GRAW PC dev. chat summary

Deosl

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets not blame GRIN crew though - we failed to ask the right questions given the opportunity.

I know ULF was vague again with some answers, but I think in being vague, it dows actually answer the question. If you know what I mean...

HUD - not customizeable.

Graphics - didnt want to say PC was better, which almost seems to me like he was saying "no" too.

Oh well, another month and a bit and we'll know the real situation.

I pray for us all. :notworthy:

No offense to GRIN as I know they had their hands tied, but...

That sucked.

werd! <_<

Gawd its like they got their media relations training by a group of politicians or something. Every answer to a yes or no question was responded to by some ridiculously vague non-answer.

ARGH!

If I had my way it wouldn't be a silly freaking "interview" but an interrogation instead!

Under a hot, bright lamp with some properly administered truth serum. :FIREdevil:

You have to remember too, that GRIN probably didn't get to decide what they could answer, or how. Ubi decides that for them, being the publisher, and Ubi has always been about limited info, guys. Don't be too hard on the GRIN guys. Their hands are probably tied prettty tight when it comes to what they can and can't answer, per the publishers wishes.

And since 360 is supposed to release first, Ubi is probably handcuffing info on the PC version, so as not to overshadow the new console game.

Just my opinion though, knowing a bit about how Ubi works.

Edited by Specter

16 per squad in comparison to GR multiplayer which is 9 per squad (4 squads) would give us 64 players.

Or only 2 teams at a time? (16x2)

I for one am not getting the Aegia card. In multiplayer in matching it will be the death of you. More intense explosions would mean i would be blinded where someone just on Havok may be able to see through it.

As for the diamonds, I am betting they are like the threat indicator in the current GR1. Good initial training but eventially you'll turn it off.

As for the crosscomm... will it be in mp? Maybe just for the platoon leader?

So many questions I would have asked... so little time. (Demo still being made... release is March 31)

One thing I would like to see...but isnt there..(that I know of) is a "where am I hit" icon on the main screen....vs having to toggle to the map screen to see..

Maybe just have the Standing/Kneeling/prone also show the hit location

I just got shot...I think I might know where I feel the pain.. :D

HACK

I really like this concept of super hardcore settings. I am looking forward to it's inclusion but it should not be 'unrealistically hard with enemies having unnatural abilities' (as RatoN correctly pointed out after the chat ). As Grin has time and again said that we are getting a true tac sim, I am confident that they would implement it properly. I am hoping that , if included, this setting would provide us with a 'hard simulation' like gameplay.

Edited by buddhiraja73

Whoa, you missed my point. I wasn't saying i dont want the cross com to be in the game. I was saying that i want the option to not have to use it.

And i won't get used to all the stuff flickering on and off the screen. It will always bug me. After fourty years on the earth i still cant get to sleep if there is a ticking clock in the room. I'm not likely to 'get used' to hundreds of flashing cons blocking my view of the game world constantly.

Another reason i dont want all that crap on the screen is that in GR i really enjoyed the aesthetic beauty of the maps. The sound of the wind, river etc, i really found the scenery to be soothing and enjoyable. If i have to look at it through a neon snowstorm as the hud feature keep distracting me there is no way i'm going to be able to enjoy the scenery in peace.

ehh, i like the way the hud looks, but i agree with Poita, there should be plenty of options to hide some of what you want. esspecialy the cross-com, i like, want it, but also want to be able to turn it off. i just hope the cross-com isn't force, i hope it helps in combat situations, but is not necessary to complete objectives. :thumbsup:

I wasn't saying i dont want the cross com to be in the game. I was saying that i want the option to not have to use it. And i won't get used to all the stuff flickering on and off the screen... Another reason i dont want all that crap on the screen is that in GR i really enjoyed the aesthetic beauty of the maps. The sound of the wind, river etc, i really found the scenery to be soothing and enjoyable. If i have to look at it through a neon snowstorm as the hud feature keeps distracting me there is no way i'm going to be able to enjoy the scenery in peace.

x 2 - I'm with you. :thumbsup: I'm so hoping we'll be able to turn off all (or most) of that neon-glitzy (arcadey IMHO) stuff? Otherwise, spending $50.00+ for a game sure to cause me to feel :'( ? :x would be daft!

I guess that the cross com is the slightest prob.... If there is a prob at all!? We haven't seen yet any moving PC material, and the info which has been released is more promising than disappointing.. But the DevChat was a waste of time!!! If I had only 1 question to ask, I'd ask when the demo would be released... SP or MP or both, a demo would answer every single question the community has.. almost!

Let us hope, not talking GRAW down...

Yeah we don't have much to go by for the PC HUD but based on the console one there just seems to be loads of stuff on it that doesnt even any function. That zig zag white boarder line that goes all the way around, what's that for? All the other useful stuff seems to have lots of flourishe that arn't needed also. Then they are kind of tilted towards the center point of the screen to give a more 3D effect and they arn't even at the edges to give maximum view of the game, they are shifted towards the center almost as if they think it will be useful for us not to have to move our eyes away from the action so far.

It's not only the fixed HUD, the other stuff is part of the HUD too. All the outlines ever everything, arrows, circles blah blah blah. Believe me they won't melt away. In one new vid the guy is standing within five feet of the striker vehicle and the damn thing still draws a green outlline around it to show it's a friendly.

If you like the cross come and the HUD then fine, i'm happy for you. I'm not asking for it to be taken out of the game. Once again, i'm asking for the option for it to be disabled on my screen. I don't care if it puts me at a disadvantage. I don't want it.

In one new vid the guy is standing within five feet of the striker vehicle and the damn thing still draws a green outlline around it to show it's a friendly.

There are people out there who need this. Even if the friendly have orange vests on some people blowing a lead shot against them. :whistle:

The advanced warfighter should have a FF detection like in the jets. The gun block when they aim a friendly. :rofl:

I would really like to see partelyy customizabled Hud because even if yu like the HUD after a while yu get board of it and it cna be really fustrating. Bf2 has it and i it is brilliant, yu can have a screen with nothng on it or have it cramed with features and mini maps.

If have one question: if this game is mean to be based on "reality future" (technology being devvelpoed" how do they identiffy the enemy soldiers - what the difference between a civilian and an enemy and if so how the hel do yu contiuously track him as he moves?

To me this seems just a little too futuristic. Imagine this in a game like OP - would make it too easy, was not the point of a game to actually identify and find the enmy, for me in many games that was the hard part and not the actual shooting. I would prefer if yu and yur ghosts had to idntify them their selves and they would only stay taged if yu contiued to watch them!!!!!! What do others think?

Edited by Top_Cat

I have just been looking at the PC screen shots on the GRAW wed and TBH the HUD dosnt look as bad as the 360 version. It is not as bright and the icons seem smaller. As they said in the chat the PC version has been developed seperatly from the 360 version, so if the 360 is an "over the shoulder view and the PC is 1st person what other difference will there be ? :o

As they said in the chat the PC version has been developed seperatly from the 360 version, so if the 360 is an "over the shoulder view and the PC is 1st person what other difference will there be ? :o

Only thing that connects Xbox version and PC version is basic storyline. Almost everything else will be more or less different , so.... dont worry Mate ;)