GRAW PC WEAPONS

Q&A: weapons on PC

Will there be the possibility to use weapons with the carried off’s shoot ? (it means the possibility to see the target thanks to a camera on the weapon and to shoot from a corner, only with the arms visible)

We do not have this feature on PC.

What is the number of weapons available?

We have 8 primary weapon bulks, 4 secondary weapons, and 2 auxiliary weapons. The actual number of weapons you will see in the game is actually bigger thanks to our mod system. For instance, in some games, you will have the choice between a plain rifle or a rifle with a grenade launcher attached. In GRAW PC, you select a basic bulk, and then outfit the weapon with the mods that you need.

Will we unlock some equipment during the campaign or will everything be available from the beginning? Can we improve the skills of soldiers thanks to points after each mission as it was possible in GR?

You will have a wide variety of weapons to choose from, early in the campaign. And as far as progression in concerned, the game takes place in such a short span of time, that increase the stats of your teammates would have been unrealistic.

What is the number of vehicles available as support units?

We have 2 ground support vehicles (Abrahams and Stryker), 3 air support units (Black Hawk, Apache, F15), and artillery for far support.

I expect a wonderful shoot animation with a nice recoil… is it the case ?

Oh yes.

Is it possible to have smoke grenades which build a “real†wall in GRAW? (not only a nice visual effect on the screen)

We do not want to unbalance gameplay with this, but we have worked on this. Still we cannot guarantee this, and we do not want to risk it in multiplayer, since it can lead to cheats (with tuned graphical options that could give an advantage to some players).

Is the ragdoll realistic according to the impact? Is it different for a bullet than for a grenade?

Yes, we have different behaviours when enemies are shot or busted by grenades.

Is it possible to take weapons on the body of dead enemies? Or dead allies?

Some soldiers would argue that you do not use a weapon you do not know, as it could be badly maintained or booby trapped. We can however pick up ammo in the field.

Is it possible to have weapons from foreign countries (french, german, italian…)?

Not at this stage, maybe for later content or add-on.

Is it possible to cooperate with other armies present in Mexico?

You will fight along marines or friendly vehicles in some missions.

Will the wind have any influence on the path of bullet (and therefore on the accuracy)?

This was thought off for some time, but we decided to avoid it. From past experience, when you put this kind of feature in a game, people think the aiming is bugged ?

Is the distance taken in account during a shoot? (a target at 50m will be touched faster than another at 350m)

This is usually hard to notice below 600m, and we would have to cheat (and have it look like a bug) to make it really happen, so we did not include that.

Link

Colin

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always good to get more info.

I was kinda hoping to be able to pick up a weapon from a corpse but can live with out if the ammo is available.

I like the fact that wind and distance wont be a factor. I like a tactial shooter not a tactial simulation. In my experiance simulations become more like work and involve research to grasp and become proficient at.

We all know the bottom line difference between the GR franchise and other FPS games is the fact that you can't jump. This eliminates the infamous "Bunny Hopper" and forces a more carefull aproach to staying alive and winning.

Will there be the possibility to use weapons with the carried off’s shoot ? (it means the possibility to see the target thanks to a camera on the weapon and to shoot from a corner, only with the arms visible)

^^ Oh thank god!!

And WP to Colin for getting us this information. Most appreciated.

"What is the number of vehicles available as support units?

We have 2 ground support vehicles (Abrahams and Stryker), 3 air support units (Black Hawk, Apache, F15), and artillery for far support. "

I am looking forward to what modders can do with this when scripting missions.

^^ Oh thank god!!

Out of curiosity, why are you glad this feature is out??

I thought this might be something kind of cool to try out. I know you wouldn't want an MP game where everybody is hiding behind cover and picking people off around corners, but for sp, it might be nice.

Besides that, its not a realism issue, since this type of system will be used by the militart soon.

Some soldiers would argue that you do not use a weapon you do not know, as it could be badly maintained or booby trapped. We can however pick up ammo in the field.

NOO!!!!!! :'( :'(

i specifally remember people asking for this when gr2 got cancelled. It would take more time to take the mag out and take the ammo then shoot the gun...if it was booby trapped itd go off when you picked the gun up to take the mag out for the ammo too. :bye:

i specifally remember people asking for this when gr2 got cancelled. It would take more time to take the mag out and take the ammo then shoot the gun...if it was booby trapped itd go off when you picked the gun up to take the mag out for the ammo too. :bye:

Actually the reason for not picking up a weapon of a enemy you just killed is that you might have put bullets in it and damaged it - resulting in a dead mans click next time you fire or such.

Ammo is picked up using universal mag acceptence from guns like the SCAR.

^^ Oh thank god!!

Out of curiosity, why are you glad this feature is out??

I thought this might be something kind of cool to try out. I know you wouldn't want an MP game where everybody is hiding behind cover and picking people off around corners, but for sp, it might be nice.

Besides that, its not a realism issue, since this type of system will be used by the militart soon.

Just due to the MP style of game play. It could be the "noob" weapon of GR:AW like the OICW/GL was for GR1. But yeah, for SP it might have been a nice feature.

And I'm not one for the whole "I want realism". I just want a game that I enjoy playing, not one that has been tuned to realistic perfection but plays like a bad fart.

Actually the reason for not picking up a weapon of a enemy you just killed is that you might have put bullets in it and damaged it - resulting in a dead mans click next time you fire or such.

Ammo is picked up using universal mag acceptence from guns like the SCAR.

Looking forward to trying out the SCAR in GR:AW, and will the model detail look as good as in the picture below? In Battlefield 2 the SCAR sounds a bit week, although i have never heard one fire in real life so maybe they sound a bit tinnie.

scar7rz.th.jpg

Looking forward to trying out the SCAR in GR:AW, and will the model detail look as good as in the picture below?

Unlike BF2 SF, it looks as if GRIN have included the newer 2nd generation SCAR designs instead of the 1st generation "all-black" prototypes that are in your pic. I'm just hoping we get more optics options instead of just the M68.

GRAW_PC_060131_Interface_01.jpg

• 2 months later...
What is the number of vehicles available as support units?

We have 2 ground support vehicles (Abrahams and Stryker), 3 air support units (Black Hawk, Apache, F15), and artillery for far support.

I have been avoiding nitpicking anything about GRAW because I have approved of everything that I have seen. There is one thing here that I felt I needed to comment on, and that is the role of the F15.

I hope that we will not see the F15 dropping bombs for CAS, or doing low level strafing runs. I say this because the F15 is mainly an air superiority fighter. The role of the F 15 during a CAS mission is to provide top cover for the F16s or A10s that are flying low altitude CAS runs. The F15E can perform deep strike air to ground runs, but it is generally not the first, nor the best choice for CAS.

Just had to throw my two cents in.

Here is some info on the F 15

Edited by standalone

I think hatchet force handled this question very well a while back with a line something like: If i run out of ammunition, im not going to start swinging my M4 like a baseball bat.

Atleast you can pick up ammo now.

In the pic above you see the weapon stats of a SCAR-L with front grip

The accuracy is red. I thought a frontgrip inproves accuracy or am I wrong?

Hmmm, I've barely tried a front grip, but to me it felt more awkward to aim good, but the weapon was a lot easier to weild around.

In the pic above you see the weapon stats of a SCAR-L with front grip

The accuracy is red. I thought a frontgrip inproves accuracy or am I wrong?

Hmmm, I've barely tried a front grip, but to me it felt more awkward to aim good, but the weapon was a lot easier to weild around.

Thats how it works in GRAW accurancy goes down ( a bit) but stability goes way up !

Just a small point on this guys.

The more you carry the least effective you become, especially after a good run, it will take you more time to settle into a shot.

This is somethig you will be able to play around with, the choices are very good and make good combat sence.