Ghost Recon.net Forums

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dont see why this is even a matter to discuss. This is the way it was in [GR], it worked well that way. No sense messing up a good thing. I cant even think of a time I heard someone complaining about not being able to run while throwing a nade in [GR]. It worked well, you guys dont want some game like COD2 where nades are being throwed constantly. Can you imagine the Teamkill rates when grenades are so easily thrown.

well u guys are talking about how u want this game to be realistic, and throwing nades, while moving for cover is a militray tactic in real life :). im not making that up its a fact

Really? I've never seen ANYONE throw a grenade while running. :huh:

well my friend is in the army in NL, so im sure he knows what he is talking about :)

Yeah, my friend said this, my friend said that who cares. The point is I've never seen anyone do it and anyone who does it is putting his and his buddies lives at risk. Not worth it.

Americas Army definitely has th best system from nade throwing that is out right now.

I have to agree with that .

PS. I hope that i will not agree with that after GRAW realease :fingersx: .

PPS. Red Orchestra has very similar system to AAO.

This may have been a topic before..

I want to express my concerns about grenades. Not that they shouldnt be there. But how the game treats them. In too many games, grenades are useless, simply beacause they take too much time. I would like to point out that the grenade handeling in the orignal GR were just fine.

However, in hte original GR, you either had to throw the grenade at your feet, or at maximum strength.

That is my real concern. Trying to place a nade at a specific point are really hard when you cant regulate the strength.

This may have been a topic before..

I want to express my concerns about grenades. Not that they shouldnt be there. But how the game treats them. In too many games, grenades are useless, simply beacause they take too much time. I would like to point out that the grenade handeling in the orignal GR were just fine.

However, in hte original GR, you either had to throw the grenade at your feet, or at maximum strength.

That is my real concern. Trying to place a nade at a specific point are really hard when you cant regulate the strength.

and of course you can in GRAW. Strenght is a factor and eithe ryou throw it or roll it.

"throw it or roll it." Again, perfect.

One of the best sounds from GRAW 360 was the grenade, in fact, it is about the best I have heard.

On another note, I am totally impresed with the feedback from and interaction with the GRIN members, so much info and all on the mark. :thumbsup:

From what I understand it's a little over 5 meters, right? Of course, you might not die if you're at 5 meters and don't are lucky enough not to be hit with shrapnel.

Something like that, but have you played Raven Shield? Many who bought this game had no ideia of the tactical realism that marks every Tom Clancy´s game.

So many who bought the game expected something like Counter-Strike (that 30cm blast ratius grenade), then they would throw a grenade and instead of taking cover they would just stand, waiting to see the explosion.

And then you were behind cover, waiting for the grenade to go off, suddenly BOOM, the grenade goes off and your teamate dies in a stupid way . Those good times gave some great laughs.

PS: my english svcks....sorry

Something like that, but have you played Raven Shield? Many who bought this game had no ideia of the tactical realism that marks every Tom Clancy´s game.

So many who bought the game expected something like Counter-Strike (that 30cm blast ratius grenade), then they would throw a grenade and instead of taking cover they would just stand, waiting to see the explosion.

And then you were behind cover, waiting for the grenade to go off, suddenly BOOM, the grenade goes off and your teamate dies in a stupid way . Those good times gave some great laughs.

course u cud always win the ubi-lottery, pull the pin, take cover, get ur team-mates out the way, and then BOOM......on comes a minute of solid swearing on TS due to the ubi-nade..... :rofl: that provides endless laughs, from both teams!! :D

edit: also shud say, that the roll or throw option is such a good one to have in, like most the options u GRIN guys are adding :thumbsup:

I liked the explosion from GR1; it didnt have that hollywood-fireball effect that most games tend to fall into.

That was a nice and realistic touch by Redstorm. Yet the sound, the "dust"-effect and the shake still made the grenade fearsome. I hope GRIN translated some of this into GRAW.

it didnt have that hollywood-fireball effect that most games tend to fall into.

Maybe cause in Hollywood they use white phosporus, and all cars are sprayed with flamable painting and use propane engines?

:P

Edited by 3rdMillhouse

I'm surprised that this thread has been dominated by discussions about running and throwing grenades (realistic/unrealistic). Why isn't anyone concerned with the way the tango AI and friendly AI will react to grenades? That's not to say that running and throwing grenades is not a valid concern.

In GR1 I always noticed that you can cause tangos to scatter if you toss a grenade at them. This reaction kind of makes them seem to forget to shoot you for about 1 or 2 seconds. If you want to break an engagement, toss some grenades and move before they detonate (not always affective).

In GR1 when you frag a room or a small area with tangos, the tangos that did not die from the blast are not disoriented or shocked in any way. In Raven Shield I really liked the way tangos were shocked and disoriented by flash bangs and grenades.

- Will the tango AI in GR:AW be disoriented by grenade explosions (the ones that survive the blast)?

- Will the player experience any Raven Shield type screen waviness (visual disorientation), due to loud and close blasts (bombs, frags, artillery, etc.)?

silent_op

- Will the tango AI in GR:AW be disoriented by grenade explosions (the ones that survive the blast)?

- Will the player experience any Raven Shield type screen waviness (visual disorientation), due to loud and close blasts (bombs, frags, artillery, etc.)?

silent_op

I would count with that, considering the huge amount of effort GRIN seems to have put on the A.I., but anyway a dev will probably answer that soon. :)

I want to express my concerns about grenades....

...in hte original GR, you either had to throw the grenade at your feet, or at maximum strength....

...Trying to place a nade at a specific point are really hard when you cant regulate the strength.

I never had any problems with throwing a frag in GR.

I could throw 'em in your lap if need be, and I've had hundreds that did just that with me :grin3: <-- making good use of the new smiley :D

I'm surprised that this thread has been dominated by discussions about running and throwing grenades (realistic/unrealistic). Why isn't anyone concerned with the way the tango AI and friendly AI will react to grenades? That's not to say that running and throwing grenades is not a valid concern.

In GR1 I always noticed that you can cause tangos to scatter if you toss a grenade at them. This reaction kind of makes them seem to forget to shoot you for about 1 or 2 seconds. If you want to break an engagement, toss some grenades and move before they detonate (not always affective).

In GR1 when you frag a room or a small area with tangos, the tangos that did not die from the blast are not disoriented or shocked in any way. In Raven Shield I really liked the way tangos were shocked and disoriented by flash bangs and grenades.

Yes - how? The will get stressed like crazy or run/dive for cover.

Yes - Not the RS effect but a effect GRAW style.

silent_op

Yes - how? The will get stressed like crazy or run/dive for cover.

Yes - Not the RS effect but a effect GRAW style.

silent_op

Awesome :grin1: Man, I can't wait to get my grubby little hands on this game.

Back to the topic of lethal range (and this is potentially dangerous, so forgive me), did anyone ever play Sniper Elite, or the demo?

For the dificulty settings, they had two choices for the lethal grenade range. Realistic (like 17m if I recall correctly) and Hollywood (21 or 25m). I laughed, but then it got me thinking.

I agree, it seems like games generally needed to increase the lethality radius of hand (especially fragmentation) grenades, where as Hollywood really needs to tone them down. What do you think?

Heh, and I loved how in R6, RS and GR I would occasionally think if I can just get the grenade over there, I'm safe here...and BLAM! I would take myself out all the same :D