Danish Forces mod

WytchDokta

Right, I've got to over three quaters of the way through the exporting process for my new Dieter Munz character model. The thing is, I think I haven't UV mapped the top part of the torso properly as the skin doesn't fit correctly on that bit (looks like it's squeezed in). Here are some pics:

Dieter_Munz_new.jpg

Dieter_Munz_new_3.jpg

Dieter_Munz_new_2.jpg

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's official - I've managed to export my first model (my previous models were exported by Phlookian) and it works in game. In fact, I had to export it twice because when I did it the first time, I accidently selected the Max Coordination export setting thingy to inversed.... Then when I previewed Tunney in the player roster, he was a monster! His neck was about 4 foot long and dragging on the floor, his legs and arms were not recognisable in the tangled mess that was then Tunney. Although, what seemed to be the main part of the boding was holding onto the SA80. He looked just like one of the those Curly Wurly chocolate bars, seriously! :lol:

So, I re-exported my Tunney model with the correct settings and have some screens to post. These are not the final skins as such, the skins still need some minor adjustments (beats me how I forgot to add the holster in to any of the four skins, but nevermind), and I'm in the process of exporting their respective headgear.

So here goes:

New Nigel Tunney & [hooded] Jack Stone woodland character models

New Nigel Tunney & [hooded] Jack Stone woodland character models again

New Nigel Tunney & Jack Stone desert character models

New Nigel Tunney & Jack Stone desert character models again

Edited by WytchDokta

:thumbsup: looking real nice WD good work, Thats my next learning curve "Export" of a max model :blink:

If you need an export walkthrough give me shout. I won't forward Phlook tute to you out of respect to him, but I am planning on writing my own comprehensive tute soon too. I think the hardest part of exporting is if you have to 'rebuild' any polys as you thn need to remap the UVW mapping for the models' texture.

I've just exported my first attachment - nobody told me I needed to have it rotated at a 90 degree angle in 3DSM and down on the grid (in fact my model needs to be slightly above the grid) in order for it to fit on the head properly. :wall:

Replacing the lost vertices has to be the most annoying and most time consuming part - especially as the devs didn't name the bones correctly. Their bicep entry is actually the shoulder 'bone', their forearm entry is actually the bicep 'bone.' These bones control the movement of the vertices when the character moves (so if you set one of leg the vertices onto the neck bone, it will move in the same direction as the neck at the same as the neck moves, which can lead to some very funky results.) Just when you think you've got it right and export the character, you see the character move in game and some of the vertices are all over the place, where they shouldn't be. Think I've got square eyes now after working through this on several models in wireframe mode.

I managed to get some solid info on current (not those in the mod) Danish small arms. These belonged to Air Force security personnel:

C8A1's with a mix of ELCAN's and Aimpoints, including one setup with an Aimpoint mounted in front of a small night vision sight.

A few C8A1's had Picatinny rail handguards (looked like KAC RAS) with vertical grips but no lasers or lights.

Barrett M95 with some big sniperscope. :blink:

Full size HK USP 9x19mm with single action safety levers and rubber grip and, get this, extended barrel with threaded muzzle and thread protection cap. The only serious use for this is a sound suppressor and I'm pretty sure those aren't use outside SOF...

Also, FKP in Afghanistan used US Army type M240B machineguns with side-mounted Picatinny rails on top of their HMMWV's.

And sound suppressors are used quite liberally by JGK. Dunno the type, but it had a pretty big diameter and a rounded front (akin to the later MP5SD).

Small picatinny rails mounted below the front sight of the C8A1 LMG.

Just FYI :)

Respectfully

krise madsen

PS: WytchDokta, check your PM inbox, I think it's full :)

• 4 years later...

What can I say except it was case of 'Little Red Hen Syndrome'. That is, everyone wanted the end result, but no-one would assist in achieving that end result - I scrubbed the mod due to lack of community support. Help me to help you and all that. I appreciate your interest though.

Not sure if I still have the models et al here. One model did survive the scrub-a-dub-dub, the RAFR model I made (I had plans for missions that was to be a joint op between DK and UK forces to seize an airport in the Serbian capital.) The RAFR model is featured in WD ChrPack, as Nigel Tunney or Jack Stone, I forget which I my old age (what old age?) The ChrPack also features my new character models for Galinsky and Grey, and IIRC one other. I'm sure it was five new models I did. Dayum, what was the fifth one? Ibrahim maybe. Incidently, I also had an new unfinished character model for Osadze that obviously wasn't included.

• 2 months later...