Single player Hands-On but.....

BigOlBrain

Might/probably is BS....I don't know.

LINK

"OMG, THATS ALL I CAN SAY.

IT is the BESt game I have ever played.

My father knows Laurent Detoc, the head of Ubisoft America. They went to the paris business school together, I think its called Institut Superior de something. So why am I telling you this....because it is the only proof I have that I actually played the game.

So you are either going to believe me or not.

Before I tell you how the game is, let me explain the set up this man has in his house. A 60 inch fujitsu plasma with a SICK ass sound system, it was amazing to see. While he and my dad were catching up, he could tell that I was bored and asked if I would like to play a new title that Ubisoft was working on. I had my hopes up, and then when he turned on the 360, I almost flipped out. On his hardrive (oh by the way, it was a 60 gig harddrive) he had a little title called Ghost Recon Advanced War Fighter.

OMG. Its a level I have not seen before. You start off getting out of a helicopter....a black hawk. EASily the best black hawk I have EVER seen.

so how are the graphics? AWESOme. Take COD2 graphics and multiply it by 5 fold. The faces on the soldiers are amazing, and the guns are so cool looking. Cross Com RULES, its SO easy to use. You can access your drones and stuff really easily, and its awesome when in the corner of your screen you can view what you soldiers see. Oh, btw.....there is head set communication, although I think this wasnt a finale rendition of a level because they didnt always recognize the commands.

The level was really cool, the mission objective was to secure a weapons making factory used by the mexican insurgents. (I guess the game has some Iraq elements). TO me, it seemed that the Mexican army was a mix of terrorist looking guys and regular army.

The lighting effects are god like, its so cool. If you look into the sun in the game and then towards the ground the screen stays bright because of the HDR. And when there is an explosion, like when you demo the weapons depot, you cant see for a few minutes .

It was odd, but from what I can tell you didnt get to pick your weapon like in Ghost Recon 2, you had this Tar gun or something. The player controles are really easy, i thought I would enjoy first person, but I found i stayed almost exclusivly in third the entire time accept a few times i had to take out guys at a distance (even though cross com makes em easy to find).

The AI is SO MUCH BETTER than any other game I have played. Both the teams and the enemies AI is amazing, its like playing with real people, all the time.

The physics were good, i have played Half life 2, and it was nothing superior to that. BUT the destructibility is awesome. I had one of my riflemen behind a pick up truck, and one of the mexicans shot an RPG. Now this is when I almost died with joy. THE RPG went though the OPEN WINDOW of the truck and flew through the cabin of the truck. It hit a building behind it and blew junks of the building everywhere. the Guy who was behind the truck put his hands on his head when the RPg flew past and he went Prone (thats a bit better than the Ghost Recon 2 AI). This makes me think this game is gona get a 10 one gamespot, when the RPG exploded, the windshield of the SUV shatered and glass flew everywhere and one of the tires deflated.

After I shot the guy with the RPG, I blasted away at the truck with my machine gun for the fun of it. Forget anything you have ever seen, the headlights blew out, bullets piecered the hood, and then the car began to burn when I fired a few rounds into the read of the car. Finally it exploded and caused all the Ghost reccon team to crouch.

I had my team kill the snipers on the roof of the depot, and using the headset I was finally able to get them to enter the courtyard the way I wanted. The coolest part of the entire mission was at the end when an apache helicopter flew in and launced a bunch of rockets at a tank, the explosion was awesome. And there was tons of damage everywhere.

OH btw, the smoke in COD2 looks like nothing special compared to this. When I beat the level, i hit the restart button. I must have played it at least three or for times before even thinking of looking on his 360 for other titles.

Overall how was it? Probably the most fun and most impressive game graphically, in terms of effects, and some of the best gameplay I have EVER seen. The sound is amazing, and i am hoping that the voice activation is better in the finale version, but I cannot say enough HOW FRIKEN COOL IT IS. ITS so awesome.

This seriously makes up for the lack in launch titles (even though I loved PGR3 and COD2). If this isnt a killer APP, I dont know what the hell is.

Please feel free to ask me any questions...although I dont know how long I am gona be on line."

