Ghost Recon.net Forums

So how are you feeling about GRAW (360) now?

I remember seeing the videos at X05 and thinking “Oh man….they butchered the game” but I can honestly say that I have 100% confidence that the game is going to be fantastic.

I lost all my concerns with the multiplayer after seeing the dev multiplayer interview and now that I have seen some raw gameplay footage from Gamespot I’m 100% sold on the single player as well.

It’s obvious that they went all out on this title and I couldn’t be more excited about it.

If I had any complaints it would be the no weapon view in 1st person and the multiplayer not having the same animations as the single player. Though I’m not sure how difficult incorporating the single player animations would be so there might be a good reason for it….I wouldn’t know.

Anyway, demo in 2+/- weeks guys….almost there!

So what about you guys?

Personally, I can't wait. I agree that when GRAW was first unveiled I was very skeptical about it, but after what I've been seeing recently I am really looking forward to it!!!

I believe GRAW will be the game I've been waiting for to determine the value so far of the $500 I dropped several months ago only to play COD2 campaign and a # of games I can count on one hand.

I'm not dissapointed with anything Ubisoft has done with this game as far as decisions about views and stuff. It seems that they are putting full efforts into this one, and think we should all wait and see what the final product is before complaining about he views they have decided to use.

On another note, I'm actually very glad they decided to make the Solo and MP different entities of the game. This means they were developed independently, which is exactly one of the problems of the previous games in the franchise. Solo play does not necessarily transcribe well into Multiplayer, and Ubi did a good job recognizing it this time around.

Bring it on!!

I don't have a 360 yet, so I'll just sit back and wait for all of your feedback.

On a serious note, I think the game will be good, and as far as I can tell it addresses the four big problems I had with GR2:

Linear maps

AI that spawn right before your eyes, and worse, vehicles that magically appear 15ft in the air and drop to the ground

Poor, or really no squad controls

Dumb as rocks AI that simply charge and create a lame shooting gallery atmosphere

I didn't see any of these items as a problem in the interviews or videos, so I hold hopes for the latest iteration of GR. Also, Summit Strike was a vast improvement over GR2, so the trend is our friend.

Now only if I can find a 360.

Frankly,

I can't wait - esp after watching the latest Dev video and Oh! Oh!  Shotguns, The only weapon I could kill with in Galo!

Did I miss a shotgun? details man details. I'm very excited about this game. I had my reservations early on as most of us I'm sure did and I will be getting a 360 very soon now (thanks again delta). I just can't wait. 360 in a week or two, GRAW in three or so. . .my fiance will probably leave me soon :-p

I feel this game is going to be amazing. Just by looking at screenshots and videos definently boost my confidence in how great this game really will be. Sadly I too have no 360 as of yet.

I'm liking the way the 360 version is looking...though like many others I don't have a 360 either, or at least not yet....

I dunno what the wait is like getting a 360 so that'll probably tie me up to wait for the PC release and then decide if I go PC or 360 or both.

ps: another texan here...Austin TX though.

I think that you will be able to get a 360 without much problem by March. I have seen Premium systems in Best Buy on a number of occasions and peopel seem to be picking them up at WalMart pretty regularly as well.

I think this will be the game that really "launches" the 360. The single player looks great and the MP will be the first game to really pull people onto live with a 360 game.

The amount of interest in it on two sites I frequent has people signing up for leagues and scheduling tournaments already.

I think the MP portion looks great and am really glad to see the server options for customizing games have gone back to something close to GR on the PC. This game will provide me with countless hours of entertainment.

Edited by W1ngsh0t

While I was extremely hyped up abour GRAW after all the interviews and videos, I still have one reservation about the series. AI. I remember reading previews with regards to R6:Lockdown with editors claiming that the AI was great. I played the game for a week and returned it, mainly because the AI was so dumb.

With that said I bought my 360 a week ago and am now gagging for a demo, I suppose I dont want to get too carried away and end being disappointed.

While I was extremely hyped up abour GRAW after all the interviews and videos, I still have one reservation about the series.  AI. I remember reading previews with regards to R6:Lockdown with editors claiming that the AI was great. I played the game for a week and returned it, mainly because the AI was so dumb.

With that said I bought my 360 a week ago and am now gagging for a demo, I suppose I dont want to get too carried away and end being disappointed.

Your concern with Lockdown is shared by many. I too dropped Lockdown, but after one day. Having said that, I doubt GRAW will suffer from the poor AI that Lockdown had. I really think that GRAW will be on a different level. I'm not saying expect the world, but without getting too "hyped up", I think it is safe to say that GRAW will probably be a much better game than Lockdown.