PC videos

Going back to the topic.

The game footage we will get I would say will be as many aspects as possible within the time frame allowed.

The game will do more than sell well on all platforms, just waite and see.

Some of you really need to look at the bigger picture sometimes.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BIGOLBRAIN: Discussion on that article Here

NYR - I hope your power windows option didnt include FREE tinting that breaks regulatory laws on stopping people seeing inside your vehicle while you can still see out. ;)

The contract that MAY have been signed probably relates to monies per copies sold?

No doubt GRIN would get payed a development cost for their work on making the game then an incentive bonus per unit sold.

So yes the DO care how many units are sold.

Edited by Charos

I've said this before....

When a new console or sometimes a monumental game is about to be released, who get's it first?

USA or Japan? We are USA and they are Japan, guinea pigs if you will. Amongst a few other strategizing reason previously posted here.

Were all right in a sense, right down to the last, "Maybe it's cancelled."

As far as the new 360 Single Player game trailer, If anyone from PC land took notice of the soldier near the end locked onto the street wall corner - yet the player could see AROUND the corner ?.  :nono:

If you guys are eager to play that then by all means go off in your graphics enduced coma and hand over the dosh.  :dunce:

OTS has been an option since it came on the scene, so folks need to stop using that in anti-console version arguments . And guess what, MS has identified they had a shortage problem, and should have more units on the shelves soon. Simple fact is, console games outsell PC games, they have for years. UBI is pushing one version more than 3 other versions (not just 360 over PC), they have the right to do so, they are their products. We get something when we get it, the demo is a few weeks away, so we'll have something playable soon. *shurg*

Agreed :thumbsup: . Everyone that has a 360 will get this game, and the people that dont have a 360 want one because of GRAW.

Since the anticipated release of the PS2 and the original XBOX there has been a console shortage, what's new.

I just wish the game would come out, this ###### argumentative speculation ###### gives me a ######ing headache.

I'm so sick of hearing the console PC argument I could puke. It never fails, a thread always gets turned into console vs pc :x

It always manages to bring out a brown noser too. :rofl:

Since the anticipated release of the PS2 and the original XBOX there has been a console shortage, what's new.

I just wish the game would come out, this ###### argumentative speculation ###### gives me a ######ing headache.

I'm so sick of hearing the console PC argument I could puke. It never fails, a thread always gets turned into console vs pc  :x

It always manages to bring out a brown noser too.  :rofl:

well said cutter.

very well said

and once again, back to topic, what do yall want more in a PC vid, SP, MP, or just people talking about the game?

DR12

Well, this has nothing to do with the discussion really, but I cannot stand playing FPS games with a ###### controller. The games, IMO, were meant for mouse and keyboard.

I like what I see for the game on the 360, but I just hate playing it with a controller.

Guess that makes me an idiot or really old schooll.....hehe, *shrugs*

Well, this has nothing to do with the discussion really, but I cannot stand playing FPS games with a ###### controller. The games, IMO, were meant for mouse and keyboard.

Well, on flip side I can not play game with keyboard and mouse anymore. Controller is toy for big boy. :D

In honest, with controller I am like with the weapon and with keyboard I feel like in office :wall:

And if you have big plasma TV or HD projector with 5.1 sound and dark room then :rocky: (cool)

I read a small item that might shed some light on the 360 issue. NPD Funworld site had a report that a "memory chip" developed by the German chip maker, Infineon Tech was having problems suppling to M$. This was causing shortages, and another supplier is being sought.

This may explain why the number of total units sold is below the initial forcasts, and MAY be a reason for the DELAY of GRAW for the XBox360. ???? It just seems rather odd that very little info has surfaced about the PC version, but for the XBox, several magazines and websites have videos to offer. I believe that AFTER the initial release of the 360 game, we will then begin to see PC related material.

This is just my opinion, because after seeing the latest vids on XBox, just makes me want some info on the PC even more. :blink::blink:

well as I said in another thread..Here, AEGIA was quoted in MaximumPC magazine as having re-evaluated it's release date. AEGIA doesn't want to release the physX add-in card because developers who are developing thier latest titles to utilize such a technology haven't released a title yet. this would make sense.

