Still playing Ghost Recon 1 (PC) ?

jay316

How often are you playing GR1 (PC) still  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 4 weeks later...

Today I played a small part of a mission on(in actually) the Keep(Frost Bite). All went well but those guys were tough with the massive recessed doors and all - then KRP56 mentioned a mission on December so I go back now to rethink that and have an idea similar to Jaguar Maze with the two marines... all in all I DITTO GiWeDa. I see the GR world through IGOR more than anything.

mig :ph34r:

I uninstalled recently to have a break from it, before that it was 2-3 times a week.

Now GRAW is out I played demo and other games I have but since I uninstalled and due to GRAW issues to be sorted im slowly sweating to re-install it again.

I uninstalled due to the fact of breaking from it becuase I did pay too much!

I just got my new rig and am now playing at all high settings and am blown away by what I'm seeing. I was missing a lot with the old 'puter.

I'll pick up GRAW in a few weeks after a couple of more patches :grin1: and some tweaking. In the meantime, I'm on to Canadian Operatives. I love the Mounties :santa:

I just got my new rig and am now playing at all high settings and am blown away by what I'm seeing. I was missing a lot with the old 'puter.

It's amazing how good old GR looks cranked up ain't it! :D It even makes you a better player when you can see what your shooting at.

I haven't played for a few months, since fall in fact. I still play it almost daily on my X-Box though.

Isn't it better on the PC? In the Xbox version there are many elements that I like in the PC version that are missing. For example the inability to access the control tower on airbase, and also the one level building right next to it on the same map, No BMP on the Embassy mission, the lack of ability to access the subway station in White Razor, etc...Not to mention the fact that the way the missions are structured in the Desert Siege campaign are much better in the PC version IMO.

I haven't played for a few months, since fall in fact. I still play it almost daily on my X-Box though.

Yeah I played the hell out of the PC version, just recently bought the XBox version and I liked it, it was very well done and better (smarter?) AI too.

I play PC GR as often as the urge strikes me, I played "The Dam" mission last week and did not succeed. I have to gear up my squad and go in again soon. I got to plant the demo and recon'd two intel sights but everyone was dead by the time we went to go to the 3rd site.

Isn't it better on the PC? In the Xbox version there are many elements that I like in the PC version that are missing. For example the inability to access the control tower on airbase, and also the one level building right next to it on the same map, No BMP on the Embassy mission, the lack of ability to access the subway station in White Razor, etc...Not to mention the fact that the way the missions are structured in the Desert Siege campaign are much better in the PC version IMO.

I believe all of those features are on the X-Box version as well. I'm not sure about the subway station though, but I won't be able to check as I'm unable to hold a controller.

Also I enjoyed the map structure more on the X-Box for Desert Siege (at least for the missions that came stock with IT as I dont have Live)

It's amazing how good old GR looks cranked up ain't it! :D It even makes you a better player when you can see what your shooting at.

Agree absolutely. In fact I'm now working through the [GR] campaign on elite, after upgrading, just for the hell of revisiting all those maps rather than copy-pasting the unlocks. There's no doubt about it. This is still a VERY superior game. The sunlight on those upland woods and fields: seriously, it's utterly beautiful, and captures the mitteleuropaisch moutains perfectly.

Just out of interest... something I've been wondering, as a relative late-comer to GR (well, three years ago) in light of all the biatching that's going down on the new GR:AW part of this forum:

What response did [GR] get when it first came out, and as it progressed through its first patches towards the expansion packs? What did people think of it, compared to the previous generation of tacsims (Rogue Spear, for example, which I played but which *really* hacked me off when I couldn't change a gameplan if the situation changed mid-mission - so I just went lone-wolf firefighting instead!!) Was it a quantum leap, right out of the box - or did the full leap only come as a result of "live" development - and of course the mods?

Theo

Edited by TheoRetiKule

• 3 weeks later...

What response did [GR] get when it first came out, and as it progressed through its first patches towards the expansion packs?

From what I remember GR had very little gripes about the game compared to what GRAW is being bombarded with. Of course there were some minor gripes about things here and there. Seems to me the biggest gripe I remember was when they took out the limp. :angry: GR offered many aspects to just about all who played, be it SP,MP or COOP. You sure as heck can't say that about GRAW as it offers very little by not having varied gameplay modes. :(