three new videos, but verrrrrry slow

Moonwalker

Yeh they are really struggling to deliver those movies and Filefront is still down so I can't put them up there. They are too big to add to our public downloads, that would just use up all our bandwidth, but GR.net Supporters can grab them from the Supporters Forum shortly.

I'll keep trying to put them up on filefront, and may be Ghostaholics will mirror them soon too.

and may be Ghostaholics will mirror them soon too.

I am trying hard to get those movies. I will upload them to our FTP.

They will be available asap to everyone, and can be viewed from this page.

I will get back to you :)

BTW..........why dont you just all stop downloading them? That will make my download lots faster :P

Then you have them faster aswell.............Everybody happy? :D

:thumbsup:

Thanks alot el nino...

So far I only watched the fishing village one. Graphics and sounds are absolutely perfect. The water on the beach was breathtaking. The maps also were very large.

I'm still hating the cheating diamonds...errr..aiming system...but I know that can be toggled.

I now know why the GR.net team left RedStorm so impressed. I pray that the PC version will be very similar to this.

This is definitely what the community has been waiting for and completely worthy of the Ghost Recon title.

:D:D:D

**EDIT***

Ok watched them all now. Absolutely incredible. Looks like we are in for some incredible firefights in some of the best environments that I've seen...

Edited by en4rcment

i liked everything xcept the ai seems a little slow to react sometimes, and the night/thermal vision? I dont like.

I agree. The AI seemed a little slow, but they did flank him on the temple map. I'm undecided on the night vision. Overall, it sure looks sweet. I can't wait to see some PC video with FPWV.

i liked everything xcept the ai seems a little slow to react sometimes, and the night/thermal vision? I dont like.

Agreed i think that bugs me more than the diamonds! Anyways its a turn off options so im ok with it i guess.

Edited by deadpreacher

Guys, it would be worth becoming a supporter of GR.net just to watch those videos.  This is from a die hard PC fan right, well they've given me the willies!  :D

This game is going to be superb!!!

I'm thinking about it though I have the videos already.

What do ya get for being a supporter anyway? Other than to keep this great site going? :)

Just curious...

What do ya get for being a supporter anyway?  Other than to keep this great site going?  :)

For one thing, access to special subforums that include such things as these videos, at a blazing download speed.

Oh, and of course, a warm, fuzzy feeling.

ok, some may not agree with me on this, but i have to say it. i watched those videos, and the always praised havok physics engine ...........welll...........it sucks ..

i thought they would have solved this, but if you look at the video where he is shooting in the junkyard looking map, and he lays prone and shoots like three guys by a wrecked car, you will notice guns floating in the air, etc. looks goofy. i honestly dont know why all these developers think havok physics are awesome, cause in my opinion, that physics engine is very unlife like, and at times terribly in accurate, with arms and legs flapping like weightless bags of sand, and guns floating in the air, (this happens alot in GR2 mp)

not a major complaint , but dissappointed to see it in next gen games.

the funny occurance happens in movie #2 at about 1:03

am i the only one who finds this pretty crappy , in a next gen premier title like this.?

I don't like the concept of switching to night vision to isolate the enemy, especially on daytime maps. I think it makes the game to unfair. In the older GRs it would be too bright to use thermal, during the daytime. What is up with that? I have seen this in a number of gameplay vids, too. :(

Edited by OSPerry

I am medium cool about videos.

Scenery is good, but there is a lot of low-res textures. I hope this shall be fixed. I would like to see some bump mapping on those native houses.

Soldier in front of the screen is NOT "next-gen" by any definition. Model needs better polygonal shape and better cloth and metal textures. Also, there is no connection between movement of the camera and soldier - like he is pasted on screen; better animation, please!

Red storm, devil is in details. :thumbsup: