Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

Colin

I know this is off topic, but I've really been looking at Left4Dead. It looks like a lot of fun. Taking down zombies co-operatively sound fun to anyone?

I had never heard of this game until you posted it here so I researched it yesterday and I will have to agree. Gameplay sounds pretty unique and fun. Read a four or six page hands on gameplay review.

The Beta 2 v1.1 patch has been released for a couple of days. The "Play Computer" function works now and you can play the beta map vs. bots. The bots are pretty good even on Easy, but I had fun playing it. I was actually able to learn how to play. I think I'll stick with the engineer and shotgun.

• 3 weeks later...
The PC version of Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars is currently slated to ship on October 2, 2007 in North America and September 28, 2007 in Europe and Australia.

The Windows PC demo is going to be released on September 10, 2007.

badman

Community Relations Manager

Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars PC Demo Soon - Details Inside!

So Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars is done and off to manufacturing! Here at the Splash Damage World Headquarters we started working on the Demo right after the game went gold - we really wanted to get the Demo out there before release to give all of you the chance to see what ETQW is all about. The best part is that the Demo is wrapped up and ready to go; it's set to hit the internet this coming Monday - September 10, 2007 - just a few days from now! Read on to find out the system requirements, what the Demo will contain, and all the cool stuff we've got planned to celebrate the Demo launch.

What You'll Get

The Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars PC Demo comes with the final version of Valley, one of the larger battlegrounds in the game. Set in Yosemite, California, Valley has the Global Defense Force on the attack, as they attempt to foil a Strogg contamination plot centering on a water treatment facility. Valley features a great blend of close quarters infantry action, vehicle battles and aircraft dogfights, and the varied terrain combining mountains, waterways, tunnels and industrial structures allows for many different playing styles. To top it all off, there's a multitude of optional side missions and plenty of opportunities to try out the various defense turrets, artillery and radar deployables - Valley is a prime example of the frantic and diverse action you'll find in Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars.

If you want to learn more about Valley, read our Valley Map Guide for a full run-down of the team objectives, secondary missions and a host of tactical tips for getting the most out of the various GDF and Strogg weapons, items, deployables and vehicles.

For those who already played Valley in the Public Beta, the map has undergone further balance improvements based on your feedback. Most notably, the GDF can now capture the Contaminator Forward Spawn before the Shield Generator is hacked, which really cranks up the action around that objective. On top of that, the Demo contains the final XP and weapon balance, player movement, and vehicle handling.

The Demo also features ETQW's bots, so you can explore the map and gameplay in single player mode with computer-controlled opponents, or use the bots to fill up empty slots on multiplayer servers. We are also including the standalone server as well as the server launcher tool, so you can host your own online and LAN games.

Valley Map Guide

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this was a neat little 90% run n gun. It's not better than BF2 imo.

My son plays BF2, and QW is nowhere near as refined as it by any stretch.

But it will sell huge. Its meant for the wolfenstein crowd that like that ultra high speed running thing.

Another huge factor that will give it large online numbers is the minimum specs required to run it. I think my old computers pentium 3 could probably run it on max.

This alone will fill the developers wallets in no time.