First GRAW Developer Diary for Xbox

BigOlBrain

DAMNIT, i thought i was the first one to see it.  it doesn't look as bad as the screenies, but its no SC:CT.

The one and only reason SC:CT looks so good is because there aren't many intense action sequences. If you'd try to use that engine for GRAW, your framerate would drop drastically.

But it still looks very good... although the colours could be more vivid... it looks like the devs wanted to make the game look "washed-out," but I think they ran out of RAM... :huh:

ok, mabye SC:CT isn't a good example. how about Halo 2? that game looked damn good, and it had tons of stuff goin' on. im not sayin' Graw(xbox) doesn't look good, it does, but it could look better, and anything less than great is really just unexceptable. i mean, maybe im just a little off base, but i dont <_< think it looks as good as GR2. sorry, im not seein' it.

ok, mabye SC:CT isn't a good example.  how about Halo 2?  that game looked damn good, and it had tons of stuff goin' on.  im not sayin' Graw(xbox) doesn't look good, it does, but it could look better, and anything less than great is really just unexceptable.  i mean, maybe im just a little off base, but i dont <_<  think it looks as good as GR2.  sorry, im not seein' it.

Well, I think you're right.

But then again, you have to remember that Halo 2 was made by a Microsoft-owned company, so they must've had extensive support, and that was back when MS wasn't focusing their full attention on the Xbox 360.

Also, maybe, just maybe, Ubisoft decided to tone GRAW for Xbox down in order for the 360 version to look ever better side-by-side... but I don't really beleive they'd do that.

Lastly, maybe it's just because of the draw distances and, well basically all the raw geometry that's going on. Rendering a city can be tricky...