:

But hey .... look on the bright side.... We could be waiting for STALKER :rofl:

Lol, that remark just made Laugh! Lol!

I read or I've been told, can't remember, that they must push this title out of the door on or before march 31st because of UBI's fiscal year ending which is supposedly also march 31st...

Is this theory viable or just BS?

Or they mite hold off till after the 31st to kick start there new Fiscal year. They may just have the offical demo and video's out till then for a few weeks till the launch later in April :o

Its sounding more like the XBOX Console release or Halo game cant remember which, that was promised a christmas release and it missed this then the adverts appeared on TV Quote "Christmas - March 31st" something along these lines maybe ubi will use this for their march adverts lol

Edited by SpinalUKLF

Is everyone more concerned about them hitting the supposed release date or putting out a polished product? I for one am more than willing to wait in hopes of getting something close to what we had in GR1. GRIN -Take your time in adding the features that are most requested. We have waited this long :wall: what's a little longer? ;)

Still i would like to see more official releases as to the progress of the PC version. I enjoy seeing the eye candy from the Xbox360 version, but that is not what I am waiting to buy.

I felt like you a little while back.  But you know, the pressure is getting too much and I just want them to release it.  Sad I know.  I suppose only a demo could quench my thurst for the game now.

Agreed as well. As long as the game is playable and enjoyable, I don´t mind bugs AND if devs/publisher are motivated to keep delivering patches for at least 6 months. A good example of that are Silent Hunter 3 or OFP, which both had plenty of bugs in the release version, but were still enjoyable AND were a lot more polished after the first 2 patches.

I don´t think GRAW PC is very bug infested, first indicator is the work on a demo. A dev teams priority is ALWAYS the retail version, they will never sacrifize the quality of the retail version for a demo version, before doing that its better to deliver a demo AFTER the release of the retail version. The only exception to that rule is when the contract between GRIN and Ubi says that they have to deliver a demo before the retail release.

Other indicators are the engine, the devs have a lot of experience with "their" engine, its not some unknown engine for them. The team is huge and they can do a lot of work in a short time if the communications are good. There are a few more points, like shared work/art/assets with the other dev teams, the support from AGEIA (GRAW PC will be the first big title/game that will support this tech). So they do have a lot of going for them. :)

Edited by agentkay
Is everyone more concerned about them hitting the supposed release date or putting out a polished product? I for one am more than willing to wait in hopes of getting something close to what we had in GR1. GRIN -Take your time in adding the features that are most requested. We have waited this long  :wall:  what's a little longer? ;)

Still i would like to see more official releases as to the progress of the PC version.  I enjoy seeing the eye candy from the Xbox360 version, but that is not what I am waiting to buy.

Quite honestly, since the release date was supposed to be a couple weeks from now, and we haven't even seen a demo, I don't think the hold up is polish work.

I think it's strictly business politics on Ubi's part. It has to be. Afterall, only politics can make sense of what doesn't make sense.

I think the PC version is done. I think they are having trouble with the 360 version, and we are stuck waiting on business politics, plain and simple.

I think we've heard nothing new on the PC version, because there is nothing new to report. It's done, all we lack is a demo. And we won't get that, as long as the 360 demo doesn't go out first. We won't get our game until the 360 version goes out first.

It's the only plausible answer: nothing can overshadow the almighty console version, plain and simple.

So everyone needs to hop on over to the console forum here, and start ranting it up, and tell them to get off their keesters already, and release the game ! !

Because we won't get ours until they do. :sheep: