All Along The Watchtower

Colin

All Along The Watchtower trailer released.

Link

Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest videogame publishers, released the latest trailer of its coming March hit Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. Logically named “All Along The Watchtowerâ€, the trailer unveils a new version of the classic song written by Bob Dylan, made famous by Jimmy Hendrix and now performed by:

Everlast – vocals

Billy Gould - Faith No More (Bass)

Raymond Herrera - Fear Factory, Killing Zone (Drums)

Doug Carrion – Kottonmouth Kings, Dag Nasty (Guitar)

Russell Ali - Kamana/Killing Zone (local LA Bands) (Guitar)

These artists joined the Ghosts to produce this new version of the classic song mixing a dash of a Classic, a pinch of Rock and a touch of Rap.

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter™ will be released on:

10th March 2006 on Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Xbox® video game system from Microsoft

31st March 2006 on PC DVD-ROM and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system.

Cool

All Along The Watchtower trailer released.

Link

Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest videogame publishers, released the latest trailer of its coming March hit Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. Logically named “All Along The Watchtower”, the trailer unveils a new version of the classic song written by Bob Dylan, made famous by Jimmy Hendrix and now performed by:

Everlast – vocals

Billy Gould - Faith No More (Bass)

Raymond Herrera - Fear Factory, Killing Zone (Drums)

Doug Carrion – Kottonmouth Kings, Dag Nasty (Guitar)

Russell Ali - Kamana/Killing Zone (local LA Bands) (Guitar)

These artists joined the Ghosts to produce this new version of the classic song mixing a dash of a Classic, a pinch of Rock and a touch of Rap.

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter™ will be released on:

10th March 2006 on Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Xbox® video game system from Microsoft

31st March 2006 on PC DVD-ROM and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system.

Cool

Great track, i like U2's version...and here's the lyrics lol :whistle:

There must be some way out of here

Said the joker to the thief

There's too much confusion here

I can't get no relief

Businessmen they drink my wine

Plowmen dig my earth

None of them know along the line

What any of this is worth, yeah

No reason to get excited

The thief, he kindly spoke

There are many here among us (here)

Who think that life is but a joke

But you and I, we've been through that

And that is not our fate

So let us not talk falsely now

Because the hour is getting late

Hey hey hey

All along the watchtower

Princes kept the view

While horsemen came and went

Barefoot servants too

All I got is a red guitar

Three chords

And the truth

All I got is a red guitar

The rest is up to you

There's no reason to get excited

The thief, he kindly spoke

There are some among us here

Say that life is just a joke

You and I, we've been through that

And that is not our fate (at least today)

So let us not talk falsely now

Because the hour is getting late

Late... yeah...

Yeah-yea

Yeah-yea

Uh huh, uh huh

Yeah-yea

Maybe Hendrix should lead the missions. I remember being stationed at FT. Campbell that his room at the old 187th barracks(across from the old air assault school) was sealed as a shrine to him.cool...

Axel Rose was also a cook at the dining facility where I worked in Germany, of course years prior..

then I worked for the US Government in Friedberg Germany and worked in the same dining facility that Elvis presley ate in as a private..way cool.

But I'm still going to hold my opinions on GRAW until I can try the demo or whatever. I know in the past I've been pretty down and that's not fair... :blink:

Nobody, but nobody, will ever be able to touch that song the way Hendrix did.

Word.

That was Everlast doing vocals?? The former Boom Shalacklack Boom dudes?? Wierdness. Anyway, that version sounded like it didnt know whether to be punk, ska, or rap.

I wish they would just stick to the Hans Zimmer-esque musical scores and keep it serious. But then that would contrast to the gung-ho-me-rambo theme of GR:AW I guess.

errr... hendrix just about smoked himself retarded. of course, im not a fan of his music, so its easy for me to say, but that dude was a dumn sh**. some people help fight diseases, some defend their country, and others get fried, play an amazing guitar and then smash the guitar to bits on stage like a chimpanzee on crack & cappuccino. what a guy. <_<

if you guys didn't hate me before, ha ha!

errr...  hendrix just about smoked himself retarded.  of course, im not a fan of his music, so its easy for me to say, but that dude was a dumn sh**.  some people help fight diseases, some defend their country, and others get fried, play an amazing guitar and then smash the guitar to bits on stage like a chimpanzee on crack & cappuccino.  what a guy. <_<

I'll have to double check, but I thought I read somewhere that Hendrix served in the Army. I may be wrong though.

In any case, I don't care if he was a dumb######. So was Jim Morrison. But man, could they belt out the music ! !

It turns out that Hendrix did time in the Army, but for him, that's just wqhat it was: a sentenence.

After playing with several local Seattle bands and getting into trouble with the law via a stolen car, Hendrix was sentenced to 2 years in jail. However, his lawyer made a compromise offer, and Hendrix was sentenced to 2 years of service in the Army, joining the 101st Airborne Division (stationed at Fort Campbell, Kentucky) as a trainee paratrooper. Hendrix was considered an incompetent soldier, repeatedly caught sleeping while on duty at midnight bed-check. Superiors noted that he needed constant supervision even for basic tasks, and lacked motivation. He was described by one supervisor as having "no known good characteristics", and by another that "his mind apparently cannot function while performing duties and thinking about his guitar"[1]. After less than a year, he received a medical discharge after breaking his ankle on his 26th parachute jump. (He said later that the sound of air whistling through the parachute shrouds was one of the sources of his "spacy" guitar sound.) Hendrix was discharged from the US Army three years before the Vietnam War saw large numbers of US soldiers arrive. But his recordings would become favorites of soldiers fighting there. (A biography published in summer 2005, Room Full Of Mirrors, by Charles Cross, claims that Hendrix faked being gay--claiming to have fallen in love with another soldier--and was therefore discharged. According to Cross, Hendrix was an avid anti-communist and did not leave the US Army as a protest to the Vietnam War, but simply wanted out so he could focus on playing guitar.)

After leaving Ft. Campbell, Hendrix and his friend and bandmate Billy Cox moved to nearby Nashville. There they played, and sometimes lived, in the clubs along Jefferson Street, the traditional heart of Nashville's black community, and home to a lively rhythm and blues scene.

Read about it here.

A little off-topic, but then again, a little NOT off-topic. :lol:

Edited by Specter

errr...  hendrix just about smoked himself retarded.  of course, im not a fan of his music, so its easy for me to say, but that dude was a dumn sh**.  some people help fight diseases, some defend their country, and others get fried, play an amazing guitar and then smash the guitar to bits on stage like a chimpanzee on crack & cappuccino.  what a guy. <_<

Dude "Hendrix" rules :notworthy: . And he was in the army, he served in vietnam.

No specter, you are right, My sources back in 87' told me that he was in what was the 187th INF across from the OLD air assault school. the army turned his room into a shrine.

They are right in stating he was in the Army

After playing with several local Seattle bands and getting into trouble with the law via a stolen car, Hendrix was sentenced to 2 years in jail. However, his lawyer made a compromise offer, and Hendrix was sentenced to 2 years of service in the Army, joining the 101st Airborne Division (stationed at Fort Campbell, Kentucky) as a trainee paratrooper. Hendrix was considered an incompetent soldier, repeatedly caught sleeping while on duty at midnight bed-check. Superiors noted that he needed constant supervision even for basic tasks, and lacked motivation. He was described by one supervisor as having "no known good characteristics", and by another that "his mind apparently cannot function while performing duties and thinking about his guitar"[1]. After less than a year, he received a medical discharge after breaking his ankle on his 26th parachute jump. (He said later that the sound of air whistling through the parachute shrouds was one of the sources of his "spacy" guitar sound.) Hendrix was discharged from the US Army three years before the Vietnam War saw large numbers of US soldiers arrive. But his recordings would become favorites of soldiers fighting there.
mm hm, he was a soldier alright. Not to show disrespect to anyone in the armed services, dont get me wrong. but i wouldn't excactly say hendrix was a soldier in the same way most of them are. :yes:

Try searching for a Jimi Hendrix or Bob Dylan version. I am sure you will find it. If not, go to Best Buy and look for Jimi Hendrix's Electric Ladyland album/CD, it is on that album (I have the album with the original artwork :devil: ).

Oh I got all of Jimi Hendrix, I was just wondering if this rendition was on the web anywhere. Thanx for the help tho.

• 2 weeks later...
Nobody, but nobody, will ever be able to touch that song the way Hendrix did.
Word.

That was Everlast doing vocals?? The former Boom Shalacklack Boom dudes?? Wierdness. Anyway, that version sounded like it didnt know whether to be punk, ska, or rap.

I wish they would just stick to the Hans Zimmer-esque musical scores and keep it serious. But then that would contrast to the gung-ho-me-rambo theme of GR:AW I guess.

Having just heard the original for the first time, I'll have to respectfully disgree. The remix blows Hendrix's version out of the water.

Then again, I am of a different generation ... well, pseudo, anyway.

Electric Ladyland is one of the best albums of all time, but I think his next best was the very under-rated Band of Gypsies, with Billy Cox and Buddy Miles, Cox was in the army with Hendrix.

I used to listen to pretty much nothing else but Hendrix, Alvin Lee, Johnny Winter and Rory Gallagher for several years!!!!!!!.

JF

Edited by JFSebastian