Starforce

Exactly. I know we are more technically savy than Average Joe Gamer who may play a game a couple of times a month or buy one or 2 games a year, but he hasn't the gumption to figure out what is wrong. He will guess that his PC is broke and wonder why. He may even call his PC manufacturers support line to try and figure out what is wrong and even they will not know. He may even replace a drive that has nothing wrong with it technically (or the drive may really be broke) to try and fix it and still suffer the same problem.

I have a mind to contact the Department of Homeland Security about this as they have already admonished Sony over their copyright protection software (even though the 2 schemes are vastly different) for installing software on peoples PCs when they shouldn't do so unknowingly.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Jay, I was happy until I heard someone mention starforce, maybe I should just buy an xbox and leave this drm/starforce/worm/virus infected world. I am still really unhappy that Sony got of so bloody cheap for their crap.

as soon as a console has full k/m support for all fps im dumping the hassels of pc gaming forever. or if the revmote/revolution proves great and gets most fps.

• 1 month later...

Well, it looks like not only is GRAW gonna be StarForce free, but so is the rest of UbiSoft, potentially.

Ubi Drops StarForce

Remember kids, boycotting (entertainment) products generally doesn't work, especially in an industry already used to low sales numbers. :)

There was a good editorial somewhere, that said the best way to make a publisher like Ubi turn around on such a policy is to make them uncomfortable, even ashamed, to be associated with it.

Corporate image is a very powerful tool indeed. :)

Well, it looks like not only is GRAW gonna be StarForce free, but so is the rest of UbiSoft, potentially.

Ubi Drops StarForce

Remember kids, boycotting (entertainment) products generally doesn't work, especially in an industry already used to low sales numbers. :)

There was a good editorial somewhere, that said the best way to make a publisher like Ubi turn around on such a policy is to make them uncomfortable, even ashamed, to be associated with it.

Corporate image is a very powerful tool indeed. :)

Official StarForce Feed Back Thread, StarForce Software. :whistle:

*shakes ironclad fist*

I'll get you next time, Gadget, next tiiiimmmee... :D

LOL. Do you honestly think I would not pass this word around as fast as I could as I have been a big opponent of SF since I first had a taste of it?

Actually, I figured you were probably done and satisfied after posting that GRAW would not have it (and with Bo confirming that in thread later). :)