Release Date March 31st

I for one am more than willing to wait in hopes of getting something close to what we had in GR1. GRIN -Take your time in adding the features that are most requested. We have waited this long  :wall:  what's a little longer? ;)

I had that same thought on GR2.....now I have changed my mind.....at least give me GR2 on the PC...and let me decide how much it sucks.

I know for a fact....my buddies and I would have all played it....gotten a lot of GAME NIGHTS out of it....before going back to GR1...or before modders fixed GR2.

Just give it to us already.....No offense...but UBI has really lowered are expectations...

Im just hoping for an actual release this time around.

HACK

its gunna be pushed back, we would be seeing way more in game footage at this point.

I almost feel like it is going to be canceled

Ubi controls the game footage, not GRIN. If GRIN would be given the freedom to release as much game footage as they want, I am 100% sure we would have 100s of pics and movies.

I want to remind people that AGEIA is launching its PPU in March, and GRAW is the ONLY big title that is using it at this time, at least I can´t remember another game that will use it in the short-term. UT2k7 will support it as well, but that one is at least half a year away. Do you think AGEIA would launch their tech without a game? I don´t think so because it would be a very bad (PR) idea. This is gamers tech, and no gamer will buy it if they don´t see it in action in a game.

Hello all!

Pushed back or not pushed back...meh....doesn't really make a difference to me and I'll tell you why. I am really beginning to think that I am among the silent minority when it comes to game purchasing. I have yet to buy a game on release. Why should I? In my opinion, developers and publishers have been getting away with putting out half-baked products for too many years now, and it's us, the consumer that is letting them get away with it. We all know that when a game is released, there is going to be issues with it and, there will be subsequent patches to try and correct these issues. Why should I spend my money until these issues are corrected? I have the money, I enjoy gaming, and my disposable income goes towards game purchases and updating my rig. I will never understand the "I have to have it now" philosophy and then the audacity to complain that the game is not finished! It's your own fault, it's that simple. Wait for release, wait for patching and then wait for a demo. Why would you buy something you have never even tried? This game will be released when it is released and I'm sure the boards will be filled with the "error on installation," or "CTD on mission 2," or "I can't believe they screwed up my game," or the "I waited 6 years for this piece of crap," threads. I am also sure there will be equal threads praising the game. My point? Wait until the game is done. Read and watch everything you can first, and try it before you buy it to see if it is something you may indeed like. I think if more people did this, the developers and publishers would see a dramtic decrease in sales and would be forced to start releasing quality products.....this goes for all platforms.

Ah, just my two cents.........

PrimusPilus

Thing is, I can put up with the odd bug here and there. GR1 had them and look at how successful it was, even from day one.

But peoples reactions on this board will be strained when most waited patiently for GR2, which never materialised.

Besides, I feel most PC gamers expect that there will be issues with a new game. It's just that a minority will come on to this board upon release of GR3 and complain that "I've got a bug!!" a few others might also have the problem and before you know it, everyone thinks there is an epidemic or something.

But on the whole, I reckon us PC gamers are a pretty reasnorable lot.

I just hate the fact that they aren't promoting the PC version at all. The XBox 360 chats were long and had quite a bit of good information in it. The PC version gave off.... absolutely no information we already knew.

I know that they are trying to sell the games on console and get the stale 360 back alive... But why stiff an already huge community that's not about to die out?

I'm a PC gamer and a casual console gamer, and when I get hopes up for a game, it's quite hard to get my hopes down or lose my interest in it. And I'm just losing a lot of interest in it, because I want to see what the game play is like, how demanding is it going to be? We saw some min specs, but I would like a demo to see how it runs on my current PC before I go out and blow another thousand dollars on it. Not go out and spend 1000 dollars on my PC, and then have the chance of it flopping like GR2 did, or it turn out to not be as great.

I am buying a 360 when Microsoft said that you will 'be able to just go into a store and pick one up'... And from what I have seen for the console version, I will definately be picking up a copy for the 360, but my interest is still in PC.

I just hate that they are promoting the console version WAY more then the PC version.

Usually it's the other way around :wall:

But meh, oh well... It will come out eventually...hopefully...(GR2 :whistle: )

Maybe they'll release it when GR:AW The Movie, directed by John Woo, comes out... *Cpl runs into the hills* :whistle:

:lol: More likely it'll be *Cpl escapes in wheelchair from senior's retirement home* by the time it's released... we are talkin' Ubi for PC here... late if ever/at all! :(

Guy over at the GR:AW UBI forums is saying that

I did read

the Games-Shop 4u2play.de did put Release from 30.03 to the 15.05 and Amazon.de completley removed the date.

I know this isn't OFFICIAL, I hope it doesn't turn out to be true. I would not be surprised however with the lack of intel regarding the pc version.

I have bought a few games pre-release from Tesco.com (so the wife gets the club card point and keeps her happy) They have sent me an email today with a list of six games i mit like to pre-order :thumbsup: second on the list GRAW released March 31st :rolleyes:

Edited by Hammer12