But why is the Game in general regardless of Console or PC so quiet? I thought marketing was meant to boost awareness of a product. Sure, we've seen some videos from both camps.

This leads me to think that GRAW will perhaps be released under little fanfare. But I can't quite see why. Ok, there's a bit over a month left before a vast majority of GRAW versions release, but one was leaked to be released on the 10th of march. Ok..what's the quiet in the storm about? I see nothing dependable in concluding that GRAW will release in March either.

Don't expect me to enter the Console vs PC debate. But I'm really annoyed with UBISOFT. How the hell they stay in business is beyond me.

It's not a console V PC question/debate. It's a 'marketing strategy' even a 'paradigm' issue.

UBI have a lot of titles so any marketing descision or strategy they make takes into account the overall picture and not just one game.

You ask why UBI would subdue the info on the PC and you posit that they want GRAW to sell well on 'all' platforms. Well, ultimatly this last point is correct . . . .but. If UBI were offered good enough incentives then they might find it worth their while to play down (for the time being) the PC branch of their GRAW release.

Microsoft is desperate to do as well as they can as soon as they can with the Xbox360. They took a hit on the first gen xbox and they would rather start making money on this generation rather than the next. So, Microsoft have two big challenges. 1. Playstation 3. & 2. 'The PC'.

The PC is their imediate threat. The 360 is purposely a bit PC like. It's even designed to slightly resembe a slim tower case. The reason for this is to woo over the PC crowd. This is a double edged sword however because if the PC crowd (i.e. us) feel that the Xbox and its fare are too PC like with not much differenceb betweent he games (as in COD2) then a huge bunch of them (us) will stick with what we know and not switch or double up (After all when you factor in the price of not only the full Xbox360 kit 'and' the HDTV needed to see it at full potential then it's not much difference in price to a medium PC rig) and get a console as well. so. . . . Microsoft have to outshine the PC. That's why they tried to buy many stellar games that 'were' originally intended for the PC (HALO, Abes oddesy etc) and use them to push the first xbox.

This time around they are doing the same thing.

So, what ever losses UBI 'might' incur by (temporarily) playing down GRAW PC Microsoft will more than make up for in many ways (free publicity for UBI games, a better cross title licence deal on UBI 360 realeases etc). UBI get compensated for their lack of publicity for GRAW PC and Microsoft get the Xbox360 to shine a little brighter (comparativly) than it would if the breauty of GRAW PC were given full exposure from the get go.

Get it?

It's not hard to understand when you look deeper and wider at the picture. So please stop using the 'why would UBI not want to make as much money as they can on GRAW PC by holding back publicity.' argument ok ;)

Surely i cant be the only one to see this?

Edited by Poita

No I agree with your argument completely. This is what I meant to say earlier in this thread but you said it spot on.

You would be very naive to thhink this type of thing doesn't happen.

Besides that, do you not think GRIN would like the give us a load os screen shots to get even more first day sales? My feelings are that UBI have the say it was is released (which we know they do), so this being the case there is something fishy going on.

Don't expect me to enter the Console vs PC debate. But I'm really annoyed with UBISOFT. How the hell they stay in business is beyond me.

The console PC debate will always be there its a fact of life, the games are made for all of us and OUR tastes.

Some of you I think forget its YOU who make the industry go the way it goes. Not Ubi

Ubisoft is and is getting bigger every year, they must be doing something right.

I think it was Rock said to me about this forum and some others like it, its not for the masses, its for the few who like to play a certain way.

As long as this is the case you aint going to get a lot of decent PC games, maybe the odd one or two every 5-7 years.

This is why so many of you play the same old game year in year out.

Some of you hate to move on to different things, Im the same I have only ever bought 2 games in 6 years, GR1 and Far Cry, I stoped playing FC a month later.

This forum is for the PC version, comparing and speculating how the 2 will be similar, in relation to look, gameplay, PR, is a bit of a waste of time, its a fact that these 2 versions are very different in all ways, except sound files, and Story Line.

As far a sales go and info leading to release, some specualation about MS and other wonderfull explanations is some what bizare, Im sure the sharholders in Ubi would really appreciate, Criminal neglegence in the PR department, and believe me purposly holding back a games chances at success in the sales is a criminal offence.

