Firefox - downloading files

Rocky

With IE when I right clicked-save as on a file, I then got to choose where to save the file. Firefox only seems to want to dump the file on my desktop. I am sort of getting used to that, but there are times I'd rather put the download in a specific folder.

How? :)

It's Firefox's Tools menu at the top of the browser, options, dowloads; then choose the destination.

Ah, thank you. What it was actually doing, was asking me where I wanted to save the file, I browsed to the target folder, then FF went and saved it to the desktop regardless! LOL!

Thanks for the info.

This forum is great, the way "older" people can jump on here and ask for support with their computer system is very reassuring.

And what with me being only 28, I guess it's not too long to go until I'm in the over 50 age bracket like Rocky and Colin and to know I've got you guys to fall back on really touching. :'(

There's a great plug-in for FF called "Download All" for downloading certain files, i.e. jpeg, gif, simultaneously. This way you can continue surfing, while certain file formats are being downloaded.

Great for galleries with multiple pictures, gifs.

Hmmm...nevermind :shifty:

This forum is great, the way "older" people can jump on here and ask for support with their computer system is very reassuring. 

OMG, thats two age jokes fired my way from the same person in less than 48 hours. I've banned for less!

Don't I recall Rocky saying a while back that he was going to try Opera in the near future?

Have you tried it or is it on the ever-growing-list-of-things-rocky-needs-to-doâ„¢?

I am going to try it after I've given FF a real try out, to find all these little things like downloading, tabs, stability etc. Then I'll shut it down and try Opera for a month or two, then I'll decide.

Going by what's been posted by regulars here already though, I would lay my moey on Opera.