If it's true, then expect pirate copies floating around the net very soon.  Although I presonally believe it's a load of crap.  Nothing mentioned that hasn't already been talked about.

BS IMHO.

"pirate copies floating around the net very soon"....why is that? He says this guy is the head of Ubisoft America.

It was on his hard drive...but I agree it probably is bs.

SOME new info, about just how teammates react to fire, the destructibility of the vehicles, and the fact you can use the communicator, as long as it's not BS, of course.

I think someone should ask him EXACTLY what the mission objectives were. You know, to see if he's not making it up. And ask him to use military terms :shifty:

Although, he didn't sound sound like someone who new much about graphics, so how the hell would he know the term "HDR lighting?" Oh well...

Might/probably is BS....I don't know. 

LINK

The AI is SO MUCH BETTER than any other game I have played. Both the teams and the enemies AI is amazing, its like playing with real people, all the time.

As soon as i seen the part with the AI, it left no doubt to me thats its a fake!

Well, that might've just been a metaphore. Or the guy's just used to people with a very low IQ :rofl:

What?

What are you trying to say?

Not directing my comment at you, BOB (we all know you're on the level), but at the "kid" who wrote the review.

- Like Clum-Z-Boy pointed out, that's a lot of suspicious typos. They feel unnatural - as though someone decided where to put 'em.

- Careful word choice - knowledgeable yet noobish at the same time. Read it again and pay careful attention.

- Mentioning HDR, but nothing else like specular mapping, self and soft shadowing, etc. Umm, did a text pop up saying "High Dynamic Range Lighting effect presently in use" when he looked at the sun?

- Comparison to the major GRAW competitor on the 360: COD 2 (if the multiplayer patch comes out soon, it'll definitely steal a lot of the older gamers away from GRAW with its matchmaking model. Whether or not you like Halo 2, you gotta admit they revolutionized matchmaking, and COD 2 is the only other game I've played that does something similar. They just need better playlists. Sometime I don't wanna go through/deal with server lists). 5x COD2 graphical quality? Give me a break! And are we now comparing smoke grenade effects? :blink:

-Comparison to HL2 (classifying/ranking GRAW's physics engine). At least he admits that HL2 has a better physics engine.

-Giving the name of Ubisoft America's head (can anyone verify this?) and where he got his master's to show's his credibility. Which is further confirmed by not being able to accurately spell "Superieur de Gestion." If he knew the whole thing, one might be suspicious. He doesn't, yet knows "Institut" does not end with an e. :nono:

-Retail Xbox 360s cannot play unlicensed games/demos/unofficial builds, etc. He also gave the impression the 60 gig HDD was built-in, ie. an official one from Microsoft, not some external device plugged in via USB. Unless a black 360 dev kit was painted white to fool the kid (he makes no mention of the 360 being a developer version), then this is a serious error on the validity of this report.

You've read all the previews and hands-on Rocky, yourself and quite a few others have linked to. When a knowledgeable fan (like Kimi) writes it, you can tell. When an editor that has played a couple of sessions in past games (TXB/IGN editors) writes, you can tell as well. But when someone gushes over it, throwing comparisons to better familiarize the reader, assuaging concerns over FPWL view over OTS view yet tries to put off a kid/noobish level of knowledge when it comes to the particular game, tech terms, or a host of features that matter to reads of Ghost Recon forums everyway (even on Gamespot forums), I tend to be skeptical of the motivation there.

Then again, maybe paranoia's seeping in as I grow older.

Edited by Arachneya

What?

What are you trying to say?

Not directing my comment at you, BOB (we all know you're on the level), but at the "kid" who wrote the review.

I see.

The whole HDR caught my eye right of the bat. That's the one thing that really made me doubt it. He acted like a clueless kid but was up to date on the HDR lighting thing....I don't know. :huh:

Everybody knows about hdr on x360 and almost no one understands precisely what it means. You see sunshine and you go "look, HDR!", lol.

Kid appears to be honest (with a bit of hype) but you never know.

That's true also. And Serellen brought it up in the multiplayer video as well so he could have gotten it from that.