So this type of story is just not founded.

The PR system Ubi uses is tried tested and successful, hence games sales for ther last 6 years. Face it people they are doing a good job on sales.

Some of you dont like the dirtection Ubi is going, lets face it who gives a RA, they sure dont, Our sales are doing fine thanks very much.

UBI/RSE are about to give the console crowd a great game, Grin are about to give us Pc crowd a great game.

Me Im glad UBi decided to farm out GRAW it means ,its dedicated to me, and the way I like to play.

Lets be honest they didnt have to do didly about the so called PC fans of GR1 did they???.

But they did and thats good enough for me.

Lets try and keep some of this specualation/theory BS out its mostly a load of drivel any way.

Colin

It's possible that they're not releasing much PC info because they don't want to overshadow the release of Lockdown PC. I picked it up yesterday and while I'm enjoying it more than I expected, I expect GRAW to be orders of magnitude better. With all the 'feedback' Ubi have getting in the run up to Lockdown's release, they have to know that many people are a little dissapointed with it. If they start flashing around GRAW PC videos or demos then they run the risk of both:

A: No one buying LD and just waiting for GRAW

B: People complaining even more about LD citing GRAW as an example of how it should have been done, damagin sales further.

Whenever Bo posts, he strikes me as being extremely confident and relaxed about GRAW PC. I think he knows that it doesn't really matter if they release videos and demos tomorrow or if they release them a week before the game comes out. The game will sell the same either way because it will sell based on it's merits, not how long we have videos and demos for.

(that said, all the 360 goodies are making me more and more eager to see some PC stuff)

You ask why UBI would subdue the info on the PC and you posit that they want GRAW to sell well on 'all' platforms. Well, ultimatly this last point is correct . . .

Get it?

It's not hard to understand when you look deeper and wider at the picture. So please stop using the 'why would UBI not want to make as much money as they can on GRAW PC by holding back publicity.' argument ok  ;)

Surely i cant be the only one to see this?

You make some good points in there though I'm not sure I really buy it 100%.

It doesn't sound all that impossible but it's still just a conspiracy theory. When they finally show the pc version in motion, if it's as amazing :o as we would hope for then yeah I would be more likely to believe that.

I just don't see the two effecting each others sales all that much. I mean COD2 had been out for some time on pc before the 360 version and it's still the best selling 360 game to date I believe. Then look at other games that the xbox has got from the pc....take Morrowind. Morrowind, which was a very high profile game on pc sold more on the xbox...and by a fairly large amount from what I understand. But it came out on pc about two weeks before the xbox version. So why wouldn't MS pay Bethesda under the tabe for the same thing with Oblivion? I mean the two version are identical and more at competition with each other than GRAW because GRAW is being made specifically for each platform. On top of that almost all the Oblivion videos are from the pc version. Same goes for Prey....a lot more pc screens and videos and not much for the 360 version.

Anyway, they have said over and over that the pc version would be more tactical and the two don't even share the same view point. I don't see a whole lot of pc people jumping over to the 360.

I don't know......I just hope the pc version turns out good. And really I hope you're right. If they are only holding it back because of the 360 version then that would be a good thing but if there is another reason.....well then the first reason could be a lot better for everyone.

We should see soon enough. :)

Here is some fuel to add to the fire. The very same issue of MaxPC also did a Head2Head pitting an X360 against a gaming PC featuring an AMD64 FX-57 and a GF 7800GTX with 512MB of VRAM. The X360 won 2 of the 5 catagories and lost overall to the gaming PC. The X360 won the the multiplayer and price rounds while the PC won the preformance, games and controls rounds.

Sure the X360 version will sell, but not in large numbers initially as unlike someone stated earlier, not all X360 owners will buy GRAW. Until there is better saturation of the market, the flagship version will be wanted but left on the shelf due to not having the console to play it on. Last I heard, each store is only getting 20 of the X360 to sell due to the shortages. At those rates, selling 4 million units will take a while. GRAW sales will follow suit.

Here is some fuel to add to the fire. The very same issue of MaxPC also did a Head2Head pitting an X360 against a gaming PC featuring an AMD64 FX-57 and a GF 7800GTX with 512MB of VRAM. The X360 won 2 of the 5 catagories and lost overall to the gaming PC. The X360 won the the multiplayer and price rounds while the PC won the preformance, games and controls rounds.

Sure the X360 version will sell, but not in large numbers initially as unlike someone stated earlier, not all X360 owners will buy GRAW. Until there is better saturation of the market, the flagship version will be wanted but left on the shelf due to not having the console to play it on. Last I heard, each store is only getting 20 of the X360 to sell due to the shortages. At those rates, selling 4 million units will take a while. GRAW sales will follow suit.

lol...what's your point of the whole head to head thing? First I would like to know how they did a head to head comparing these two platforms. How did they go about comparing preformance? And how in the world would xbox live beat pc's multiplayer? Live needs a lot of work before it's as stable as pc gaming online. Also it's a pc mag...not exactly unbiased. I'm sure if xbox magizine did they same thing they would come up with a different conclusion. Anyway you could bash the 360's hardware all day long but then looking at GRAW on the 360....well I'll take that crap hardware any day.

And I don't remember anyone saying that the GRAW 360 sales would be "initially in large numbers". Where did you see that? I know I said "There just are not going to be a ton of games out for some time and I would say GRAW will sell well all year". And I stand by that 100%. In fact I would say it will be the best shooter all year for the 360.

MS just opened a new plant and they plan on having close to 10 million 360s out by the end of the year and my guess is that "GRAW sales will follow suit".

Sure not everyone is going to buy GRAW but with a lack of good shooter I would say GRAW will sell just fine.

Edited by BIGOLBRAIN

Ok i want to address something Colin and Brain said.

I don't thing it's illegl at all for companies to strategise their cross platform and cross title release schedules and marketing, i dont even think it's morally wrong or anyting like that. I believe that businesses have a right to conduct their marketing and releases as they see fit and as they believe would be overall best for their long term stock holders benefit.

I don't think it has anything to do with 'under the table deals'. It might not be publically disclosed but there is nothing illegal or underhand about strategizing at all, especially since the pc is not a company. But even if it was, say MS did a deal with incentives to UBI not to release on the Playstation 3 or to release late, i don't think that's illegal or wrong. Bussness is war and just cause it might frustrate my chosen platform and title needs doen'st make it wrong.

it's a symbiotic relatinship between us, they give us fun games and we give them money. they have to try to configure their end so they get as much money in the long term as possible.

I mean look at the whole console manufacturing process. They make a loss on each sale. Why, cause they are looking at the big, long term picture. It's don'e all the time. It's said the Playstation 3 will cost sony $900 to make. Microsoft started the first x box knwoing full well that it would not make a profit at all but they saw the long term picture of getting into the console biz. In light of those huge gambles, slightly delaying publicity on a pc title cause MS might give them incentives do to so is totaly understandable.

The reason it doesn' happen with every title is because different publishers have different relatinships with MS. I think Activision published COD2 and perhaps their corporate philosophy is different to UBI. I'm sure many companies were appreached subtly by MS about such things. Each will respond differently of course.

I don't consider my theory a 'conspiracy theory'. That label is just another way of saying it's 'whacked out thinking'. I think it's just the only thing that makes any sense as to why the PC PR is subdued.

Remembe Sherlock Holmes qoute: "When every other possible cause has been eliminated, what remains, however improbable, must be the answer".

Elementary my dear Bill Gates. ;)

Ok i want to address something Colin and Brain said.

I don't thing it's illegl at all for companies to strategise their cross platform and cross title release schedules and marketing, i dont even think it's morally wrong or anyting like that.

I don't consider my theory a 'conspiracy theory'. That label is just another way of saying it's 'whacked out thinking'. I think it's just the only thing that makes any sense as to why the PC PR is subdued.

Well I was not trying to imply that they were doing illegl things. I should have worded it better but my point was more that they keep it away from the public.

And when I said 'conspiracy theory' I was not trying to imply that it's 'whacked out thinking'. Again, bad wording. I was just pointing out that we have no idea if any of this is fact. ;)

Either way I'm going to go play some lag infested COD2 on Live now. :)